Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Argo's Avengers - Who are your class heroes

I've thought about all the amazing players I've had the pleasure of running with lately. I'm making this thread in order to give folks the props they deserve for leaving lasting positive impressions on those who choose to post here.

So, in light of the recent superhero movie rush - name your avengers!

These are getting written down as they come in - no hard feelings if someone is left out:

Artificer: Taavis and Mugs have been incredible assets to any party, Zod is a horrible deadly giver but destroys EE content on that Jugg.

Bard: Trix and Ridero both die exceptionally well on their bards

Cleric: Azlix is a great healer (when awake), Dark is amazing on his once a month healer as well. Templar as always. Beeor, Gorka nub, Gathan

Druid: Arthur, if he ever returns. Azlix does exceptionally well, trix is learning quickly - but he never crowns me =[.

Favored soul: Argo's gay lover Maarl absolutely dominates on his fvs, Necro is also a rare killer who also heals. Vaapor definitely comes to mind - especially when we need an evoker for ee fot's. Gathan has a very interesting build split that I was intrigued by.

Fighter: this one is easy! - (that doesn't mean necro- but he's uber)

Monk: Zoda did great on his, Green when he doesn't die, Kaarloe is one of argo's best non-moncher monks imo, Gathan and beeor's monks are an asset to any group. Lilandel is very effective on his monk too.

Rogue: Appep is hands down one of the best on argo

Sorc: Darkstrife does exceptionally well, Farwil has impressed me lately as well. Oh and fisheranus!

Wizard: Maarl, Zod does well when he decides to dust his wizzy off. Gorka nub

I know I missed tons of folks - But I'll update this as they come up
    Last edited by Cetus; 06-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Fighter: this one is easy!
    Thank you, thank you /bow /bow

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Necro is also a rare killer who also heals
    Hey I request this to be reassessed. TR lives don't count!

Quote Originally Posted by Necromane View Post
    Thank you, thank you /bow /bow

Hey I request this to be reassessed. TR lives don't count!
    ok, op fixed
    YouTube Channel HERE

dude, you're going to make me cry. ty for the mentions. going to consider this a bit then post a list.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    dude, you're going to make me cry. ty for the mentions. going to consider this a bit then post a list.
    Aww....don't cry *hug*

Artificer: uh...haven't seen any non juggernauts arti that is good yet. :P

Barbarian: Rayum

Bard: Trix ( the best bard on aggro )

Cleric: Divinicass, Bethinia

Druid: Icompleted

FvS: Gathan

Fighter: Die Cetusss.

Monk: Cleri

Paladin: Conquerkill (4 pure pally lives O.O) , Rhylent

Ranger: Alk, Doombearded, maybe Ara :P

Rogue: Apepp

Sorcerer: Farwil

Wizard: Rayum, Vodca

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    Hey, I do pretty well when my connection holds up.
    And when I'm not auto running off cliffs... Or drinking pots in traps... Or spamming flaming weapons on Scoob instead of killing stuff...
    You know, I think that "maybe" was justified. I'm gonna go sit in a corner and reflect upon my actions.

Also, die scoob.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Also, die scoob.
    feel the love
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

NOTE: My memory is garbage and I KNOW I am forgetting people here. Also, this isn't a popularity contest. If I didn't list ya, it doesn't mean I don't love ya. In fact, I've listed some people who I'm not tight with, but have to recognize what they've shown me.

Artificer
    In Zod we trust. He rocks anything he plays but I gotta put his main here. Ratshat. Taavis. Mugs.

Bard
    I am not qualified to judge this class in terms of uber. But some of my favorite bards include Chennai and Rideros

Cleric
    I have known a lot of really great clerics. But in terms of who still rocks it today Beeor mostly comes to mind as a cleric/killer (he sucks at healing others though :P ). In terms of who i want in our EE FoT's...looking after us...Raichel from The Ancients, Azlix, Templars, Paramedix was pretty stellar solo-healing our EE FoT today

Druid
    Arthurr. dude is just plain committed to excellence in this class. come back lover!!!

Favored Soul
    Beefscoob rockin the old school WF Lord of Blades. I dig the retro and the attitude. J$ from AoK as well.

Fighter
    Cetus. The man has utterly broken the game with his fighter. Master min-maxer. Totally self-sufficient and all around destroyer of worlds on that character. No one I have seen approaches what he does.

Monk
    Not sure how many of you know this guy but Kungfugrip plays one of the best pure monks. I can't include monk-splashed build here as it's so disgustingly pervasive on Argo. Mugaishen and Asaske also come to mind as monks I never have to worry about, regardless of content. I think both are pure as well but not 100%

Paladin
    Jadokis from Truth Seekers. Dude is a rock star on that character. Doesn't get enough credit imo

Ranger
    There is Preston...and then there is everybody else. Steadfast, ready for any situation that develops (always) and resists all of the flavor of the month builds. Outperforms the rest with 25% of the internet speed. Max love and respect sherp.

Rogue
    I have to agree, Appep is outstanding on his rogue. Plays with a lot of intelligence and precision, even in the midst of utter chaos. Watching him do what he does is pretty cool.

Sorc
    Darkstrife. Respect for Farwil on his air savant, when everyone else rushes to water. But Dark towers above the rest.

Wizard
    I've watched Cetus play many iterations of his PM. He juggles destinies and configurations on the fly and nothing slows him down. I can barely outkill him on my Shiradi (and often he outkills me). The problem is, my Shiradi is my A-toon and his PM is his B-toon

But absolutely Mitch aka Milamberr is the wiz I strive to be. Dude just does magic and taught me that wizards lead the way. Dude, you are missed.
    Last edited by HotMaarl; 05-29-2013 at 02:43 AM.

When I make my call after the obvious most important factor being skill and experience with the given class, I'm looking at the build (level split, destiny setup, past lives, gear).

Arti: credit goes to the DnT guys here hands down if we are looking at classic clankers (Taavis and Vaapid). If juggers count as arti then I'm obviously the greatest (drop those master arti rings for god's sake, the red slot on your weapon is there for a reason).

Bard: Trix and Gathan (Trix put a load more work into his and kinda sorta only useful in raids, but very useful there, but I'd play Gath's build a hundred times over before I become a buff/heal/cc bot, waiting Beeor to recap when he is back from vacation, might change my call, he is making teH blitz bard)

Cleric: Mylan, shame that he forgot how to heal on the way of becoming the best cleric . If looking at healers, Az, Temp, Dark. Arthurrr and Raichel are very good (Dark can keep my acrobat up without DI, so he's gotta be the best healer... right?)

Druid: Arthur. Only based on big numbers, I just picked a random druid on argo, and since the druid population of the server is 50% Arthur it wasn't a surprise. Wolfs don't count, ppl shouldn't role play animals.

Fvs: Vaapor, I don't see much competition, play more nub! Honorable mention goes to Zergheals, rip Ira.

Fighter: I don't know anyone playing this class. I knew some uber stalwart defenders, but they eventually TR'd. (I mean Cetus hands down)

Monk: Skee - come back dude! When it comes to melee monk builds (and for me it does come to the build these days, as I find pure monk less and less desirable), I have to go with Beeor's (can't reveal his name, he says ppl are nice to him when he plays that toon), get more whirlwind attacks there people! Vaapor is very skilled and experienced monk player but his monks are in the need of update (or xp to cap). Best non-Zod monkcher I met lately is Jufina (and I always considered Abikara one of the best archers, dude should log on more than once a full moon). note to Cetus: but, Green does die.

Ranger: Preston, no real competition there lately.

Rogue: I despise assassins, but Brenna and Trix are kinda good at it. I don't know any acrobats atm aside from my gimp (who never got enough love to be better than decent), so can't say much about that, qstaff cleaves need.to.be.fixed!!! Raidi (Ratshat) is the best and probably only mechanic I know (and he is very good on that toon).

Paladin: Radamanth is probably the most decked out paladin I know, sometimes he even plays well. Jado is very good on his. Also if anyone remembers him, Syuken retired as all time nr#1 pally (even though he was a fighter at the end, but noone should remember that).

