Community Member

Default Protect Baudry's interests

I found this in known issues:
    NEW: The quest "Protect Baudry’s Interests" is temporarily unavailable due to a kobold infestation the likes of which is too much even for kobold exterminators!

but that quest was ok, i did it solo as wizard and im not that kind of uber munchkin class builder (dying in quest is my second name ), but please dont reduce kobolds. or can we get some really kobold infested quest? but realy realy infested? maybe mid level. something realy challenging, like party goes to good old sewer and is ambushed by hundreds of kobolds and if they dont stop them, harbor will be eaten i love harbor sewers and kobold slayer quest there but its not....it need some spice, real infestation, something like epic version of kobold defend (that one is realy good and chalenging for low level)

just my opinion

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Someone who is honest!!

I love the line "Dying in quest is my second name."

I would play with you on any server anytime because you have the right attitude.

One of my goals is to not die and not bind my character to a tavern. The furthest I made it before I died was 11th level, and back to Korthos I went. Which was a shock to me as I was in a pug and I needed to get back fast. I was laughing on my end of the keyboard.

I did not know Baudry's was open. I never saw an announcement it was open and I have not tried to get in since it was closed.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

It was still closed when I tried it to see yesterday, someone told me that it would be reopened with U18, I think they were on some form of 'medication'. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post

I would play with you on any server anytime because you have the right attitude.
    You are welcome anytime to join us for we are many on agro have I guild Draugrheim, or just send me post to Khaamul

dying isnt my goal, but if i do, i dont care. (of course I'm *****ing like..like a gamer ). we also love to fulfill all optionals and bonuses, if it is possible. so usualy we dont do diarrhea-like runing to end.

this quest chain is closed few months, i was playing it in march? it was 3 quests, and this one was protecting a box from kobolds. but Im wonder if it is closed just this one or also then other lvl11 quest, coz they share quest entrance, and that second is needed to get access to restless isles if Im not wrong, must test it this week.

for those that enjoy playing not to die, please feel free to join PD halls of Valhalla on Ghallanda, it is our main motto to complete quests without any death!

As an update: Hide in Plain Sight is open and available as a quest.

As far as baudry's goes, this quest is still closed and they claimed it was because this quest was causing major lag issues, my opinion is that they closed it because premium and free to play players were using this chain as part of their 100 favor runs for 25 DDO store points.

I know in under 30 minutes you could acquire 100 favor and I have helped free to play guys do an evening of favor runs for ddo store points. I do this every so often when turbine ****es me off with something like closing quests for no reason at all, or nerfing things that didnt need to be nerfed, or coming up with some cash grab concept(ie. throwing lots of gems into the game hoping people will buy gem bags). If they are going to keep trying to find cheap and annoying ways to try and get people to spend money, I will continue to spend time with new players to educate them and help them get things for free without giving turbine money! I understand this is counter productive to the game ultimately, but for crying out loud turbine stop waisting your resources on cheap and pathetic ways to try and grab cash, make useful and entertaining content and experiences(THATS HOW TO MAKE MONEY).

Community Member

Thinking Turbine closed the quest because it would be part of 100-favor-runs sounds, with all due respect, quite paranoid. It is easy enough to aquire 100 favor even without this quest-chain. It just takes a little longer at the moment. Surely having that quest closed will not keep anyone from getting 100 favor. Turbine would have plenty of other steps to stop anyone from easily getting 100 favor, the simplest being a reductions in overall favor for each quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kafrielveddicus View Post

As far as baudry's goes, this quest is still closed and they claimed it was because this quest was causing major lag issues, my opinion is that they closed it because premium and free to play players were using this chain as part of their 100 favor runs for 25 DDO store points.

As a F2P that has acquired all Eberron content mostly through 100 favour zergs, I can safely say that Baudry's is not in the 100 favour run.

Anyway, I really hate it that they haven't fixed it yet. Was going to run everything on elite at level on my main's current life, so hate seeing 3 quests not completed in my compendium .

Community Member

First off...'kobold exterminators' is disquieting. Kobolds, while evil, are still sentient beings...the idea that people make a career of exterminating them (not just killing ones that attack you) is a little unsettling

Second, there's Kobold Assault, which is about the closest you get to a "kobold infestation" quest. Killing 200+ kobolds in a 15 min timespan is a lot of dead lizards. You also can kill them in Butcher's Path pretty quick too, I think like 80 in 5 mins.

As far as I know, the quest is closed because kobold scripting in it has been one of (many) causes of lag, that they've been able to identify.*
    By the sound of it, it doesn't look like a trivial matter to fix and test. Its fix may also have (had) far reaching unforeseen consequences.
    The quest's been closed for a loooong time, but comparing it to other known issues, this does not surprise me.

[*] Quote can be found on the old forums. Good luck with that.