Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member icekinslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    235

    Default Large green bag is vanished.

    So I send in a ticket, and the reply was to wait for 24h to see if it was returned to my character. It was not returned to my character. It's been 2 and half days now. That bag was Full of ingreds that I'd been saving and collecting for about 3 years.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default Not again............

    Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    So I send in a ticket, and the reply was to wait for 24h to see if it was returned to my character. It was not returned to my character. It's been 2 and half days now. That bag was Full of ingreds that I'd been saving and collecting for about 3 years.
    I suspected this bug was back when I read This Thread.

    Here we go again.

    There was a fix in place for this a year or two ago, where the bag/ lost items would be returned to you in the mail, I can't remember if they show in the confirmed or unconfirmed mail but it can take anywhere from a few hours to a week for i to show up.

    This is assuming the lost and found didn't also get broke with U18, which is what it sounds like.


    Edit: @ OP, did you put this bag in your shared bank by chance or sell some things to a vendor when it went missing? If you lost it when you sold things to a vendor, did you check the buyback tab?(I know, stating the obvious, just trying to narrow it down).
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-29-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  3. #3
    Community Member icekinslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    I suspected this bug was back when I read This Thread.

    Here we go again.

    There was a fix in place for this a year or two ago, where the bag/ lost items would be returned to you in the mail, I can't remember if they show in the confirmed or unconfirmed mail but it can take anywhere from a few hours to a week for i to show up.

    This is assuming the lost and found didn't also get broke with U18, which is what it sounds like.


    Edit: @ OP, did you put this bag in your shared bank by chance or sell some things to a vendor when it went missing? If you lost it when you sold things to a vendor, did you check the buyback tab?(I know, stating the obvious, just trying to narrow it down).

    the bag was going from the shared bank to my inventory. It disappeared just before it got to my inventory, so i thought i had accidentally deleted it, but there was no delete confirmation, and the buy back tab, even 24hr later just had regular items that i had sold during the day.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    the bag was going from the shared bank to my inventory. It disappeared just before it got to my inventory, so i thought i had accidentally deleted it, but there was no delete confirmation, and the buy back tab, even 24hr later just had regular items that i had sold during the day.
    Yeah, then it is the old bug come back to haunt us. The old issue was that when swapping your ing bag/whatever item between characters via the shared bank, the tiniest tiniest lag spike would cause the bag/items to go into limbo and be destroyed, iirc correctly.

    The uproar in the community this caused finally got Turbine off their buttocks and put a fix in for us, where the item would get mailed back to the player as "lost and found" in the mail title.

    I would strongly suggest you post in the general forums, Turbine is extremely lazy about coming into this thread to help people. Other players will not be happy about this, and if it is in fact either a broken lost and found, or the bug returned, it needs to be put back on the known issues list.

    I would imagine other players in general forums will likely be a bit ticked off too, which might help get something said at least.
    This sucks for you, sorry to hear you lost your green bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    451

    Default Found the old threads.

    Here are the old threads on the issue.

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=caution

    This one took a bit over a month, but Turbine did resolve it.



    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=shared%20bank

    This one is from the same time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

  6. #6
    Community Member ArgentMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    So I send in a ticket, and the reply was to wait for 24h to see if it was returned to my character. It was not returned to my character. It's been 2 and half days now. That bag was Full of ingreds that I'd been saving and collecting for about 3 years.
    This happened to me a couple of months ago. I sent in a ticket and was told to wait to see if it arrived in the mail, but it never did. It had all my Shroud ingredients, Sentinels sigils, and Lordsmarch marks in it, so I was crushed. I updated the ticket but never heard anything back. Several days later I logged in on a low-level toon I hadn't played in weeks, and there it was. So I'd check your other toons, just for the sake of completeness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload