Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 308
  1. #201
    Community Member westerndragon207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    well she was quoting somthing i said with somthing different so maybe she made a mistake?

    but anyway artis can solo well, so can monkchers, fvs, sorcs/wiz, fighter/barbarian if they are properly set up to self heal, i know this because ive done it on every class, artis arent over powered, they are powerful and it is easy for newbies to do well with them over say a barbarian wich takes work to setup. this is way off topic

    as a seasoned player with knowledge of the in's and outs of enhancements and feats and item stacking i'll say this "WAY OVER POWERED"....my arti at lvl 12 solo'd tempest spine on hard. granted hes on life 3 but still with spell buffs and a good set of shippies proper enhancements and a tailored set of weapons and armor ( dusk heart, bracers of wind and cloak of night = 30% conceal + blurry + incorporeal miss chance) for the elementals and golems I felt like I was running misery's all over again now i know not everyone knows the system like i do but when i can pwn lvl 17's in pvp and complete 12 man raids while my lvl 14 CL/Thf has trouble in meneachtarun id say arti's are OP.
    Tread not in the path of Dragons. For thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.

  2. #202
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    This is the last ill say on the matter because of actually playing the game now but its not naked grind, i wasent even trying to grind and our guild hit 62, its somthing that happens as you play, you CHOOSE additionaly renown trophies as rewards if you feel like.. barely any grind at all in my opinion.

    second i agree partially with your arguement on social structures, i have compassion for those that get kicked from guilds because they went on vacation or some other thing, on the other hand why would you want in a guild like that anyway, get in one with friends and you no longer have a problem.
    some of them are half arsed players that wont contribute anything they have multi chars in multi guilds across different servers and log on with a stinking attitude, they need to be kicked by people who care about their own guild, its not all about level its about having fun and enjoying yourself/guildies

    A guild of friends wont kick you if you arent on as much as they would want.

    nothing needs to be removed, give devs a break will say one last time - their time is better spent on real bugs and real issues of improving this game
    Choosing additional renown isn't going to help for those who do not play the game religiously every day. That is a lot of people who guilds simply aren't an option for under that system.

    Also, if someone plays the game less frequently, one of the main reasons to join a guild is to find others they can reliably group with. A few friends that all play infrequently forming a guild can be more likely to log in to an empty guild roster than not unless their lives all just happen to run on the same schedule. Their is one point I will agree with you on, it is about fun and enjoying yourselves, So why add the worry over who isn't pulling their weight to the equation? While I agree that a stinking attitude is likely to lead to loss of guild, I don't see how any of the rest matters, unless you fell everyone should play the game how you feel it should be played. My guild has several players who openly told us Wayfinder wasn't their primary server, just where they go when they want to take a break. We are more than happy to have them when they are around.

    That's the big issue I have with decay, it dictates how people should play the game at a very base level. How long, how often where and with whom.

  3. #203
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    taking a quick peek while i stealth a timed ambush in game:P

    This isent a real issue at all, its just people who want things handed to em while barely playing and thats not fair, if you want games like that mmoRPG's aren't for you - there is games without grind they arent mmoRPGs
    It will keep YOU happy and some flower sniffers in this thread happy and thats fine you want things your way and you might just get it, it dont make it right though and my voice is to say whats right and logical nothing more (or less)

    As for completionist, yes i am, over 3 years put into my character grinding (because thats what RPG's are about, aspecially mmo ones. and without changing characters and i did it with dedication, thats fair its good but it deserves no praise.
    Actually, want they want is to be able to guild with anyone if they don't play a lot. In my experience of actually being in a large easy to get into guild, the main question isn't whether the guild has good buffs. It's dose it have others to play with. MMOs are not just about grinds, they are also about being social. Having a ready made social construct to log into without committing more time than one have available to build can be the difference between playing and just passing on the whole experience.

  4. #204
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    as for them paying yea sure they are paying, good for them, but the game without the real dedicated grinders and players would be a ghost town and those flowersniffers wouldent be paying for a ghost town. what im getting at is why should a flower sniffer come on and start dictating to the devs because they want things their way, give logical reasons
    Because, IMO, a guild without dedicated players is also a ghost town and they aren't paying to play in a ghost town.

    The thing is, I don't believe my way is the only way so am will to concede that those guilds I consider ghost towns also have a right for a satisfying game experience.

    Also your analogies are not exactly apt, as any "flower sniffer" can do anything else in the game as the dedicated grinder, except level a guild. It just tales them longer. Decay is the only mechanic in the game that sets an activity benchmark that blocks any progress to those who can't meet it.

  5. #205
    Community Member Superhanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Choosing additional renown isn't going to help for those who do not play the game religiously every day. That is a lot of people who guilds simply aren't an option for under that system.

    Also, if someone plays the game less frequently, one of the main reasons to join a guild is to find others they can reliably group with. A few friends that all play infrequently forming a guild can be more likely to log in to an empty guild roster than not unless their lives all just happen to run on the same schedule. Their is one point I will agree with you on, it is about fun and enjoying yourselves, So why add the worry over who isn't pulling their weight to the equation? While I agree that a stinking attitude is likely to lead to loss of guild, I don't see how any of the rest matters, unless you fell everyone should play the game how you feel it should be played. My guild has several players who openly told us Wayfinder wasn't their primary server, just where they go when they want to take a break. We are more than happy to have them when they are around.

    That's the big issue I have with decay, it dictates how people should play the game at a very base level. How long, how often where and with whom.
    Hi again, im not going to reply to all 3 of those posts so i will reply here

    Ive said my bit and give my opinion, your posts dont sway me in the slightest, as mine obviously dont you either, also its pointless me trying to say anything - its not going to make a difference so i let it go, i hope you get what you want, have fun!
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

  6. #206
    Community Member Superhanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westerndragon207 View Post
    as a seasoned player with knowledge of the in's and outs of enhancements and feats and item stacking i'll say this "WAY OVER POWERED"....my arti at lvl 12 solo'd tempest spine on hard. granted hes on life 3 but still with spell buffs and a good set of shippies proper enhancements and a tailored set of weapons and armor ( dusk heart, bracers of wind and cloak of night = 30% conceal + blurry + incorporeal miss chance) for the elementals and golems I felt like I was running misery's all over again now i know not everyone knows the system like i do but when i can pwn lvl 17's in pvp and complete 12 man raids while my lvl 14 CL/Thf has trouble in meneachtarun id say arti's are OP.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but i been there and soloed it elite on a wizard at level, if it werent for the intel rune id of done it on sorc, fvs, monk, clr (aspecially my current final clonk life) artis are good but they arent the vastly overpowered class your making em out to be, this game isent a good basis for pvp, a arcane archer will put you down with manyshot in 2 seconds if need be, pvp here is unbalanced - not going to go deep into it though

    you should have a entirely different thread for this - it would be interesting to see others opinions
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

  7. #207
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,464

    Default It isn't how much they play as much as it is how fast they play

    I started playing this game when the renown/decay system was already in place. One thing I can tell you is that when I was a new player getting renown drops was a very slow process because I played lower difficulties and at a much slower pace.

    The issue isn't that the people in these guilds are not playing, the issue is that they are not playing fast enough to defeat decay. A new person may play 2 hours and complete 1 dungeon on normal. A vet may complete 10 dungeons on Elite in the exact same amount of time and will end up getting much more renown. A vet that helps a group of newer players will also get less renown for slowing down his pace to match the groups.

    Anyone that slows their play pace to match the party they are in are also sacrificing renown for the sake of the group. A guild should not move backwards because they are playing slower to accommodate the slowest person in their party. Likewise a guild should not be punished for grouping at all. Decay does that because if you are unable to advance, you are forced to either run content faster, play more or group less to save time in an effort to combat decay.

    I received advice last fall from someone I group with about renown. He saw my posts and told me I could get more renown by soloing or only joining zerging parties most of the time. He was right - it worked. However, I don't think I should have to play so fast and if someone asks me for help with a quest I don't think I should lose renown for the day because I did that rather than soloing. I should be able to post LFMs instead of soloing without our guild moving backwards.

    That is why I think decay is bad.

  8. #208
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    taking a quick peek while i stealth a timed ambush in game:P

    This isent a real issue at all, its just people who want things handed to em while barely playing and thats not fair, if you want games like that mmoRPG's aren't for you - there is games without grind they arent mmoRPGs
    It will keep YOU happy and some flower sniffers in this thread happy and thats fine you want things your way and you might just get it, it dont make it right though and my voice is to say whats right and logical nothing more (or less)

    As for completionist, yes i am, over 3 years put into my character grinding (because thats what RPG's are about, aspecially mmo ones. and without changing characters and i did it with dedication, thats fair its good but it deserves no praise.
    Baloney, no one wants anything handed out to them on a silver platter. Grinding is doing something over a period of time to receive or acquire something. Like for example before when there was only one epic difficulty and people ran red fens for the epic claw set.

    Some got the set faster than others depending on their play-style or the time they had to actually play yet no one could say the set was denied to them because they couldn't play as much, it just took longer to get it. Same for the torc or bloodstone or any other gear that's a grind to get.

    If you remove decay people still need to grind to get to level 100. The only difference will be is everyone will be able to achieve level 100 EVENTUALLY. Those that are at level 100 now will not lose anything or any perceived achievement. Those that play more "hardcore" will get to level 100 faster, those that are more casual will get there slower. Like wise those in a huge guilds will get there faster than those in smaller guilds. It's a very natural and logical way of things.

    Without decay whether it takes you 1 year or 5 years to hit level 100 doesn't matter you will still have had to grind the guild renown like everyone else to hit 100. Without decay it will just open this content, which is denied to most people that don't fit a very narrow criteria, to everyone.

    Seriously some people need to get over themselves playing a game isn't "hard work" it's playing a game. It's meant to be fun

    For example you keep on going on about how you are in a 2 man guild and it's not that hard but then you claim we need to "work" for it and not have it handed to us. You say this is a mmorpg and it's about grind, ever consider mmorpgs are about playing with other people and not 2 manning everything.

    Bottom line is the grind is still there whether decay is present or not, you just don't lose any progress based on how much time you have to play. Bottom line is you are enforcing your play style on others when you don't need to. You can still play like you are now you just need to add that requirement to your guild and admittance to it.

    Bottom line it's like trying to enforce perma death on everyone because there are some perma death guilds playing DDO that have specific perma death rules and requirements .

    Maybe take a good look in the mirror before you insinuate people are being whiney or entitled or silly.

    QFT
    Im not being biased here, our guild is 68 and the 2 of us grinded for it and will get it above 70 and keep it there, thats just 2 people.

    Stop trying to take the challenge and fun out the game bit by bit, it consistently gets easier in other areas because of people moaning, what about the people that dont moan? they get to suffer your whiney voice and game changes as devs bend over backwards to please your silly ideas, keep your 10 cents it costs for the manpower.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 06-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  9. #209
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    it isent baloney considering how easy it is to get renown and yet again you like the rest are missing the whole point that its a waste of dev time because you wanna get on here and be one of the yes men, yea its effortless to get a 62-70 guild where you get all your 30 resists and +2s, very easy, to get 100 and maintain it is HARD WORK, i cant do it, and i dont complain about it i just show my respect for those guilds that can get it, they are RENOWN for being good.

    your just another one of the yes men to me so ill say no more, its futile your wasting your time by telling me to get over myself, what for being honest and having the balls to say it? and question everything?

    you get over yourself mr self rightous, the way people come across in this thread is whiney, *****y, bratty, cynical, demanding and until people show respect kindness and compassion ill be willing to let them know about it regardless of if it upsets you, ive already had my 1 warning by the mods as it is so ill probably get banned at some point anyway, wich is fine, some people will get me and thats good enough
    Now you are spouting nonsense. Go back and read better and you will see in a previous post of mine that I feel the devs should not waste time on this. Making decay be zero though takes no time at all.

    I am far far from a yes man lol Again hold the mirror up to yourself and maybe stop projecting. I am in founders guild that is quite active and have respect for many peeps I have run with both within and without the guild.

    I will tell you one thing though the number beside your guild name doesn't earn you any respect from me, I have carried quite few guild level 100 people in my backpack and I know it means nothing, if you want my respect you will have to earn it by running with me.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 06-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  10. #210
    Community Member Superhanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Now you are spouting nonsense. Go back and read better and you will see in a previous post of mine that I feel the devs should not waste time on this. Making decay be zero though takes no time at all.

    I am far far from a yes man lol Again hold the mirror up to yourself and maybe stop projecting. I am in founders guild that is quite active and have respect for many peeps I have run with both within and without the guild.

    I will tell you one thing though the number beside your guild name doesn't earn you any respect from me, I have carried quite few guild level 100 people in my backpack and I know it means nothing, if you want my respect you will have to earn it by running with me.
    so you agree that its wasting dev time but think it should be removed anyway, and your in a stable guild but somehow still not content, this is about the little number by your name, its all about that obviously or we wouldent even be here, you want the number because by 62 you get all the best buffs anyway.

    stop going on about mirrors, your probably looking in one too much as it is with that ego
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.

  11. #211
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,020

    Default

    /signed for the complete and total removal of guild decay!

    To balance it a little the devs could simply put a system in place that large guilds need to earn more renown to reach the higher levels but they still don't lose what they earn. This would mean that large and small guilds could progress at a similar pace and would give them the freedom to play the game how they want to play it and not be dictated to by Turbine. This in turn would help with LFM's on many (if not all) servers, people could run with whoever and not be at risk of losing renown (since they stop farming for it) so more people could/would do training runs for raids, quest or whatever else! It could/would bring people together in the game and that is what D&D is all about, playing with your friends, having a laugh and enjoying it!

    This is not about people wanting stuff handed to them on a platter, it's more about making it possible to achieve in the first place for everybody rather than being "you must play a certain way or you will never reach level x" which is wrong!

    A game should not be hard work... it should be fun ffs it's a game!

    Stoner81.

  12. #212
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    so you agree that its wasting dev time but think it should be removed anyway, and your in a stable guild but somehow still not content, this is about the little number by your name, its all about that obviously or we wouldent even be here, you want the number because by 62 you get all the best buffs anyway.

    stop going on about mirrors, your probably looking in one too much as it is with that ego
    My guild is past 60 but if you would actually read you would see it takes hardly no time to remove decay. Unlike you this isn't about me it's about the other people that are not able too get higher guild levels because of time constraints.

    My posts clearly show I am not the one with an ego unlike yours and all the assumptions you have been making about others posting in this thread simply because they do not agree with you, next thing you will be spouting the man code at me and all that drivel.

    Personally I don't give a load if it stay as it is, we are doing fine. If there is a thread about this and I have some time to burn I will post what I think regardless of whether you approve or not.

    I will however post my thoughts AND not just focus on what I WANT but what I think is right presently for everyone, and that is to remove decay period and then leave it at that permanently.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 06-04-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  13. #213
    Community Member rangerluna375's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Im in a 3 person/account guild. Guild renown and decay is fine for small guilds.

    Our play time fluctuates, but we have always leveled up pretty steadily. And we would hardly be considered a power leveling guild.

    Before the last change, large guilds were getting hammered by decay. Small guilds were fine and most in small guilds were NOT vocal for the most part on forums. I don't recall many complaints from small guild members. heck, I know that our small guild had it pretty damn good when compared to the large guilds and decay.

    Then the change came to take some of the burden off of large guilds. No changes were made to small guilds like mine. We still get the same small guild, HUGE renown BONUS that we used to.

    But because a change was made to large guilds, then we started having complaints about how small guilds are getting screwed. "they got help and we didn't, which means we are being screwed over" lol

    Small guilds weren't complaining about decay back when large guilds were being hammered. And the funniest thing out of all of it, is that guild decay is the exact same as it was before the change for small guilds.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo, LOOON, Hobaggin, Buttscracher, FuglyDbag

  14. #214
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerluna375 View Post
    (...)Small guilds weren't complaining about decay back when large guilds were being hammered. And the funniest thing out of all of it, is that guild decay is the exact same as it was before the change for small guilds.
    I am a longterm small guild player. I had been one of the vocal small guild voices insisting to do away with renown decay completely.

    Here some points for you to think upon, before warming up the same (wrong) arguments that big-guilders after the change were throwing around:

    + Renown before the change got tampered with from time to time by the devs. From "decay = base decay * accounts" to "decay = base decay * (accounts + 10)" to "min(base decay * (accounts+10); 20)" we had everything. Mathematically the last variants had the downside of being unfairly biased against large guilds, as proven by Vanshilar and others during the large guild protests that lead to the change last autumn. Decay always was anti-social because due to decay any guild wanting to advance beyond the point of inherent "normal" activity had to steamline for renown production. It is totally normal behavior for players wanting to advance with whatever is handed to them by the MMO. So most guilds overstretched to reach the maximum possible. They either culled the casuals and inactives or stalled. This always was the same problem for small and large guild. large guilds now do not have the stalling problem on that large scale, reduced by up to 95% for 300+ account guilds.
    + Every guild based on the average activity level had a stalling point under the old system. The point could well be in lv. 100 if a guild was actve and motivated enough to overcome the daily renown. The stalling point was fully a function of average activity of all the guild members. Of course: The larger a guild, the higher the probability any given guild member gets less active or even inactive completely. This of course lowered the average avtivity level of that large guild and the guild only could react to this by kicking the said member in order to advance. After the change the large guilds do not need a high activity Level for overcomming decay. They only need size. Even casual contributors are a plus. This still does not hold true for small guilds. If any of their members gets inactive,or casual, it lowers their activity average by a large % and still woul dneed to be kicked for the guild to advance. So the rules got changed, but only for the large guilds.
    + Most of the guilds (by a large margin) on any server are small, struggling low level guilds. Numbers may be read up in the official discussion forum.
    + To add mockery to the damage done the devs tempered with the ransack penalty after leveling up. This means that small guilds nearing the mathematical stalling point (normal activity levels would see this in the level range 50-60, higher activity in the 70ies) further have Problems to max out their level because they now need to overcome an artificial renown supply scarity that is posted on them for 24 hours. Basically, they do not get enough renown to overcome daily decay and now start to elevater up and down. Just check the guild level announcements on most servers. Some guild daily get an announcement now...

    There would be many solutions proposed of that could be done to even things out a little bit. Most lack one thing: They need development time. Setting the renown decay counter to Zero would not need much time, therefore this would be the best solution. Until Turbine decides what to do with the guild system anyway.

  15. #215
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superhanns View Post
    I read that it takes no time to remove and still think even small time is a waste here. if a whole guild even with time constraints cant even get to lvl62 in a guild over time somthing is wrong, the decay is so small i dont even see why its an issue besides you and others acting like brats, dont even start bringing mirrors into this either:P, i point it out because thats what it is.

    Nobody should be caring about my approval and likely dont, im not here to be your friend, im here to give logical reasons why this whole thread/petition is silly, im aware people will sign it blindly anyway and im outnumbered thats ok with me. im not going to spout "man code" at you, your being insufferable.

    what you WANT and what you WANT for everyone is in essence you still wanting and the same thing, dont try come across like your some selfless being, Your here because of your ego, wanting things your way, thats the reality of you.
    Sorry but no one is acting like brats just defending or explaining what they think should be done, normally I couldn't care less if you agree or not but when you start name calling and telling people they are whiney, brats, spoiled, flower sniffers etc etc you are going too far.

    You even had the nerve, in a previous post, to go on about kindness and respect yet clearly these things do not apply to you just to others. So yes get in front of that mirror and take a good long look.

    If you must know what I want is for things to stay as they are and for the devs to fix bugs then new content. Alas many are not happy with this and they have valid points. Most views do, so the logical thing is to do what is easiest and will satisfy the most people and that is to remove decay by setting it to 0.

    The only counter argument you have is to lash out with personal attacks and resort to name calling thereby putting the lie to your words and showing the truth to your hypocrisy.

    It's not about me, the only one here struggling with an ego is yourself

    The only argument for keeping it and locking others out was "for the challenge" even though you kind of destroy that by then saying it's not that hard to do lol.

    The problem with that argument is you can still have that challenge regardless of others being able to get to 100 or not. You just make grinding so much renown part of your guild rules, the same way perma death guilds have certain rules for their guilds such as delete your character if you die.

    No like I have said previously it's more about the special snowflake wanting an exclusive special snowflake club.

    Anyhoot I am done with you, you are weak and not worth my time.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 06-05-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  16. #216
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Signed

    Get rid of decay completely so people stop quitting the game because of it.

  17. #217
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,464

    Default Watch for the people with May and June 2013 join dates

    While some of these folks may be legit, some may be here simply for the purpose of dragging people into endless arguments and point/counterpoint debates in attempt to get this thread closed. The typical tactic is to be combative and then request the thread be closed.

    Don't take the bait and ignore them. Most people will see their posts for what they are.

    Obviously the people that play at a fast pace and only quest with people that play at a fast pace don't have a problem. Large guilds except maybe start-up guilds don't have a problem. They are entitled to their opinion of wanting a penalty mechanism that keeps others from advancing. They aren't going to change it because of any discussions here. They don't want other guilds advancing period and no amount of discussion will change that.

    Most of these folks are the same people that argued against large guilds getting a a decay break or the same folks that argued to get rid of decay when it was a problem for large guilds prior to 10/12.

  18. #218
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    /signed for the complete and total removal of guild decay!

    To balance it a little the devs could simply put a system in place that large guilds need to earn more renown to reach the higher levels but they still don't lose what they earn. This would mean that large and small guilds could progress at a similar pace and would give them the freedom to play the game how they want to play it and not be dictated to by Turbine. This in turn would help with LFM's on many (if not all) servers, people could run with whoever and not be at risk of losing renown (since they stop farming for it) so more people could/would do training runs for raids, quest or whatever else! It could/would bring people together in the game and that is what D&D is all about, playing with your friends, having a laugh and enjoying it!

    This is not about people wanting stuff handed to them on a platter, it's more about making it possible to achieve in the first place for everybody rather than being "you must play a certain way or you will never reach level x" which is wrong!

    A game should not be hard work... it should be fun ffs it's a game!

    Stoner81.
    It's already balanced by small guild bonuses. Give the people who actually run the guilds enough reason and they will start booting casuals again to take advantage of those lower renown thresholds. If anything I would say larger guilds should have an advantage so that those who play enough to do a reasonable job of running guilds have an incentive to keep around those who don't.

  19. #219
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It's already balanced by small guild bonuses. Give the people who actually run the guilds enough reason and they will start booting casuals again to take advantage of those lower renown thresholds. If anything I would say larger guilds should have an advantage so that those who play enough to do a reasonable job of running guilds have an incentive to keep around those who don't.
    It's not balanced at all. It was somewhat balanced before, but now large guilds have a huge advantage. EDIT: For clarification: I still do NOT want to go back. I want to take what was a good step for large guilds a step further and make it a good step for ALL guilds.

    Removing decay will ensure that all guilds have the satisfaction of not having their hard work taken away from them. I fail to see any reason why this would be bad.

    Remove decay and people can play in the kind of guild they want to, without bias from an artificial and unfair guild renown system.

    Set the decay to 0. It should not take much time away from fixing the ladder bug, and it will make a large number of players happy.

    But first and foremost... let's hear something meaningful from Turbine. They've had many months to formulate an opinion, and the implied further changes have yet to materialize. Though I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 06-05-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  20. #220
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It's already balanced by small guild bonuses. Give the people who actually run the guilds enough reason and they will start booting casuals again to take advantage of those lower renown thresholds. If anything I would say larger guilds should have an advantage so that those who play enough to do a reasonable job of running guilds have an incentive to keep around those who don't.
    I agree that the small guild bonus balances the system as far renown earning goes. No other earning rewards are needed or necessary.

    The only balance issue with the system is decay at the moment. I think a guild of 6 getting the earning power of 24 is good enough. A guild of 200 should out-earn this guild - it makes sense. The bonus is extremely helpful to newer players as it allows them to get their guild level up quicker.

    I don't think the guild bonus is effective towards combatting decay and there is a huge imbalance with regards to decay that should be rectified. Ideally it should just go away because I don't think any amount of tweaking will ever work.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload