Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Maybe I'm wrong but based on how many people are online these days I'd say people are "speaking" in droves.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaze44 View Post
    I would guess VIP will go away in the future....

DDO will make more $$ going full F2P
    Only if they survived...which I doubt.

Let me be specific, Turbine is eroding customer trust. This trust is required for players to consider long term plans for their characters. Long term plans are important to the TR process. TRing is the current supported(and future) end game. Thus there is no end game and no middle and no early game without trust. How many wings do you see in the Harbor? I generally see quite a few.
    Last edited by Disgruntled175; 06-18-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I say bull and how would you know?

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

I don't see it. In fact not only are they having trouble accepting giving new content to vips for their sub costs they are on the verge of not accepting turbine points for purchasing new content. Cash for new content is becoming the new idea. That so many have banked points makes it unprofitable to put it for sale for points. At some point it becomes buyable for points, at least with the last one and probably this one. Probably the reason it doesn't at the same point become free to subscriptions is that would likely keep many vips from ever buying one with cash. Probably in the not too distant future new expansions will be cash only purchases. The problem I think with your assessment is that in between new content only store purchases and subscriptions bring in money at all and both vips and ftp/premium players make store purchases.

I think the most likely route that will be taken is to sell expansions for cash to all players and keep some players vip by creating content inside those expansions they recieve for their sub along with their other perks. I don't see an advantage in throwing away any monthly/trimonthly/yearly paying customers to try twisting money every month out of people who want to pay once and be done paying or just play for free.

Default Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    I think the most likely route that will be taken is to sell expansions for cash to all players and keep some players vip by creating content inside those expansions they recieve for their sub along with their other perks.
    Yes, that would be a start to making VIP worthwhile. If they (Turbine) is going to lie to us VIP's about getting new stuff free (as long as we are paying for VIP), then at least give extra perks (only) to VIP's inside the pricey expansions that we are supposed to be getting for free.

But, so far, that hasn't really occurred (at least in any manner that wasn't a joke) and I see nothing to indicate it will. Instead, on the first one, we paid "extra" - because half the supposed "perks" of buying the expansion, we already got for "free" (i.e, as part of our subscription rates). So, we were doubly ripped in that expansion. At least in the second, we didn't suffer that humiliation. However, we didn't get any perks at all - just doubly lied to without even an apology.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    They NEVER told us the expansion would be free to ViP.

NEVER.

In the ViP pricing plan they even told us that the exception would be expansions.

Your 'lied to' is made up.
    well, the VIP sub says they have access to all challenges including in the MOTU expansion. thing is, that expansion is separate from VIP. how does a VIP get to those challenges without paying for the expansion? clarification in the VIP sub needs re-work or the "lied to" will continue to be thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    well, the VIP sub says they have access to all challenges including in the MOTU expansion. thing is, that expansion is separate from VIP. how does a VIP get to those challenges without paying for the expansion? clarification in the VIP sub needs re-work or the "lied to" will continue to be thrown around.
    Huh? Just a little confused on your point here. Are you trying to say that you need to buy motu to get to estar? If so you don't all flagging quest to get to estar are f2p including beyond the rift.

Community Member

A couple points,
    you hardly notice that extra 10% xp. definitely not worth being VIP if you are looking for a little more xp. its like completing a side optional.
    Run with a non-VIP and the differance becomes glaringly obvious.

access to the classes and races is nice, but what about how it was impossible to get the favor to unlock Artificer when it first came out? it made it so everyone, including VIP, to have to buy the class. what made Artificer so much more special than Monk?
    Well one could wait for the favor to become available or Turbine could have chosen to delay the release of the class and made everyone wait. But what would the later have accomplished that the former didn't?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yehediah View Post
    Actions only speak louder than words when someone is listening.

Others have dropped VIP to buy content one at a time. They haven't listened.
    That's assuming they care which payment plan you choose. It's could just be that they are as content with either plan and don't see even f2p as a concern.

you hardly notice that extra 10% xp.
    I TR my characters on average once every two weeks. 10% xp on a 3rd-life TR (4.378M to cap) is 437,800 xp. On average getting ~1,000 per minute, that means I'm saving SEVEN HOURS off an ~38 hour TR process.

So claiming you "don't notice" 10% xp is like claiming that somebody wouldn't notice if they got Friday off WITH PAY every. single. week.

Good grief, why can't people do basic arithmetic. And they wonder why TR's ***** at them when they die stupidly and drain off 10% xp. Do it consistently and you've stolen seven hours from me. Even at minimum wage that's a not-inconsiderable sum of money. Depending on how much you play the time saved may be FAR in excess of the MOST EXPENSIVE VIP package.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 07-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Community Member

By going "Beyond the Rift" the same way my, then, F2P butt got to Eveningstar the first time. Could only run challenges with daily tokens there at the time, but getting there was not an issue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I TR my characters on average once every two weeks. 10% xp on a 3rd-life TR (4.378M to cap) is 437,800 xp. On average getting ~1,000 per minute, that means I'm saving SEVEN HOURS off an ~38 hour TR process.

So claiming you "don't notice" 10% xp is like claiming that somebody wouldn't notice if they got Friday off WITH PAY every. single. week.

Good grief, why can't people do basic arithmetic. And they wonder why TR's ***** at them when they die stupidly and drain off 10% xp. Do it consistently and you've stolen seven hours from me. Even at minimum wage that's a not-inconsiderable sum of money. Depending on how much you play the time saved may be FAR in excess of the MOST EXPENSIVE VIP package.
    Actually losing "10%" due to deaths accounts for a lot less as it's only 10% of base quest xp and would mean you could get no other bonuses, BB, ransack, persistence, etcetera, or any non-quest xp for it to account for 10% of your total xp. The VIP bonus is 10% of all xp so accounts for a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Huh? Just a little confused on your point here. Are you trying to say that you need to buy motu to get to estar? If so you don't all flagging quest to get to estar are f2p including beyond the rift.
    no, the point was how its interpreted if you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    A couple points,Run with a non-VIP and the differance becomes glaringly obvious.

Well one could wait for the favor to become available or Turbine could have chosen to delay the release of the class and made everyone wait. But what would the later have accomplished that the former didn't?
    I am VIP. I never noticed the extra boost in xp.

yeah, still don't notice it. its still very minor if you look at the amount you get with quest completion. of course, it depends on the quest because it varies, but its not like it makes or breaks me.

Community Member

I am VIP. I never noticed the extra boost in xp.
    I run with a VIP on our TR2's it's about 1/2 a rank/level that I have to make up on slayers when she isn't on.

no, the point was how its interpreted if you read it.
    no sorry still don't get what you mean. underlined portion below is what has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehediah View Post
    We long loyal VIP's are getting ripped again.
    One has to wonder why you're still a "long loyal VIP".
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Default Wrongly assume only one right way to play...

This is wrongly assuming there is only one right way to play. Farm the high XP quests and run only with really good TR groups so you can sprint straight to the finish line...

A good number of us tend to run all or most quests (without farming), taking more time to enjoy the quests and diversity, and even pick up noobs on some quests and show them the ropes. If you run most quests, you don't notice the 10% XP boost as you tend to cap before you run out of quests - even on a double TR (at lower levels).

And, as I've noted (and is conveniently ignored by the naysayers), you can get better than the 10% by buying store XP pots when they are on sale. So, this is to many of us, a minor perk.

And, I've also personally noticed that the farmers (rush to the finish line) crowd has a higher proportion of high school and college students - many of which have little to no money to spend on the game (and thus don't have the 10% bonus). We'd need a demographics study to prove the case (which is a bit unrealistic to do), but I'd venture to say a high percentage of those getting the 10% VIP don't consider that much of a perk (and many that won't ever pay do consider it a perk). That's not a win-win, but a lose-lose proposition from Turbine.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

I 100% disagree that most of the hard farmers/zergers are kids. I've seen the total complete opposite

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast