Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Default Since no one else noticed: Are we getting the Spiked Chain weapon in the Expansion?

Samantha Scarified (my nickname for the Shadar on the left side of the new splash screen) seems to be caressing a long supple, sexy length of... Chain!

Chain you pervs, spiked chain to be exact. Is this a teaser for a new and awesome piercing X4 two hander that's been missing from the game?

Just let me know when my Battlecleric can swap to Improved Critical Pierce... Thanks

Community Member

My guess would be that's just the graphic for their special attack, not an entirely new class of weapon...

Community Member abrownbear9108's Avatar

only if they add other missing weapons too, like Scythes and whips and flails as a minimum

The boss in Shadow of a Doubt has one as well, and from the Dev diary, it sounds like it's only going to be available as a special attack/SLA of the rogue Iconics.

Community Member

Judging by how it is used in the new quest, I would concur with the others that it looks to be just a special attack.

I am curious if the 'ring' weapons used by some of the mobs in the new quests will be a new 'weapon' or 'weapon skin' (maybe they are scythes?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Judging by how it is used in the new quest, I would concur with the others that it looks to be just a special attack.

I am curious if the 'ring' weapons used by some of the mobs in the new quests will be a new 'weapon' or 'weapon skin' (maybe they are scythes?)
    its a chakram, and we can hope