Default Are the Forum Devs angry with Google or Bing ?

I used to be able to use Google or even Bing to search for threads and not need to login in to the forum to even go to the page of the forum to read but now I have to have at least two tabs open one of them with me logged in and the other for the search engine and yet this is not a guarantee that I will still be able to search the forums for the info that I am searching for. I despise the old and new, as it is not much different, search of the forums as it rarely finds the forum posts remotely close to what i search for. This is a drawback in my eyes and one of the many reasons i spend more time in the forums when i want to look up issues and ideas for my characters.

One example is that I had heard of a few items and not able to find them on the wiki I would search the forums for them and find them with google and now I can't seems only that they want more people on the forums reading the countless posts that are titled near the same as their search when the forum search lists the titles first and not the content when filtering your results

sorry my moaning rant is over for the moment oO
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post
    I used to be able to use Google or even Bing to search for threads and not need to login in to the forum to even go to the page of the forum to read but now I have to have at least two tabs open one of them with me logged in and the other for the search engine and yet this is not a guarantee that I will still be able to search the forums for the info that I am searching for. I despise the old and new, as it is not much different, search of the forums as it rarely finds the forum posts remotely close to what i search for. This is a drawback in my eyes and one of the many reasons i spend more time in the forums when i want to look up issues and ideas for my characters.

One example is that I had heard of a few items and not able to find them on the wiki I would search the forums for them and find them with google and now I can't seems only that they want more people on the forums reading the countless posts that are titled near the same as their search when the forum search lists the titles first and not the content when filtering your results

sorry my moaning rant is over for the moment oO
    I'm sort of surprised by this and it is quite annoying. I really would think Google would have recrawled and reindexed the pages by now. Very strange situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I'm sort of surprised by this and it is quite annoying. I really would think Google would have recrawled and reindexed the pages by now. Very strange situation.
    As would I and I have not done a Bing search in awhile so it may have been fixed but I had a lot of the info bookmarked and it was invalid so before thinking i removed the bookmarks. But I think it is a 50/50 in a way to be honest. I mean the way I see it is that the forums have changed to a point to stop this type of searching forcing us to log onto the forums and use their search features that I despise with my whole being, never have liked any forum search to be honest. But yes you would think that Google would have its feelers out fixing this but seems that they are still getting the valid results or something that tells them they are still valid like that it does go to a 404 page that has login on the page that one needs a magnifying glass to see
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all