Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nobody needs more bank/inventory space, right?

Just curious if anyone actually needs it?

I assume that DDO works on supply-demand model.

I'm not sure what demand for Bank/Inventory space is, but by looking at supply I can tell you this:
    - everyone needs a lot of Companions
    - almost nobody needs Bank/Inventory upgrades

Moreover, I checked forums, it looks like nobody actually complained about Bank/Inventory space (except me + several others).
    So, maybe, just maybe, it means that additional Bank/Inventory space is not needed at all, i.e. maybe there is no demand for Bank/Inventory space and nobody would buy it.

I'm I right?

Please tell your opinion.
    Thanks.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I have a hard time buying something that is only usable on a single character. I buy all the shared bank I can but I've only ever bought 1 inventory and 1 bank space. (on my main toon)

If they ever released an option where I could buy an inventory slot or bank slot and it was added to all of my toons (current and future) I'd be much more likely to buy them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I have a hard time buying something that is only usable on a single character. I buy all the shared bank I can but I've only ever bought 1 inventory and 1 bank space. (on my main toon)

If they ever released an option where I could buy an inventory slot or bank slot and it was added to all of my toons (current and future) I'd be much more likely to buy them up.
    Yup, this is my take as well.

This + you can roll a free account and get two characters that can hold 80 items each with almost no effort.

^This.

I will not pay 600 TP for 20 slots when I can pay 625 TP for instant 80 slots, upgradeable for "free" to 160.

The main problem I undetstand with more inventory space is that it is exponential. Every single character in the game have a personal inventory that occupy space, even if it is empty or non-acessible (eg, the server need to save "slot 0 is empty, slot 2 is empty", etc). So, even if you don't use it, every character on you list have enough server memory allowed for him to save 220 items.

Now, add on the Store an option for everyone to buy more 20 bank space. Now every single character in the game have to save 240 inventory slots.

It is very easy to just code more inventory slots. The problem is that those slots have to be saved in stuff that cost money to maintain. And Turbine have the numbers on how many inventory space they sell, and if adding more space may cost more than it can give to them.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Are you saying that Companions are better choice to buy than Bank/Inventory space?
    Companions are BtA, Bank/Inventory space is BtC, so Companions wins, right?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    This + you can roll a free account and get two characters that can hold 80 items each with almost no effort.
    Good luck with storing BtC items on your bank toons.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 05-28-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    Vote for DDO, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default All these cosmetic items take up inventory

I am learning how to keep my inventory clean. My fighter types are the worst as I feel I need a different weapon for each different monster. At low levels all you need is a few types, and an acid XYZ of lacerating.

My clerics, sorcerors, wizards, favored souls seem to the easiest at keeping their inventory clean. I just started playing druids so I have no opinion on them.(I know they have been out for almost one year and I pre-ordered them too!!)
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

everyone need more bag/inventory space.. but they are sorta expensive.. and you never have enough of these..

Make Omnispell dust sold at vendors and you have freed 8 inventory space of every casters.

Make pots and scrolls stack up to 500 and there you have another 1-10 spaces.

Or sell us more inventory space if you want money. I'd gladly buy 1-2 more inventory bags and bank slots
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I am learning how to keep my inventory clean. My fighter types are the worst as I feel I need a different weapon for each different monster. At low levels all you need is a few types, and an acid XYZ of lacerating.

My clerics, sorcerors, wizards, favored souls seem to the easiest at keeping their inventory clean. I just started playing druids so I have no opinion on them.(I know they have been out for almost one year and I pre-ordered them too!!)
    I actually have the exact opposite problem. My wizard has more storage problems than my fighter. I think it's due to the spell components taking up 9 slots, along with carrying gobs of scrolls.

My ranger had some problems like you're describing. Carrying all kinds of weapons for two weapon fighting, along with all kinds of different bows.

Fighters and barbarians using two handed weapons have the least space problems for me.

Default Buying Inventory Space

Main toon has all available inventory purchase maxxed out for character bags, bank space, and shared account. At the current price point I can't see purchasing for all my other toons I don't play that often. I would buy more bank space or inventory for my main if it were possible.

That being said I would also pay for something that would actually allow me to just see what I have across all of the toons on my account without individually logging into each one.

a rework of inventory space is needed. there are ways to simplify the tabs, add more space and make some things stack more. same thing can be done for shared banking. it may require more time and money invested, but it would make some people happier if everything was simplified and more organized. this is something that Turbine should consider. investing in something that can make things easier on players can still be profitable.

for me, my 2WF's have more stuff than my one handers. the longer I play, the more cool shinies I accumulate and I don't really want to get rid of some of that stuff, even when they become outdated. ive had to part with some stuff over the past year because I didn't have the space anymore. I also have 6 bank toons and 4 toons I play. twice in the past year I have cleaned them out and still have no room to add more stuff. 1 toon was supposed to be a temporary storage. pretty much, every few quests I have to sell or I leave loot in the chest. its not a problem with cosmetic items for me, as I don't really have anything that takes up space. all my characters have at least 3 pages filled with what I consider necessary for everyday questing, even if I use some item or something rarely. my shared bank is full with stuff because I don't really have a home for them and I don't want one of my characters carrying around stuff that belongs in a bank.
    Qhualor, the P2W ranter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Make Omnispell dust sold at vendors and you have freed 8 inventory space of every casters.

Make pots and scrolls stack up to 500 and there you have another 1-10 spaces.

Or sell us more inventory space if you want money. I'd gladly buy 1-2 more inventory bags and bank slots
    Dunno, spell ingredients aren't the big issue for me regarding the bank space as I throw those stuff at TRing into my shared bank space or dump it in the guild chest for others to take. What would be nice however are spellbooks that would allow us to store rare spell scrolls that one can't buy in the regular way as they also take up quiet some space.

If we would get more bank space I would definitely buy them for my TR characters, however probably not for all my other 30 characters. So for a first live the available bank space is probably sufficient, for a TR however you may sooner or later run into space issues.
    Be it that GS Greataxe that you won't use on your Sorc life but keep it for your Barbaraian life. Or be it now the 2 new pets and the Panther that you can only use at a certain level. Heck even those Planar Shards, Outsider Tokens or Draconic Runes which just won't fit in the green bag. Needles to say that sooner or later you also have to clean-up the reincarnation cache, so even if you not pull it out right away you have to sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by tanjal View Post
    That being said I would also pay for something that would actually allow me to just see what I have across all of the toons on my account without individually logging into each one.
    That would indeed be nice! Right now I try to keep track using an Excel sheet
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 05-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

The question is what part of the game is a fundamental core of an MMO that makes the game enjoyable and what part of the game is an extra that you could do without.

As they add more and more Items to the game and each one of those Items takes up space it making more backpack and bank space more fundamentally needed as a core part of the enjoyment of the game.

That is my question where is the line.

There is a standard of performance that each MMO has to live up too. In order to make it a great game. The hole P2P experiment is still in its infancy and only the all mighty consumer will define it.

On a side note, I started playing this game 6 years ago and thought I would only play it until the next shiny came along. When I first started playing the game Diablo 1 was getting old and this one came along and it was like Diablo but on steroids. I thought I would play it for 6 months to a year.

Than the next DDO on steroids would come along like this did to Diablo 1. It has been over 6 years and I have tried other games but there hasn’t been a game breaker yet. There have been similar and some have better parts than DDO but nothing that is ground breaking better.

I’m still waiting, when one comes out I will leave this game just like I did Diablo and not look back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    That would indeed be nice! Right now I try to keep track using an Excel sheet
    How I yearn for that level of simplicity. I too use Excel -- just to keep track of the names and log in info for all of my F2P mules.

Thumbs down

The opinion here is that the game will be unplayable very soon to me, meaning i have no room for new items.
    And no, won't bother going forth and backwards trying to free some space so i can run 1 quest.
    And no, not gonna spend my money to get 1 more inventory tab on 1 effing character per 600 TP (about 6 euros) no thank you.

Make a solution for inventory cluttering now, or lose your playerbase Turbine.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

2014 DDO Players Council

Basic Shared Bank is wonderful. Further Shared Bank upgrades are minor; as long as you can roll another mule, bigger shared bank just lets you move things around a bit faster. And only those few things that are not bound.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Good luck with storing BtC items on your bank toons.
    This.

I will buy every character bank and character inventory upgrade they ever get around to selling me.

Every time I've TRed lately, I've had to vendor multiple bound items. I'm talking raid loot, (old-style) Epic items, perfect lootgen caster sticks, etc.. Because there simply isn't enough BTC space available.

Character inventory/bank is pure win, and becoming more and more needed with the dev decision to make almost everything under the sun bind-to-character(-on-equip, that is).

Community Member

I can live with what I have now but if they offered more shared bank space I would definitely get it. If they offered more character bank space I would probably get some of those too.

It's a convenience item and I really don't mind paying for a convenience item. And unlike augment bags I doubt anyone will be upset it either.

Unless there is lag caused for some people by doing so it makes complete sense for Turbine to do so. People can make as many ftp mule accounts as they want for storage so a lot of times those items are going to be on the server whether Turbine gets money for it or not. I have an account I created when I couldn't log into the forums and haven't created any toons on it yet, but those will be my next "shared bank" spaces.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Default Saving space

Why can't we have Spellcomponent pouches, Potion belts and scroll organizers. That would save up spaces for my caster characters.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Every life I do (every time against my better judgment) I have more BTC stuff. I seriously need more inventory space. Yes, I have three bank toons and fully upgraded shared bank - but it doesn't help with the real problem, all the stupid btc stuff we've been getting lately.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast