Community Member

Default Refugee from NWO - I need some questions answered please

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering, is it possible now to be able to solo up to level 20?

I would like to work on TRs and while I do like grouping with people, I hate having to be forced to do group quests to get there.

I have searched for solo guides to level 20 but have come up with no results.

Also, in the expansion that they are advertising now, what exactly do you get when you buy it? How many new zones are there, etc? The information on the portal is a bit vague.

Lastly, how is the population still? I played DDO for a couple years and of course left to try the new D&D game but it sucked and here I am again.

Thanks

Yes, you can solo from 1 to 20, and even to 25.

Most Quests have difficulties of Casual, Normal, Hard and Elite (These also translate to the Epic Level Content)

You have the ability to "hire" a NPC to quest with you, so you can be alone and still bring along a little support. There are two types: 1) standard hire - can be purchased with Platinum at various sites in DDO 2) Gold Seal - Purchased from the DDO store for TP

The main difference is that you can have only one standard hire, but you can have as many gold seal as you have party slots.

Restrictions are that they cannot be used in Raids.

As for the expansion, yes it is vague and many of us are still working out what it is that will be present. Currently there are 3 new quests. 2 of which anyone that can make it to eveningstar can run, and one that requires the pre-order to get into.

Population is still dependent on your time zone as some servers are better populated during specific time frames.

Community Member

Default Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellwitch View Post
    Hi everyone.

I was just wondering, is it possible now to be able to solo up to level 20?

I would like to work on TRs and while I do like grouping with people, I hate having to be forced to do group quests to get there.

Also, in the expansion that they are advertising now, what exactly do you get when you buy it? How many new zones are there, etc? The information on the portal is a bit vague.

Lastly, how is the population still? I played DDO for a couple years and of course left to try the new D&D game but it sucked and here I am again.

Thanks
    Yes you can level to 20 with no problems solo. On a second life you can solo to 20 as well, even without having packs, but it is much more complicated than first life. Third life you will have great difficulty leveling to 20, every level requires 200% more exp to level on third life, so to ease the pain you will want to get some packs. I also play solo for the most part as well, but I do group sometimes for some quests.

DDOWIKI will be your single best friend for the game, especially if you plan to play solo, any and basically all information you could ever want is there, dungeons, maps, TR guides, crafting guides etc. etc.

And welcome to the forums and welcome back to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Angry

Don't start ddo the population in game seems to be getting smaller and the staff dosent care about when the game breaks that hurt the palyers but will instantly close any break that helps players. The most common fix is to remove things from game. Like the whole token from servents of the overlord, instead of making it easy to get it from the chest.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

is it possible now to be able to solo up to level 20?
    It has always been possible to solo up to level 20. Really the question is not so much whether it is possible but whether you are capable of it. The answer to that really depends on you.

You won't find anything resembling the traditional generic MMO's leveling guides. DDO is a niche game that focuses on character creation. Leveling guides are typically limited to giving the quickest path and are generally focused on players who are reincarnating. For a first life character you can pretty much run anything you want. Just open the in-game compendium and pick a quest that is approximately your level.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

I'd spend a bit of time thinking on server choice. A server w/ an active PUG scene or a few solid guilds can really help your leveling in a pain-free way.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Things have changed a little game-rule wise since the MOTU expansion last year. Some character builds became a little nerfed. BUT they gave every toon 1 free LR, i used 1 just 2 days ago. If you decide you need to reset stats/skils/feats go to KRUZ in house J and check to see.
    Like you i solo a bit. I'm no uber player by far but i've just done my first 3rd life and it was'nt as hard as i thought it would be. I did'nt even need to do many lev 17-20 quests or even repeat many. I even managed to avoid the quests(again) i don't like or simply find too difficult.
    I had no problems soloing(with hire and without) Elite upto lev 12/13 quests and hard upto lev 17/20. Traps on elite kill often so you'll have to figure that out. I either park a hire (that can raise dead) if i die i run back for raise then wait and take it past the trap easy peasy. Avoid the quests with the worst of them. The other is to play a rogue-(very difficult to solo imho anyway) or Artificer-(very easy to solo even easier as a warforged).
    The main thing is it will be a lot slower than grouping or keeping up an elite streak. Window farming some of the high xp quests in a group can bump up your xp rather quicker.
    Now with xp tomes its easier
    Also with ship buffs the lower levels are silly easy.
    Most of all like NWO and all MMO's some classes are easier than others.

DDO now has a silly daily dice thing BUT its worth having your 1 Free Silver roll per day(Check number below ROLL is Zero before clicking). I've had loads of good things inc xp pots, raise cakes

Glad to see you back.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.