Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saying goodbye is so har...OOOH Neverwinter!

I've tried VERY hard to remain loyal to DDO, but when the last expansion STILL has SO MANY unfixed bugs (which I originally got banned for pointing out during the beta) and we are about to see ANOTHER expansion before the last one gets fixed, Turbine has made it impossible to do so.

There is another game where the Devs actually listen to the players, the game gets brought down AS ISSUES ARE REPORTED so they can be fixed as expeditiously as possible and ALL PROMISED CONTENT ARRIVES WHEN PROMISED!

I have removed the DDO software from my machine (as I don't see any future use for it) and am taking this opportunity to both say goodbye to the few friends I have made in the game and tell all the flamers to go flame themselves!

We've had to wait YEARS just to get BASIC PHB content and don't even get me started on the sorry attempts at a hybrid between edition 3.5 (which the game was SUPPOSED to be based on) and 4th edition (which was ONLY thrown in to ATTEMPT to compete with Neverwinter Online)!

I WISH I had nice things to say about the game or Turbine, but since the ORIGINAL beta for the pay to play version ALL I have experienced are MASSIVE headaches and an ever-growing lack of respect for both the game AND the company!

This "community" ONLY looks for the next person to put down so they can make themselves look more important in their own eyes and people like Cordovan make it next to impossible to have ANYTHING nice to say about Turbine.

On a positive note, people like Tolero and SqueakOfDoom have made my experiences here on the forums semi-pleasant as they have always been helpful, informative and understanding of the shortcomings of their colleague's communicative skills (or lack thereof)!

And to preemptively answer the inevitable "Can I Have your stuff?": It has already been divided amongst my guildmates on the servers so that they could benefit from my years of frustration with this game.

Have a good one guys, and if you decide to try out my new gaming home, I'm on all servers as Joalin, Artemis, Banshee, Crystal and Dazzler!

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild2013 View Post
    and don't even get me started on the sorry attempts at a hybrid between edition 3.5 (which the game was SUPPOSED to be based on) and 4th edition (which was ONLY thrown in to ATTEMPT to compete with Neverwinter Online)!!
    It's pretty clear to me that DDO was playtesting 4e stuff before the 4e stuff came out, and has just being moving more and more in that direction ever since. The move to 4e is because 4e is closer to a video game than 3.5 is and has nothing to do with NWO that wasn't even on the horizon when this move started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that DDO was playtesting 4e stuff before the 4e stuff came out, and has just being moving more and more in that direction ever since. The move to 4e is because 4e is closer to a video game than 3.5 is and has nothing to do with NWO that wasn't even on the horizon when this move started.
    Please, don’t ruin his sentimental need for closure with relevant facts.

Quote Originally Posted by AsburyParker View Post
    Please, don’t ruin his sentimental need for closure with relevant facts.
    Well I did manage to avoid asking why he paid to play a game for over 7 years if it was so unpleasant for him.

Community Member

I've tried VERY hard to remain loyal to DDO, but when the last expansion STILL has SO MANY unfixed bugs (which I originally got banned for pointing out during the beta) and we are about to see ANOTHER expansion before the last one gets fixed, Turbine has made it impossible to do so.

There is another game where the Devs actually listen to the players, the game gets brought down AS ISSUES ARE REPORTED so they can be fixed as expeditiously as possible and ALL PROMISED CONTENT ARRIVES WHEN PROMISED!

I have removed the DDO software from my machine (as I don't see any future use for it) and am taking this opportunity to both say goodbye to the few friends I have made in the game and tell all the flamers to go flame themselves!

We've had to wait YEARS just to get BASIC PHB content and don't even get me started on the sorry attempts at a hybrid between edition 3.5 (which the game was SUPPOSED to be based on) and 4th edition (which was ONLY thrown in to ATTEMPT to compete with Neverwinter Online)!

I WISH I had nice things to say about the game or Turbine, but since the ORIGINAL beta for the pay to play version ALL I have experienced are MASSIVE headaches and an ever-growing lack of respect for both the game AND the company!

This "community" ONLY looks for the next person to put down so they can make themselves look more important in their own eyes and people like Cordovan make it next to impossible to have ANYTHING nice to say about Turbine.

On a positive note, people like Tolero and SqueakOfDoom have made my experiences here on the forums semi-pleasant as they have always been helpful, informative and understanding of the shortcomings of their colleague's communicative skills (or lack thereof)!

And to preemptively answer the inevitable "Can I Have your stuff?": It has already been divided amongst my guildmates on the servers so that they could benefit from my years of frustration with this game.

Have a good one guys, and if you decide to try out my new gaming home, I'm on all servers as Joalin, Artemis, Banshee, Crystal and Dazzler!
    Good luck. 2 of my guildies left DDO for NWO and seem to be really enjoying it. I have been joining them a few times per week and like many aspects fo the game just as I enjoy many aspects of DDO. It seems to be a good fit for some but not for others.

Mindflayer seems to have a large # of ex-DDO players if that matters to you.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

I am not sure what the draw is to NWO. It plays like a WOW clone and has more bugs than I have ever seen in a game. The PVP is not even close to balanced, the PVE is not even balanced. Cannot customize the characters beyond cosmetics.

Just boring

But, I guess if you are into cookie cutter games that is great. Just do not see how anyone could be interested in such a travesty of a game that is supposed to be based on Dungeons and Dragons and leaves out the most important part of Dungeons and Dragons and that is character customization beyond what face features you have and what clothes you are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by arcmed View Post
    I am not sure what the draw is to NWO. It plays like a WOW clone and has more bugs than I have ever seen in a game. The PVP is not even close to balanced, the PVE is not even balanced. Cannot customize the characters beyond cosmetics.

Just boring

But, I guess if you are into cookie cutter games that is great. Just do not see how anyone could be interested in such a travesty of a game that is supposed to be based on Dungeons and Dragons and leaves out the most important part of Dungeons and Dragons and that is character customization beyond what face features you have and what clothes you are wearing.
    It has a plot that many of us have not played. That will be remedied soon though, and it'll be another slog.

It does have better dev interaction right now, that's for sure. Oh and a better cosmetic system, if that's what you like. Gateway is also nifty.

The other things - balance, etc. not so much. For me, it doesn't have the replay value. It does have some initial play-value that is stronger than current DDO replay value though.

Also mindflayer. And also, can-haz-DDO-stuff-plz?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arcmed View Post

Just boring

To be fair, it could be a good game, but until they get rid of the exploits and exploiters, you're seriously behind unless you utilize said exploits. And it's not like DDO exploits that effect one quest. It's exploits that effect the entire leveling process.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    It has a plot that many of us have not played. That will be remedied soon though, and it'll be another slog.

It does have better dev interaction right now, that's for sure. Oh and a better cosmetic system, if that's what you like. Gateway is also nifty.

The other things - balance, etc. not so much. For me, it doesn't have the replay value. It does have some initial play-value that is stronger than current DDO replay value though.

Also mindflayer. And also, can-haz-DDO-stuff-plz?
    I made it to 60 in a week, tried PVP over and over and was just like ***? Did Cleric, CW and the Rogue. Just did not see a point in the game to try the so called tank character and Melee dps.

You are right about replay value though, it does not have it. I have not played DDO much lately, basically just play when the dedicated group gets together once a week. So I am looking for something else to play and I will buy the expansion, mostly for the access to the Iconic Classes, 3 extra character slots and 2000 TP. Those are worth the $50 to me for a game I will keep playing at least 4x a month at about 4 hours each time.

NWO though, cannot get into that game beyond what I have done. It is a bigger cash grab than DDO as well. And I will not spend a dime to buy cosmetic stuff, that never appealed to me. It is too bad really, because I am looking for a good D&D game online as I cannot find a group locally that still plays pen and paper.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    To be fair, it could be a good game, but until they get rid of the exploits and exploiters, you're seriously behind unless you utilize said exploits. And it's not like DDO exploits that effect one quest. It's exploits that effect the entire leveling process.
    The only way they could save the game for me to play again would be to fix the balance issues with the classes in PVP. Give more control over character development and of course get rid of the exploits and exploiters.

OH and fix the clerics nerf to self healing. It is BS that I have to use more pots to keep myself up than the rest of the party combined.

Community Member

Several of my fellow guildies have tried NWO and they say it's "ok, if you like a dumbed-down D&D game". They didn't make it sound very appealing.

Community Member

Oh and another thing about NWO that needs to be changed ASAP to get me to play again. The loot system and the kicking of people mid PVP by the party leader.

I am sure there are others, but seriously the game is just way to crappy to get me to play past what I have at this time.

Community Member

DDO has its issues but it is just a better game. I found that Neverwinter was just a case of "Brain off, click, click, click until everything is dead, rinse, repeat."

Having said that I do wish that WB would help DDO reach its potential. The game definitely does need more love and attention than it seems to be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    DDO has its issues but it is just a better game. I found that Neverwinter was just a case of "Brain off, click, click, click until everything is dead, rinse, repeat."

Having said that I do wish that WB would help DDO reach its potential. The game definitely does need more love and attention than it seems to be getting.
    That's what I told my guildmates when I tried the first week of NWO.
    "DDO has polish. Neverwinter is neat- especially the Foundry, but overall DDO is better."- They were curious and left, only coming back when NWO servers went down.

Now they hear of the forum mess, additional bugs (which were foretold from Lamannia), and now this blatant money-grab by calling 2 Adventure packs "an expansion"- and they LAUGH.

DDO is a better game. BUT- NWO (currently) listens to it's players and tries their best to make adjustments. There is a LOT to be said for that.

The only time the 1% Turbine fanboi in me comes out is the when the Neverwinter tards start posting.

The game is a retarded joke, if it's your preferance get the heck out and don't let the door slam into you as you leave.

This was the funniest part of your whole routine. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The only time the 1% Turbine fanboi in me comes out is the when the Neverwinter tards start posting.

The game is a retarded joke, if it's your preferance get the heck out and don't let the door slam into you as you leave.

Neverwintard?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Neverwintard?
    /win. I think we have the new designation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Having played NWO a good bit, it doesn't fit into the same category as DDO...but then again, if DDO keeps going the way it is, it won't either (expansion + enhancement pass are likely to cause this).

If nothing else, there's one thing that NWO does really well that DDO could pick up on - there's actual lines of communication, where you can really get questions answered and such, on the forums between players and devs.

DDO is still my favorite MMO primarily for the active playstyle (actually moving and attacking) and character building options, though...just hoping these options don't get to marginalized in the near future (and it doesn't help that the item design decisions make me go "*** are you thinking" (item that blinds you for 1 second 10% of the time with no way to stop it, for example) on top of things like an adventure pack ADVERTISING AN EXPANSION that has NO EPIC OPTION).

Edit: Also doesn't help with things like getting logged out twice just trying to post this post + correct some issues with my typing of this post.

Edit 2: Personally, what's kept me busy (as I haven't felt like playing DDO in a while, because it's a bit disappointing to me post-u18) is Borderlands 2 - went on a nice sale on Steam. Sirens are fun to play, especially once you get to where your Phaselock applies elemental conditions to EVERYONE.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 05-27-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Ha ha just tried to log in to neverwinter and couldnt get in. They have alot of the same ****.going on we do and its a worse game
    I agree the stuff turbine is doing right now is crazy but i hope they can make some fixes to get back on the right track. It is weird tho. I have playex everyday for almost 4 years and usually look forward to logging i. Bit recently have logged in and found nothing to do. My casters are borked because of wail and spell power mess. End game is kind of blah with only 2 raids that arent even being run much and enhancements and expamsion that can ruin many builds on horizon tring is out of question. Hell forums arent even that fun anymore. Things are looking bleak for a game that i really like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast