Hybrid View

Founder

Default progression for twist points?

new to the epic destinies and looking for some advice on whether you think it's better to go for quantity or quality of twists.

I just got my 9th fate point, so I can either raise my first twist to tier 2 or add a second tier 1 twist. this character will primarily be focused on melee. he's a wolf form druid with maxed wisdom, so a combo melee / caster at the moment but will reincarnate into a more standard melee once I get a few levels into FoW and gather up some higher level gear.

so will probably have enough points for a least one more twist. his original life was a monk, so he started in Grandmaster (3), then progressed to Dreadnought (4), Shiradi (2). so will have 1 more in Shiradi and then move over to Fury for probably at least 3 or 4 levels before TR.

appreciate any pointers, suggestions on what worked best for others.

Community Member

What weapons do you use and are you pure or splashed?
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    What weapons do you use and are you pure or splashed?
    current life is a pure Druid, currently lvl 24. weapons don't matter as much for a wolf form melee but he carries a selection of weapons for the attributes that do carry through to wolf attacks.

haven't decided for sure which path he will take when I TR but will be two handed fighting, most likely axes. I have an epic hard chained soldier banked as a fall back, working on a green steel great axe and farming to build an Epic Antique but that's a long shot. also working towards a House C axe as an all purpose option

will depend on when I TR and how close we really are to the enhancement changes. but right now leaning towards playing with a Jug variant as my real life schedule means I run a lot solo, so having self heal capabilities is usually a must

I took multiple approaches myself.

On my Paladin I did lowest hanging Fruit - Doing 3 levels or 4 levels for Bridge EDs until I had accessed them all. Then went back to level all the 3s to 4s, and then all the 4s to 5s. In the meantime I switched to my primary destiny when the need arose.

For my Wizard I completed the Arcane sphere (3 EDs) to nearly MAX before I moved on towards SC. From there I'm getting the minimum needed to unlock Fate Points.

As far as twists go I feel that the answer is "depends". It is dependent on your ED that is active. There are a lot of nice Tier 1s that can be very useful and the tier 4s can be very deadly. Go with a building concept, Initially use twists to fill in holes, and as you gain the points use them to build upon your power. Basically think of ED twists more like interchangeable spells, don't just stick with one set, change them around based on the quest and roll you are going to fill.

Community Member

Ok, it sounds like you're not doing stunning fist or monk weapons. The reason I asked is that Dance of Flowers makes an outstanding twist but only if you're running handwraps in wolf form (basically works out to 8.5 extra damage a hit when you have wraps equipped). I would pick up Brace for Impact from Unyielding Sentinel. You'll have to take GMoF to level 4 to unlock it but it's WELL worth it (40% fort and +2 to all saves).

I'm using Stunning Fist and the wolf-form trip both so I pretty much have to twist in the +6 to all tactics from Dreadnaught. My typical twists are Dance of Flowers, Brace for Impact, and Legendary Tactics. I'd be hard pressed to give up Brace for Impact as I run quite a bit of EE's and crits really, really hurt there. As I mentioned, Legendary Tactics are pretty crucial if you want to be able to trip/stun either one. The only optional twist for me (other than in odd situations) is Dance of Flowers. If I switch to Dreadnaught then Tactics gets dropped for Cocoon (I'm normally in Primal Avatar, at least for now). If for some reason I run GMoF (I have this one set up with huge boosts to wisdom as my tactics setup) then I replace Dance of Flowers with Cocoon.

Given my philosophy getting to 1/1 and then 1/1/1 is far more important than upgrading the first twist. I just finished getting to 2/1/1 and I experimented with twisting Hail of Blows instead of Dance of Flowers. For you that would probably make a lot of sense but for me using wraps Dance of Flowers is just phenomenal. Not many other level 1 twists that add 8.5 average base damage to every hit!
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue