Community Member

Default I kinda like it that Iconics can't TR

Aside from the obvious fact that it sets your first life off with basically a free Stone of XP, I kinda hope they decide to keep Iconics permanently separate from the TR system.

If they do, then they can officially design Iconics to be "endgame ready" without needing multiple PLs, as many current builds do. Make up for the lost active/passive PLs with more powerful abilities right away. Iconics could be a nice 'change of pace' character for people who've already been through the TR meatgrinder with one character already.

And I'm also afraid that if you can TR them, you can TR INTO them, and obviously then 80% of the characters in Epic are all going to be variations on "1 Iconic/19 Build X" for all the extra skills and abilities.

Plus, if Iconics ARE ever made TR-compatible, then all you Completionists will have to go out and buy, and play, all 4 Iconics to re-qualify...

I tend to agree, if anything they should have their own TR mechanic.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

They already stated that Iconics will be TR compatible.
    If you TR into an Iconic, they could give you no bonus xp, or they could do something else which was already stated about changing the TR system entirely.

I very much hope that Iconics will not count as a separate class for TRing. A bladeforged should count as a PL paladin imo; especially since you cant go 1 bladeforged/19 paladin.

If you have noticed the new DDO team has been making FR content. And all of the FR content starts at level 15+. I'm willing to bet that there will be a Druidic wood ML 20 that resets you to level 1 for a pastlife feat, and a new Druidic wood that is ML 28 or ML 30 (and costs Heroic Coms) that resets you to level 15 with a pastlife feat. This will allow TRs to farm destinies and start in the FR content to get all of their lives in.
    This will also reduce the workload for turbine every time a new game changing development occurs. They won't really need to update all of the retired content.

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    They already stated that Iconics will be TR compatible.
    If you TR into an Iconic, they could give you no bonus xp, or they could do something else which was already stated about changing the TR system entirely.

I very much hope that Iconics will not count as a separate class for TRing. A bladeforged should count as a PL paladin imo; especially since you cant go 1 bladeforged/19 paladin.

If you have noticed the new DDO team has been making FR content. And all of the FR content starts at level 15+. I'm willing to bet that there will be a Druidic wood ML 20 that resets you to level 1 for a pastlife feat, and a new Druidic wood that is ML 28 or ML 30 (and costs Heroic Coms) that resets you to level 15 with a pastlife feat. This will allow TRs to farm destinies and start in the FR content to get all of their lives in.
    This will also reduce the workload for turbine every time a new game changing development occurs. They won't really need to update all of the retired content.
    Bladeforged is a race

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I kinda hope they decide to keep Iconics permanently separate from the TR system.
    Except how many people will take Iconics seriously if that is the case? Yes there are people that do not TR or only TR very rarely. Most people I know though do in fact TR and thus only consider them viable as a bank character. Unfortunately this makes anyone playing Iconics, which I believe exist for primarily new players, little more than a big red "This guy is very likely a new player and thus not knowledgeable enough for level 15+ content" flag. It won't always be the case, but it will be often enough that people may eventually steer clear of them in parties as much as possible.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Actually I have already seen that happening in game. Was in a PUG 2 days ago and the leaded booted a bladeforged as soon as he saw the guy. gave an explanation to the group that Noobs shouldn't be joining zerg runs.

Personally I don't care, and have never cared who is in my group by and large but for those who do the Iconics are already something to avoid it would appear.