Community Member

Question Capping Epic Destinies

I apologize if this is already somewhere. Thirty minutes of searching didn't turn up any answers.

So my wizard is 44k xp from capping Magister. I have my 24 points spent. I have my level 5 passive ability. As far as I can tell, I've gotten everything the ED has to give me. Is there any reason that I should earn the remaining 44k xp? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage2k View Post
    I apologize if this is already somewhere. Thirty minutes of searching didn't turn up any answers.

So my wizard is 44k xp from capping Magister. I have my 24 points spent. I have my level 5 passive ability. As far as I can tell, I've gotten everything the ED has to give me. Is there any reason that I should earn the remaining 44k xp? What am I missing?
    CAP THAT DESTINY!!!
    You may not see it now, but that 44k will eat away at you for years, until you finally finish it.
    Go young Padawan. Let the OCD fill you, and may you finish that destiny.
    (Seriously though, aside from said OCD urges that I personally have, and seeing a nice, full bar, it gives nothing of any use.)

Actually, there is a really good reason to not only cap the destiny of your particular class, but to cap all your destiny's.....that reason is for "fate points".

These provide you with twists of fate and allow you to use additional abilities along with all your magister abilities. Currently there are 18 fate points available for free by maxing all your ED's.....and you can get 2 more with a +2 tome of fate

Anyhow that's my 2 cents....

No, there is no reason. You won't get any new destiny or fate points for the very last destiny rank.
    MadFloyd said he liked the idea of capped destiny counting as level 6 (meaning that it would count towards fate points), but the last I've heard about that was now a year ago.

After re-reading the wiki......I stand corrected and apologize for the incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by 9rileystep View Post
    Actually, there is a really good reason to not only cap the destiny of your particular class, but to cap all your destiny's.....that reason is for "fate points".

These provide you with twists of fate and allow you to use additional abilities along with all your magister abilities. Currently there are 18 fate points available for free by maxing all your ED's.....and you can get 2 more with a +2 tome of fate

Anyhow that's my 2 cents....
    /no. He's already got the highest level.
    He has 24 (max) points in the destiny, and all 5 levels (for fate points)
    So, it's PURELY for OCD (in my case) or a joy of completing a task. (or the joy of seeing a full bar)

Community Member

Yes, there is a good reason for capping epic destinies as you need a certain number of epic destiny feat points (1 for each capped destiny) to allow your character to buy certain epic destiny feats. For example if you want Holy Strike you need to cap an Epic Destiny in the divine sphere. Trust me having a feat slot and only toughness to put into it sucks.