Default The Borg are coming in the form of DDO

I happen to notice yesterday when confronting the matron in house of rusted blades, that my monk's handwraps that did any type of effect or damage with every hit suddenly stop working after so may attacks. Only the critical effects would trigger correctly, acting as though the enemy was adapting like the borg. While it would occur with regular trash mobs I didn't think much of it, till I happen to run jungles of Khyber. When fighting the Inevitable it did exactly the same thing, work for a bit than not WAI. While switching between handwraps constantly would sometimes solve the issue, stressing sometimes because running the same scenario over and over there were times even that didn't fix the issue. I am wondering if this is something I can come to expect with any and all Red name enemies, or if it is just a simple fluke with but a few!!!

Haven't run into that trouble at all, might just be a bug that only occurs with a few people.

Community Member

I have this happen to me but only if I have a prefix without the burst matching my TOD ring.

So if I have a holy burst TOD ring and holy on the wraps, I only get one of the effects sometimes and other times both. Not sure if it's working as intended or not - but I doubt it because it's not consistent. I thought holy burst and holy would work together but not holy burst and another holy burst. I solved this problem by just never using a holy weapon.

I can duplicate this problem at will.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Handwraps can sometimes "lose" their magical effects if you constantly have the effect "Summer Smoke" from the Primal Avatar applied and removed from you. As you said, switching your handwraps on and off fixes the issue, or you could ask whoever has Summer Smoke to kindly turn it off.

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySFX View Post
    Handwraps can sometimes "lose" their magical effects if you constantly have the effect "Summer Smoke" from the Primal Avatar applied and removed from you. As you said, switching your handwraps on and off fixes the issue, or you could ask whoever has Summer Smoke to kindly turn it off.
    I have also had this problem with the tier 2 Fury of the Wild ability Injury. Losing the Injury effect through healing also stripped the magical handwrap properties. Bug reported and commented in the forums but I haven't seen any other acknowledgement. I wouldn't be at all surprised if various other situational properties are affected in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungazoid View Post
    I have also had this problem with the tier 2 Fury of the Wild ability Injury. Losing the Injury effect through healing also stripped the magical handwrap properties. Bug reported and commented in the forums but I haven't seen any other acknowledgement. I wouldn't be at all surprised if various other situational properties are affected in this way.
    That could very well be the problem because that is exactly the same destiny, and also one of the abilities that currently is in use and also doesn't work all the time.

The build of this toon is a 18/2 monk/fighter (dark ninja spy)
    Active destiny is Fury of the wild
    Gear currently in use
    Drow smoke goggles
    Spider-spun caparison
    Teraza's perfect sight
    Bracers of the sun soul
    Seal of house dun'robar
    Epic spiked boots
    Epic brawling gloves
    Ring of the stormreaver prophecy
    Epic spare hand
    Jeweled cloak
    Greater nimble trinket
    Epic jorgundal's collar

I'm guessing it could be a simple bug with that particular destiny, and I will have to see if the problem remains while in a different one!!!

Sometimes my wild shots from shiradi stops working too, and the only way I can fix it is by relogging. I'm not sure if it's related in any other way, but I just thought I would put it out there too.

I have confirmed that the bug is related to Fury of the Wild's injury ability is the culprit to the handwrap dilemma. Once this ability has been removed there was no further issues involved!!!

Also happens with any type of rage ( primal scream, spell and so on )
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.