Sorc: Dark, undisputed. Farwil is also very good, where his toon is lacking, he is making it up with smart play and not joining my elite FOT runs.

Wizard: Maarl is the best dps wizard I know, and Cetusz is the best PM. Cetus mentioned my PM, but that toon is dead to me until they fix wail and spell crits, I have better things to do when I want to get mad.

And finally, the best Barbarian is the one who rerolls first (not trying to offend any of the barbs, that's something the devs did - I used to love mine around u9-12).

Necro is there for whatever caster class he is currently tring to.
    Last edited by Zoda; 05-29-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: typo
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Hmm, so heres my take on the people I actually remember.
    This probably doesn't mean they're the best, I just remember their names.

Sorcerer: Farwil. He's just sick. Anyone who solo's EE's with me piking at the door talking to them is pretty good in my book. No one else comes to mind that *I* play with.

Wizard: Cetus is definitely amazing on his PM. Makes the toughest content in the game look like it's childs play. On an alt toon at that. Viconiax gets honorable mention here for actually making me want to play a wizard. A real wizard. Not the melee monstrosities I build.

Favored Soul: There's just something special about Scoobs gimpy WF FvS that leaves a lasting impression. If you can get past your original "People still play that build?" aversion, he does pretty damn good.

Cleric: Skullpriest. Hands down, this girl does her best to keep people alive. I've only ever died once when running with her, and to be fair she did yell out "trap" before I opened that door. Az is also very, very good.
    Artificer: Non Juggs? Do they still make those? Zod or Scoob, no contest.

Bard: Trix. I've never seen anyone put so much work into this class. Especially the way he does it. He makes bards "cool".

Paladin:
    I'm going to go with Zod on this one. Syuken was just amazing.

Fighter: No one really comes to mind. This is just such a bad class. (Cetus obviously. I'd contest he's the best fighter in the damn game.)

Barbarian: I'm honestly drawing a blank here. I don't know a single person who plays a Barb right now who's any good. Someone enlighten me?

Rogue: Cisko, Trix, and Appep. These guys just know what they are doing.

Druid: I only know 1 druid. So good job Trix.

Ranger: When one sees Ranger, one thinks of Preston. This connection is permanent.

Monk: Lilandel. He made me want to build a monk, and build it right.

Hmm. Why not.

Sorc: Me and a couple friends always agreed, the top 3 Sorcs on the server were Isopropyl, Darkstrife and Lisaral. Lisa amazed me the first few times I ran with him, and just kept doing it over and over. Dark I've only ever heard legends about, I'm not cool enough to run with that level :/

Barb: All suck, just tr :P But no seriously, are there any barbs that deserve this spot? Everyone I know ends up dying....Oh wait Jhanrae. I'm gonna put him here because he actually tries to make them be decent.

Paladin: Rada comes to mind, and all the rest just seem to follow in his wake from what I remember. But like Zoda said, Syuken was an absolute beast. Sadly yes, I am partly(mostly) to blame for his final demise....

Fighter: Cetuss for the Kensais, Me for the Stalwarts ;P Mostly because everyone else just oogles their hp...

Rangers: Really it's just Preston. He's doing things on a pure ranger that the Monkchers end up admiring. There are some people playing the fighter counterparts that are good though (my beloved Straeder), and I've yet to meet a Monkcher that seemed to be worth his salt. Zoda's included. (Love you Ara)

Druid: Umm....Well Trixi solo healed a hard shroud and didn't *****, so I guess him.

Bard: Yeah Trixi. Bout it, not much else to say. Everyone else just makes haggle bots out of them.

Wizard: I like running with Vic.

Monk: Lilandel is good, but before he went AWOL and we all ended up hating him I have to give it to Sacheck. The dude scared the hell out of me before U14 with that thing, I don't remember ever seeing someone beat down my old fighter gimp like that.

Arti: Are there any non-Juggernauts left? Seriously? I don't care for them, but I guess we have to give it to Zoda since only him and Dextrometer (that I know of) have the gear level and the want to pull off one of them successfully. The rest are just...not nearly as impressive as people make them out to be.

