Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Same problem here. It ran perfectly immediately after the update but went into the DDOLauncher->TurbineInvoker loop after that. The processes cycle too quickly to manually kill. I have to logout of the OS in order to stop them.

I've never installed a Lamannia build on the box.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Rename the Invoker to break the loop, then copy the version from the Backup directory. Then never completely close the launcher, or make a batch file to do the copy every time you want to launch. Just something like:
    Code:
    copy Backup\TurbineInvoker.exe .
    TurbineLauncher
    Put that in a file named "DDO Launch.bat" in the directory.
    This worked for me as well. Thanks Frotz.

Sometimes when i try i get an APPCRASH from windows. The problem is with Framework, file mscorwks.dll

Community Member

Ok, the invoker work-around works for me once but then if I exit out and try to go back in it won't work. I think I'd have to log out of windows to get it back. Trying process explorer now to kill things.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I have a question for folks who are experiencing this issue that will help us investigate: Have you downloaded or updated the Lamannia public preview client in the past month or so?
    I logged into Lamannia only once, when Druid + spellpower changes were introduced. Never since then again.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Rename the Invoker to break the loop, then copy the version from the Backup directory. Then never completely close the launcher, or make a batch file to do the copy every time you want to launch. Just something like:
    Code:
    TurbineLauncher
    Ty, this is working.

Community Member

Have played on Lama, and why I knew the quick fix. Restart didn't help. Reinstall in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    The processes cycle too quickly to manually kill. I have to logout of the OS in order to stop them.
    You can rename the Invoker file to break the loop. Just put any character at the start.

Default Contact Customer Service WHAT Customer Service

Really, that's your answer, Contact Customer Service so we can work the problem! Last time I contacted Customer Service, right after update 18 when this launcher problem started, it took them 5 days to respond to my email. 5 DAYS! How can you work a problem like that. Why don't you just say, we are gonna kick back here and let you solve this problem yourselves.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thumbs up

Code:
    TurbineLauncher
    Worked like a charm.

The suggestion/solution should have come from the game-owners of course, now I'm not sure if I am grateful or not, because you took away yet another reason to quit this game.

May Turbine hire you as a damage control consultant real soon.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Community Member

I have never logged into Lammania. I am experiencing the endless loop.
    The batch file idea works fine for me...

I know the devs were up all night working on this patch, but I really hope they haven't been sent home to sleep yet ...

You can rename the Invoker file to break the loop. Just put any character at the start.
    Thanks. I eventually just moved the invoker out of the game directory to force a shell exception. Sadly, it contained no useful information.

TOS or not - I've half a mind to decompile the launcher and invoker just to run it in a debugger and see what's going on.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member ComfortablyNumb's Avatar

ok, this file does not exist, do I need to create it? or is that maybe why it's not working?

Community Manager

All right, folks, we are still investigating this, and I'll try to provide more information to you as soon as possible.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I have a question for folks who are experiencing this issue that will help us investigate: Have you downloaded or updated the Lamannia public preview client in the past month or so?
    Ran launcher successfully first time to get in game. All went well. Logged out, and then tried to dual box something. Currently in Launcher/Invoker infinite loop. And no, no Lammania client.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    ok, this file does not exist, do I need to create it? or is that maybe why it's not working?
    Yeah, you need to make a new .bat file yourself. Just start and edit a new text file and rename it to have .bat instead of .txt at the end.

Patched fine, restarted PC and BAM! ... infinite loop.

I've never downloaded Lamannia.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Ran launcher successfully first time to get in game. All went well. Logged out, and then tried to dual box something. Currently in Launcher/Invoker infinite loop. And no, no Lammania client.
    This seems to be the main problem. Once you've run it once you have to reboot and possibly use the workaround posted here as well before you can run again. I'm going to test just a reboot rq as I'm really not in the mood for a reinstall atm.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Manager

We are currently bringing down the patch servers, which means that people who are not yet in the game will not be able to log into the game client. Players who are currently in-game will not be able to re-log in if they disconnect. We are currently working on a fix for a patching issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Turbine owes FROTZ!

Turbine should give Frotz some free TP's or give him the update to the game for free. Better yet, hire him. His fix worked for me worked! Thanks Frotz!

Code:
    TurbineLauncher
    How Do I do that? A step by step instruction is much appreciated. That'd be very helpful for me and other IT-challenged people. Thank you in advance.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast