Default 'Pure Class' is Recruiting New Members

Pure Class is a level 70 Guild on Argonnessen server. Our website is http://pureclass.freeforums.org.

We've been around since 2010 and grew our guild from the bottom up. We are an established guild with a core group of online friends who met each other through the game. We appreciate each other's company and play and build to similar styles. We coordinate weekly guild runs and play to balanced team strategies. We take care of our Stormglory Tempest Airship with contributions from all of our members.

At this time, Pure Class is looking to fill our ranks with like-minded people. Our goal is to have our guild comprised of 15 solid people who are in it for the long term. We have some openings now and are looking for folks who are looking for the same things we are:

* Can play DDO 2-4 days a week, including our weekly Guild Night

* Have an "I'm up for anything" attitude

* More interested in quality play than just rushing to your character's next level or playing to solo-quest strategies (like zerging); be a team person who wants to help others do well

* Understand how best to build pure class characters based on the Prestige & Capstone Enhancements and how to use them effectively in a balanced party (team) system, or at least be willing to learn and implement these ideas

* Follow directions well - should only have to tell you once

* Our core group has been with us for three years; we are looking for people who have the personalities that enable longevity and quality: maturity, a good heart, a good lifestyle, and the desire to help and care for others - besides just liking to play video games

* Pure Class members typically switch toons just to be able to help out others; we don't mind running quests we have already run so as to help others earn Favor Points (even low-level quests); we like to run wilderness areas for slayer, explorers, and rares; we love to stick together in quests; we succeed with our builds and strategies in all the quests that we run together, even at the higher levels and in raids (everyone does their job); we are very class- and role-oriented with our characters; we like to joke around as we play

* In general, the folks in our guild are conservative, patriotic, and hold Christian values; it would be nice to find similar-minded folks for the sake of getting along for years to come.

If all those traits are things that you appreciate and want to be a part of, then we would like to play DDO with you. If you are interested in joining Pure Class, we ask that you have a character on the Argonnessen server and play with us! Ideally, we want our officers to each spend a couple hours with you, so the best way to do that is message us in game and we will coordinate a Guild run together. Our officers' names are: Godholm, Radicaltop, Gorgolith, and Asheraah.

Sounds nice and I wish I had time to join you. I wish you and yours good luck and good gaming.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Sounds nice and I wish I had time to join you. I wish you and yours good luck and good gaming.
    Thank you

Community Member

I would enjoy meeting you in game. A friend and I play at least 3 or 4 nights a week in the evenings, usually after 9 pm pacific (he actually often plays somewhat earlier). What time is your guild usually active? And what day is your guild night?

I'm Morthanos, a 24th level pure class Sorcerer. When the servers are back up I will try contacting one of your guild leaders in game. Thanks!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

If you don't mind I have a few questions.

Do I understand correctly that under no circumstances will any member of your guild be allowed to be a multi-class character?

How do you deal with EDs do they have to choose the closest ED to their class? or maybe in the same sphere?

Is UMD banned since it allows you to use things outside of your class/race?

Can you take cross-class skills?

Are you against using abilities that change what a stat does (ie. weapon finesse) cause that is considered "not pure" by certain (i am not among those people FYI)

Oh and do you have to be christian and have a political view and it be conservative? I see that mentioned but not clarified. IOW what does "Christian values" and "Conservative" mean.

Also said something about "Patriotic" do you have to be American?
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 11-18-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthanos View Post
    I would enjoy meeting you in game. A friend and I play at least 3 or 4 nights a week in the evenings, usually after 9 pm pacific (he actually often plays somewhat earlier). What time is your guild usually active? And what day is your guild night?

I'm Morthanos, a 24th level pure class Sorcerer. When the servers are back up I will try contacting one of your guild leaders in game. Thanks!
    We are usually all on at the same time on Saturday afternoon. Sometimes this is moved to Sunday.

During the week we are online from about 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. MST but this schedule will vary. One of our officers, Gorgolith, often plays early in the mornings, especially on Fridays. Another officer, Asheraah, is in England and follows a schedule based on that time zone.

I will message Morthanos in game now and try to set up a time when you can meet us.

If you don't mind I have a few questions.

Do I understand correctly that under no circumstances will any member of your guild be allowed to be a multi-class character?

No, of course not. Even our Guild leader, who wanted to name the Guild 'Pure Class', has splash toons. I have none right now but everyone else in the Guild has a combination of pure class and multi-class toons. Our Guild just emphasizes team play and playing to roles in the party, not building "do it all" toons with levels in three classes for example.

How do you deal with EDs do they have to choose the closest ED to their class? or maybe in the same sphere?

Again, this is up to you. But when we play as a team, the toon in the Guild party should be build to satisfy its role requirements.

Is UMD banned since it allows you to use things outside of your class/race?

No

Can you take cross-class skills?

Yes

Are you against using abilities that change what a stat does (ie. weapon finesse) cause that is considered "not pure" by certain (i am not among those people FYI)

No. You can build whatever kind of toon you like but when we play together, we play to roles (e.g. DPS, trapper, caster, healer, etc).

Oh and do you have to be christian and have a political view and it be conservative? I see that mentioned but not clarified. IOW what does "Christian values" and "Conservative" mean.

No, but the Guild leader is a Christian and politically conservative. One of our guild members is very liberal but the two of them get along anyway. The Guild leader just wanted to include that information to attract like-minded people to the Guild.

In the case of our Guild leader, Christian means Protestant and Conservative means Republican.

Also said something about "Patriotic" do you have to be American?

No, we have one Guild member that is in English and lives in London. We have had Latin American and Asian players in the Guild before. They stopped playing or moved to other Guilds but not because of some personal conflict.
    Last edited by The_Human_Cypher; 11-18-2013 at 10:49 AM.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Ok cool...hope I didn't come off as mean or anything I've just joined some guilds that have been alot more strict about that kind of stuff so I had to ask. I dunno if I'm really a good fit though as I love "abomination" (my word) builds they are usually very flavour based and not so much "do-it-all" but my building style does still seem to clash with your guild...maybe I should make my own guild called "Multiclass" and we can be rivals :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    We are usually all on at the same time on Saturday afternoon. Sometimes this is moved to Sunday.

During the week we are online from about 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. MST but this schedule will vary. One of our officers, Gorgolith, often plays early in the mornings, especially on Fridays. Another officer, Asheraah, is in England and follows a schedule based on that time zone.

I will message Morthanos in game now and try to set up a time when you can meet us.
    Thanks-you, but unfortuantely that is too early in the day for me. I am almost never on until after 10 pm Mountain. I can sometimes play on Saturday or Sunday, but couldn't promise to be there every week and it sounds like you're looking for people who can participate more often than I'm able to.

Appreciate the response. I am on most evenings, so if you are playing later than advertised, by all means let me know.