Community Member

Default Build I deas TWF self healing with DWAXES

woulld love any input...I am on third life...currently level 23 ...have all lives ranger.....woulld like any build ideas for a TR dont care class or race...but just want to utilize all of my axes and be able to heal myself...sorry for horrible syntax and typing...lol
    FVS maybe?

FvS, pally, druid, rogue (UMD) and of course, Cleric dill+TWF melee. And cleric, but that's awkward. Nobody likes seeing a cleric do -anything- except heal...

In short... lots of options! But yeah, FvS is a strong choice, and you can always go healbot if needed. (hope not, talk about dull)

*edit* Forgot to mention, FvS, Druid, Cleric and Rogue need to either get it as an exotic feat, or take a splash in a class that gets martial prof (say, fighter)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    FvS, pally, druid, rogue (UMD) and of course, Cleric dill+TWF melee. And cleric, but that's awkward. Nobody likes seeing a cleric do -anything- except heal...
    Heh, just today I was running around with my level 10 first-life drow cleric/ranger/rogue (Phidius's build, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/332212 ) and got some interesting comments... as in, "Whyever do you have a ranger level in there?" and "Wait, you do what with a cleric again?"

Not saying that'd necessarily be in any way optimal or anything, but just that comment about clerics doing things... and after a few TRs you should have enough build points (and tomes) that you could probably make it work as any race, if you were so inclined.
    Last edited by mna; 05-31-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Community Member

How about 12 Paladin, 6 Ranger, 2fighter, Dwarf.

HotD Pally enhancements for heal amp, Tempest Ranger for those axes, + TWF, IWF and Manyshot granted (make use of those ranger past lives on occasion) fighter for some feats, could even be rogue or something like that really.

Should be able to self heal through the majority of content and nab yourself a paladin past life in the process.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Goal: Self healing with dwarf axes
    you could have decent self healing with any class through a high UMD, potions, and heal scrolls, but I'm guessing you want to be better than that.

My suggestions: Paladin, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Monk, Favored Soul

Since Monks won't be using dwarven axes, and druids don't benefit much from them either I'll remove those options.

Paladin: 18 paladin/2 rogue (or monk)
    pump int to at least 14 and you can possibly handle traps, or dump int and dual wield dwarven axes or use a shield with an axe

Bard: 16 bard/2 rogue/2 fighter
    I'd base this off a Genghis Khan build but with TWF
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t=genghis+khan

Cleric: 18 cleric/2 paladin makes for a nice tank with healing. 2 levels of monk or rogue adds evasion (at the loss of heavy armor)

Favored Soul A: 18 FVS/2 Paladin. High saves, heavy armor, durable.

Favored Soul B: 16 FVS/2 Paladin/2 Monk (The Golden Roach).
    Evasion, TWF or THF with a shield, Healing, VERY high saves. I have one and I love it.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t=golden+roach

Personally I love Clerics, but the golden roach is a very fun build too. I wish you the best of luck,
    -PaxsMickey

Community Member

Default What about ranger?

I'd take a look at a few ranger builds if I were you. Take the tempest pre and you'll do good dps. Also you'll have evasion and self healing.

I recently posted a build called the Buckskin. It could easily be converted to dwarf with d axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Miktagg View Post
    I'd take a look at a few ranger builds if I were you. Take the tempest pre and you'll do good dps. Also you'll have evasion and self healing.

I recently posted a build called the Buckskin. It could easily be converted to dwarf with d axes.
    As per the OP "...have all lives ranger..." I don't think he wants another ranger... ^^

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...dps-healing%29

Replace Proficiency: Khopesh with Empower Heal.

Selfheals quickened for 450-550 with 2 seperate 3.5second cooldowns.