Cleric: Ultimategod was super fun to run with (way way way back when)

Rogue: Cisko, Emmile, and when he's not drunk and is willing to run, I actually do enjoy running with good old Hawk. He's not the most geared, he's not the most powerful, but the dude is just a hoot to run with and hang out with. I've yet to run with Appep (no one loves me) so I'm not sure there.

Man I really need to be on a different timezone. This only getting to play at 3am EST is really starting to kill me....
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 07-03-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    and I've yet to meet a Monkcher that seemed to be worth his salt. Zoda's included. (Love you Ara)
    Everyone seems to think I'm a Monkcher... 10K stars was an after thought to me.
    Honestly, my build right now is 100% flavor. You'd think that would be evident when I took WSS despite how many people told me it's gimp and pointless on a toon with 10K stars. I'll be the first to admit my build is sub-optimal for EE content, but hell is it fun. And that's what I wanted.

It's also a build I've been wanting to do ever since I was in VENOM (2 Years ago at least). It was originally a dex based Tempest build.
    So, I didn't make a Flavor of the Month build. I was just late in actually TRing. REALLY late.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoda View Post

Rogue: I despise assassins, .
    Me too. They are anti-blitz
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    NOTE: My memory is garbage and I KNOW I am forgetting people here. Also, this isn't a popularity contest. If I didn't list ya, it doesn't mean I don't love ya. In fact, I've listed some people who I'm not tight with, but have to recognize what they've shown me.

Artificer
    In Zod we trust. He rocks anything he plays but I gotta put his main here. Ratshat. Taavis. Mugs.

Bard
    I am not qualified to judge this class in terms of uber. But some of my favorite bards include Chennai and Rideros

Cleric
    I have known a lot of really great clerics. But in terms of who still rocks it today Beeor mostly comes to mind as a cleric/killer (he sucks at healing others though :P ). In terms of who i want in our EE FoT's...looking after us...Raichel from The Ancients, Azlix, Templars, Paramedix was pretty stellar solo-healing our EE FoT today

Druid
    Arthurr. dude is just plain committed to excellence in this class. come back lover!!!

Favored Soul
    Beefscoob rockin the old school WF Lord of Blades. I dig the retro and the attitude. J$ from AoK as well.

Fighter
    Cetus. The man has utterly broken the game with his fighter. Master min-maxer. Totally self-sufficient and all around destroyer of worlds on that character. No one I have seen approaches what he does.

Monk
    Not sure how many of you know this guy but Kungfugrip plays one of the best pure monks. I can't include monk-splashed build here as it's so disgustingly pervasive on Argo. Mugaishen and Asaske also come to mind as monks I never have to worry about, regardless of content. I think both are pure as well but not 100%

Paladin
    Jadokis from Truth Seekers. Dude is a rock star on that character. Doesn't get enough credit imo

Ranger
    There is Preston...and then there is everybody else. Steadfast, ready for any situation that develops (always) and resists all of the flavor of the month builds. Outperforms the rest with 25% of the internet speed. Max love and respect sherp.

Rogue
    I have to agree, Appep is outstanding on his rogue. Plays with a lot of intelligence and precision, even in the midst of utter chaos. Watching him do what he does is pretty cool.

Sorc
    Darkstrife. Respect for Farwil on his air savant, when everyone else rushes to water. But Dark towers above the rest.

Wizard
    I've watched Cetus play many iterations of his PM. He juggles destinies and configurations on the fly and nothing slows him down. I can barely outkill him on my Shiradi (and often he outkills me). The problem is, my Shiradi is my A-toon and his PM is his B-toon

But absolutely Mitch aka Milamberr is the wiz I strive to be. Dude just does magic and taught me that wizards lead the way. Dude, you are missed.
    Thank you buddy, although those savages in EE tor have stripped me of my glory several times now with that stupid new bullrun thing they do....=[
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Everyone seems to think I'm a Monkcher... 10K stars was an after thought to me.
    Honestly, my build right now is 100% flavor. You'd think that would be evident when I took WSS despite how many people told me it's gimp and pointless on a toon with 10K stars. I'll be the first to admit my build is sub-optimal for EE content, but hell is it fun. And that's what I wanted.

It's also a build I've been wanting to do ever since I was in VENOM (2 Years ago at least). It was originally a dex based Tempest build.
    So, I didn't make a Flavor of the Month build. I was just late in actually TRing. REALLY late.
    I know you're not a traditional monkcher, but I disagree at it being sub optimal for EE. I've done a couple where you *Gasp* didn't pike and you did fine.

And the whole WSS thing being gimped, yeah umm no it's not. plus I did the whole ranger with monk levels trying to punch stuff, man was it painful. Granted yes you have uber amounts more gear than I did, but I even ended up using rapiers because I couldn't stand it.

And you didn't remember good old gimpy Night? Q_Q

Artificer: Taavis. I'd also put Zod here but I hate his "blitz-mentality" and I hate Turbine for putting such a silly mechanic in the game.

Bard: Trix and Ridero. Not that I know many of them.

Cleric: Azlix. Raichel. Paramedix. Templers. Preppi.

Druid: Arthur of course. And Azlix. Trix is still noob and made me die in Madstone aggroing a ****load of mobs and pretending his EQ worked enough.

Favored soul: I'd say Scoob and Maarl.

Fighter: I'd say Cetusss (only when in Fury). But as I said, blitz and all that.

Monk: Pure monk: Aob, Asaske. Monkcher: Zod, he doesn't use Blitz on his monkcher and we are all happy about that.

Rogue: My gf Apepp, Trix before he listened to Zod's advices to make his rogue a barbarian with 1k HP without Assassinate. Ratshat, the only mechanic I've ever seen.

Sorc: Darkstrife hands down.

Wizard: Maarl, Cetuss.

Paladin: Radamanth. Plus I love his and Arthur's accents.

Ranger: Preston, even if I ran only a few times with him.
    Last edited by Wizza; 06-02-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Artificer: Taavis. I'd also put Zod here but I hate his "blitz-mentality" and

---

Rogue: My gf Apepp, Trix before he listened to Zod's advices to make his rogue a barbarian with 1k HP without Assassinate. Ratshat, the only mechanic I've ever seen.
    Two things: even if you don't like my blitz, you enjoy its benefits quite often, the second is that I told trix to turn his rog into a barbarian with 1k hp AND assassinate, he only listened to half of what I said
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I know you're not a traditional monkcher, but I disagree at it being sub optimal for EE. I've done a couple where you *Gasp* didn't pike and you did fine.

And the whole WSS thing being gimped, yeah umm no it's not. plus I did the whole ranger with monk levels trying to punch stuff, man was it painful. Granted yes you have uber amounts more gear than I did, but I even ended up using rapiers because I couldn't stand it.

And you didn't remember good old gimpy Night? Q_Q
    I know. I shouldn't have gotten upset or anything. It's just annoying the number of times I hear stuff like "Well she's a monkcher so of course she can do it" as if that fact that I have 6 Monk levels is the only reason I'm capable of playing this game, or doing tough content. I mean, I melee as often as I pew pew, even in EE stuff. The fact that I have 10K stars doesn't make me a better player. -.-

Lol I do have a ton of gear..

I should probably go edit that. You are the best Stalwart I know.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Viconiax View Post
    Artificer: uh...haven't seen any non juggernauts arti that is good yet. :P

Barbarian: Rayum

Bard: Trix ( the best bard on aggro )

Cleric: Divinicass, Bethinia

Druid: Icompleted

FvS: Gathan

Fighter: Die Cetusss.

Monk: Cleri

Paladin: Conquerkill (4 pure pally lives O.O) , Rhylent

Rogue: Apepp

Sorcerer: Farwil

Wizard: Rayum, Vodca
    Div? that cleric is garbage. are you insane?..... ok but seriously. ty vico, im honored. and if they fix spell power, who knows. i may play him again ....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast