Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Yehediah View Post
    Well, geez... I never did make it my point either - and what thanks did I get for it? Turbine lies and then breaks more than they fix on patches and then have the nerve to insist I pay more for what they told me was going to be "free" because I already paid for it.

So, if this is the way it is - I'm either quitting the game altogether or complaining loudly. As of right now, I'm complaining loudly.
    As is totally your right to do. But we've had all this out with MotU and it's just going to regurgitate the same tired posts that we've already had.

If you don't want to buy it and play it, you don't have to. If you are seriously objecting to paying more money, then don't pay more money: cancel your sub for a few months, play as Premium with what you already have, save your money up, buy the expansion, then re-subscribe. Overall it's cost you nothing extra.

I'm a hair's breath from cancelling VIP and paying for all the stuff and saving tons of money.
    Actions speak louder than words.

If you want Turbine to hear you, then you might want to speak up, if you know what I mean.

Spending has become a lot more cautious now days. First came the classes like artificer, then came the content - calling it an expansion -vs- an update.

With no new raid, the new expansion looks less appealing than the last one, and the sale of bypass timers isn't going to hold it all together sans a new raid. How long after the return of many of the veterans before they all just bounce again on account of being able to have any loot they want 3 picoseconds after the expansion is released? Replay value folks. Where is it?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Well, as a European you pay about $19 a month if you take 60 days which is actually more than even modern games that still have to make up for their production cost charge. It is fine though, everyone gets to decide if they want to pay and for how long and how much it is worth to them.
    38$ to play through the content the game accumulated over the years is totally fine, could even take a guess of what I would get for my money as f2p before subscribing, only thing that does bother me are really the bugs.
    It is not as if you have to keep playing it after you run out of interesting new things to do, no need to p(l)ay on if you begin to feel ripped off.

To not make a new Thread about this I would have one question though: When do you usually get those VIP points ? I subscribed about a month ago and did not receive any as of now - or is that another Euro feature ?

Well I was really thinking of quiting since I hate the new fourms and I dont like the enhancement changes and while the last expansion seemed worth the price this one seems a little light for the cost. I have been VIP since day 1 and while I am not super happy with paying for this latest expansion, I have decided to remain VIP for one more year since its hard to get this much entertainment for less than 8.40 a month. I know many people say go premium its cheaper but with all that I have its not really cheaper unless I blow a bundle all at once. I feel what the OP says and I kind of agree but most games do charge for expansions even if you have a lifetime sub. It wouldnt be so bad if the expansion felt like an expansion instead of an update which this last expansioin feels like rather than an actually expansion.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Well I was really thinking of quiting since I hate the new fourms and I dont like the enhancement changes and while the last expansion seemed worth the price this one seems a little light for the cost. I have been VIP since day 1 and while I am not super happy with paying for this latest expansion, I have decided to remain VIP for one more year since its hard to get this much entertainment for less than 8.40 a month. I know many people say go premium its cheaper but with all that I have its not really cheaper unless I blow a bundle all at once. I feel what the OP says and I kind of agree but most games do charge for expansions even if you have a lifetime sub. It wouldnt be so bad if the expansion felt like an expansion instead of an update which this last expansioin feels like rather than an actually expansion.
    This is it. Motu was worthy of the name expansion. From the looks so far of shadowfell it's falling far far short of being worthy to be called an expansion rather than an update. There's just not a lot of meat to what's been told to us about this update.

My biggest beef with the new expansion is that, after all is said and done, all it is, is 2 quest packs stapled together, nothing more. At least MOTU came with stuff like Epic Destinies, this new expansion comes with.... iconic heroes.

For the record, I'm not a VIP, but I can totally understand those who still are, and feel ripped off by all of this. And 10 quests? That we get to grind until our eyeballs bleed for ~3Mxp or so? I hope they return the challenge xp back to the old levels at least.

Default Actions Speak Louder than Words?

Actions only speak louder than words when someone is listening.

Others have dropped VIP to buy content one at a time. They haven't listened.

So, it'll take a lot more to drop it for them to listen AND a lot of grumbling.

So, I'll keep grumbling UNTIL someone listens. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So, if we complain loud enough, it'll speak a lot louder than merely "quitting."

Clearly I don't mind paying for the game - BUT, ****** if you are getting money from me under the guise of me being a VIP, then I ought to be treated as a VIP instead of being treated like a sucker. And, frankly, it seems more like "sucker" than VIP.
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Actions only speak louder than words when someone is listening.

Others have dropped VIP to buy content one at a time. They haven't listened.

So, it'll take a lot more to drop it for them to listen AND a lot of grumbling.

So, I'll keep grumbling UNTIL someone listens. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So, if we complain loud enough, it'll speak a lot louder than merely "quitting."

Clearly I don't mind paying for the game - BUT, ****** if you are getting money from me under the guise of me being a VIP, then I ought to be treated as a VIP instead of being treated like a sucker. And, frankly, it seems more like "sucker" than VIP.
    You know, this all started when they proudly advertised that VIPs would get new content for free. That was the MAIN selling point. If I remember correctly, it was in big, bold letters.

And now, they act like they never said any such thing.

You can dump VIP, and you'd probably be right to do so. However, at one point or another when VIP is either gone or limited to a very small population, they'll come after premium players next. So all you are doing is delaying off the inevitable. Because this kind of nonsense doesn't just go away when the well runs dry. A junkie rarely goes sober when his supply dries up, or when he / she runs out of money to buy their junk.

So if you're a premium player, enjoy your fun while it lasts.

I'm a hair's breath from cancelling VIP and paying for all the stuff and saving tons of money.
    So do it. As you said the perks are simply not sufficient to justify your month fee. Complaining will never get you anywhere with Turbine in any reasonable time frame.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Default Sure it does!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Complaining will never get you anywhere with Turbine in any reasonable time frame.
    It makes me feel better!

I get to vent off all that pent-up frustration with a company that used to have this really cool game - until the loused it all up...
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

I was thinking about holding my breath in protest until they relent.

Who's with me?!?!?

Community Member

OP: Stay VIP!

I cancelled my subscription at the time of MotU to buy packs individually and I regret it now. The ability to change ED twists anywhere and the 10% XP alone makes me want to go back...

I love the game and support it by being vip. It just amazes me how much a few people gripe on the forums. Don't they realize no one wants to hear them complain like a small child does. $10 a month is nothing, definitely not worth complaining about having to buy expansion packs.
    Gwhyn Saige - heroic and epic completionist, loving the EK build
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-wizard-EK

Quote Originally Posted by Ghwyn View Post
    I love the game and support it by being vip. It just amazes me how much a few people gripe on the forums. Don't they realize no one wants to hear them complain like a small child does. $10 a month is nothing, definitely not worth complaining about having to buy expansion packs.
    You sir must be a paid corporate shill to express such an opinion!

Seriously though, I suppose it's a better way to vent frustration than kicking the dog or yelling at the kids... me I just prefer to drink. Speaking of, it's just about beer-thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathimon View Post
    OP: Stay VIP!

I cancelled my subscription at the time of MotU to buy packs individually and I regret it now. The ability to change ED twists anywhere and the 10% XP alone makes me want to go back...

I forgot about the ED twist thing. Yeah, I would miss that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    You sir must be a paid corporate shill to express such an opinion!
    One of the things I really enjoy about these forums is that, eventually, I get a chance to agree with just about everyone!

Default I'll gripe if I want to!

It just amazes me how much a few people gripe on the forums.
    It used to be a few that griped and I used to share such sentiment - for years. But, the direction over the past year or so has been appalling and it's, as a result, no longer just a few of us griping. Time for Turbine to wake up.

$10 a month is nothing, definitely not worth complaining about having to buy expansion packs.
    For years, I thought $10 a month was fine. To say it is nothing is pretty naively wealthy and condescending.

If Turbine wants me to complain less:

1) Treat VIP's as VIP's without condescending and continually decreasing the VIP value.
    2) Focus a whole lot more on fixing bugs and completing missing content (such as more prestige classes added into the enhancement system - forgotten ages ago, and upgrading crafting - forgotten and left unfinished).
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Since you asked, the reason I am still VIP is I get all this for dirt cheap price of $10/month:

500 free Turbine Points a month.
    Extra +10% XP. This bonus stacks with other sources of experience bonus.
    10 character slots per server (may purchase more)
    Access to the Druid and Monk Class.
    Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf and Half-Orc races.
    Access to all Adventure Packs (except expansion content)
    Enter quests directly on Hard/Elite without having to run prior difficulties
    Monster Manual
    Move +10% faster in public spaces! This movement speed boost stacks with all other movement boosts in public areas.

I didn't have a problem paying for the last expansion, it was well worth it as it felt like a brand new game in many respects. I don't know if I will feel the same about this expansion until I play it and see the new cities and explorer areas. But it's only $100, so what the heck.
    I erased a few of your things. Why? Because that is the point observed in the problem. Reduction in service, which you want to ignore and defend. Which also makes you the problem. Get it?

If not remember, I might just erase a few more after your comfortable with these...

Community Member

I would guess VIP will go away in the future....

DDO will make more $$ going full F2P

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast