Community Member

Default best ed and twists for moncher

I have a moncher nearing 20. What are the best main destiny and twists. I've heard lots of noise about fury of the wild, but no explanations of why that's good. One would be great. This is probably obvious for a moncher, but I melee to get ki up and then mostly range, so I'd need something that works with that play style.

(I'm sure the answer to my question has been posted many times, but our new and improved forums *cough* won't let me find anything.)

Thanks,
    Catt

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

don't have a moncher but my guess:

slayer arrows + many shot/10k + adrenalin = zomg that's a big number, and their it goes again

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    don't have a moncher but my guess:

slayer arrows + many shot/10k + adrenalin = zomg that's a big number, and their it goes again
    Trouble with Adrenalin is that it isn't worth much until you max out the FoTW destiny. However, if you use Stunning Fist a lot, Sense Weakness is extremely nice (my monk archer melees a decent amount, and with a high Wisdom, Stunning Fist is effective). The +5/+5 STR/CON primal rage is good, and so is the Fast Healing... you can also get +2 wisdom when using the primal rage... So FoTW is okay..

Grandmaster of Flowers is good too... I'd recommend maxxing out both of those if possible. Shiradi too, long-term... All three of those are decent as primary destinies for an archer monk, and all have decent twists too.

Also, you're going to want some ranks in Legendary Dreadnaught... There's a +6 tactics DC and a 3 extra boosts (either of which can be twisted in with a level 1 twist slot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    I have a moncher nearing 20. What are the best main destiny and twists. I've heard lots of noise about fury of the wild, but no explanations of why that's good. One would be great. This is probably obvious for a moncher, but I melee to get ki up and then mostly range, so I'd need something that works with that play style.
    Fury of the wild is so good because of Fury shot (the combination of the epic moment and manyshot, look into the synergies for yourself)

Personally my monkcher is in Fury of the wild most of the time, I almost always have rejuvination cuccon twisted.

With other twists being changed in depending on situation : Shiradi - Stay good, stay frost, pin. LD - critical damage, extra action boost. Magister - unearthly reactions. Draconic - Energy Sheathe.

My personal favorite for burst dps though, is fury of the wild, critical damage, Extra Action boost, rejuv cuccon.

Community Member

In Fury, pin,whistler, brace for impact,cocoon,enlightement,grim precision are all good twists, depending on how much cc, boss dps, how much external hjealing you will get or want. Grim precision+extra action boost+magister dodge/reflex for citw for example.
    Grim precision might be much more valuable for elite Shroud, FoT, etc and epic elite quests bossess ( precision+black scale+grim precision 55-60% fort bypass is HUGE dps increase, difference between 200 dmg and 2.5k dmg arrow ), whistler, pin more valuable for trash control in EE Crucible, High Road for example ( in addition to imp deception+tendon slice, and pin/whistler work with imp precise shot too )

Max dread too for challenges, easy blitz-able quests, for quick hard solos and whatnot.
    Try to get as many fate points as possible for flexibility of course but fury is your primary destiny.
    Don't let the newbie rangers in shiradi fool you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post

(I'm sure the answer to my question has been posted many times, but our new and improved forums *cough* won't let me find anything.)

Thanks,
    Catt
    My ED/Twists are as follows:

Soloing EH/EN content for completion, or for challenges - Legendary Dreadnought with Rejuvenation Cocoon/Enlightenment/Whatever I feel like twisted (or, in harder challenges, Otto's Whistler/Pin/Rejuvenation Cocoon)
    Note: using LD is part of the reason my monkcher swapped from wraps to staves...if I need CC, I get plenty of that from whistler and pin, and my stunning fist was never good enough for EE GH.

Standard for EE questing - Fury of the Wild with Otto's Whistler/Pin/Rejuvenation Cocoon twisted

Raiding - Fury of the Wild with Grim Precision/Enlightenment/Rejuvenation Cocoon (or, if FoT and I have reaver duty, Energy Sheath: Electricity)

Feeling like using Shiradi - Shiradi Champion with Sense Weakness/Enlightenment/Rejuvenation Cocoon twisted
    Shiradi can be very good (and I use it occasionally for soloing EEs) as it is EXTREMELY good at keeping enemies helpless, and lets you go without using melee. In some content, this can be better than the burst damage of Fury.

This twist layout comes with the benefit of only needing 15 of the available 20 fate points, as well.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 06-04-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk