Lightbulb Spinner cannot be completed post U18?

Hey all.

I'm quite happy with many of the changes in U18 > the cosmetic slots, the new crafting upgrades available, ...

Very surprised, however, that the Spinner of Shadows bug that makes the quest unfinishable (queen bugs out, and runs around map becoming noninteractable) went live. I believe that the quest should at least have been shut down until further notice considering that many ppl don't read forums and many frustrated gamers prolly logged off frustrated tonight. This bug was reported on beta testing at least a week ago.

We ran on it on heroic elite max lvl 18 three times and encountered the same bug. I understand about submitting bugs, don't post on forums, blah blah blah. Would like to submit a forum thread however, to ensure that all departments of Turbine are aware of this oversight, and hopefully something can be done in the future-- like how Baudry's has been closed for such a long time due to overhaul.
    -Thelanis toons- Alektronic (pdk pally), Bakeneko (monk), Ghyldra (druid), Hermeros (crafter), Lecker (wf wiz),
    Panaceus (elemental barb), Quallus (SDK), Taigong (acrobat), Vamprix (archmage of vengeance), Vercigetorix (bard)

Quote Originally Posted by Alektronic View Post
    Hey all.

I'm quite happy with many of the changes in U18 > the cosmetic slots, the new crafting upgrades available, ...

Very surprised, however, that the Spinner of Shadows bug that makes the quest unfinishable (queen bugs out, and runs around map becoming noninteractable) went live. I believe that the quest should at least have been shut down until further notice considering that many ppl don't read forums and many frustrated gamers prolly logged off frustrated tonight. This bug was reported on beta testing at least a week ago.

We ran on it on heroic elite max lvl 18 three times and encountered the same bug. I understand about submitting bugs, don't post on forums, blah blah blah. Would like to submit a forum thread however, to ensure that all departments of Turbine are aware of this oversight, and hopefully something can be done in the future-- like how Baudry's has been closed for such a long time due to overhaul.

LoL don't fall for Baudry's being closed for the reason given. Think outside the box and think long and hard what would prompt it to be closed this long. Yes, you figured it out. A game changing bug/exploit that they can't as of since it's closing fix.

But yeah, that spinner of shadows thing should have been caught, but I'm sure a dev will state how the lamaland build is different then the live build and this problem wasn't happening during there testing and such. In other words be patient padawan and it will get fixed *soon

Community Member

Had it bug out twice on me too.

Annoying, since that is the only quest epic shards for that chain drop from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Had it bug out twice on me too.

Annoying, since that is the only quest epic shards for that chain drop from now.
    Since dev tracker broke, find a cordovan post and view his posts from yesterday, he said it was a known issue. I forgot to mention it my first post above. He said it had something to do with damaging the spinner too much too fast or something. But i guess if u do damage slower it's beatable right now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Since dev tracker broke, find a cordovan post and view his posts from yesterday, he said it was a known issue. I forgot to mention it my first post above. He said it had something to do with damaging the spinner too much too fast or something. But i guess if u do damage slower it's beatable right now.
    So, turn off power attack and break out the silver flame club then? Because I was soloing it on a not so uber maul fighter using a not so uber maul in a very poor destiny for the build (EA level1) and no damage twists.

That damage thingie is more a rule of a thumb. I ran it yesterday, fully aware of the bug. W have supposedly killed all the trash each time before hitting the spinner just enough, yet she still bugged out. No GM response after a good 20 minutes, so we quit.

Guess after ransacking LoD every week for the past 3/4 of a year, I'll have to wait for my shard even longer.
    This seems appropriate.

Community Member

Eh i don't buy the damage thing, i did her the first time yesterday on my meh geared paladin solo. She can't even spell dps right.
    Luckily a GM answered my ticket fairly quickly and reset her so i could finish the fight.
    So meh for the bug but props for the quick GM response.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Eh i don't buy the damage thing, i did her the first time yesterday on my meh geared paladin solo. She can't even spell dps right.
    In my case, my L15 paladin was using nothing but the silver flame throwing things... along with the new owlbear companion. It took about somewhere around ten seconds to go through her life bar.

Whoops?

Don't know if it works on epic, but I was able to complete heroic today after someone suggested we not light any of the wards until we had enough to light them all.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Our first run tonight on EH was a fail with Spinner running around with a web string hanging our her .... rear section?

So we recalled, went back in and did again without incident.

We told people only to attack her in the silver flame, and to let spiders spawn when they were due to, basically just a lot more cautious approach to it.

But I totally agree that it needs fixed regardless of whatever stupid workarounds we need to do. Last I heard they're working on it. I'm not convinced our different approach made any difference or if it was just blind luck.

Hopefully they're working on Baudry's too.

And End of the Road.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-26-2013 at 06:01 PM.

see i completed it on heroic the other day but attacking her in and out of the silver flame. the difference we did was not Light any of the torches until we had every piece of it. then just do it all at once. it worked with no issues. so maybe that is what people need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggr View Post
    Don't know if it works on epic, but I was able to complete heroic today after someone suggested we not light any of the wards until we had enough to light them all.
    We tried that but the Spinner bugged out after only 30 spiders spawned. We tried to let her be damaged only by the flame DOT effect, nothing. She bugged every time on casual/normal/hard/elite. We tried to hit her with low dps away from the light... nothing. We tried to lure her into selected parts of the quest... nothing. I'm starting to suspect the bug being completely random.

Community Member

Spinner bugged out on me 3 times on Normal last night, each time after picking up exactly 20 ward crystals.

Read some on the forums and basically tried several suggestions at once, which amazingly worked:
    - ran it on casual, solo
    - parked my hire in passive mode way back by the entrance to the spinner area
    - only hit spinner with the silver flame things
    - did not light any pyres, just collected from spiders

Once the fire reavers spawned I saw there were enough spiders up to get all of the remaining ward crystals that I needed so I called my hire and just focused on the spiders.

This is a silly bug, hopefully it is fixed faster than baudry's, that quest has been closed for months without any indication of the nature of the problem with it.

Also long time player here, but for a new player that just read the promo info for the expansion and bought it, you really got a bait and switch. Everything about the expansion promised being able to jump into the new level 15 quests with your new level 15 Iconic Pally which is not only not true, but it would be difficult even to unlock access to Eveningstar just getting started given this bug. Even accessing the new forums has been a problem for lots of players (new forums requires address info to be filled in, but no indication that you need to do that in the UI, nor any info on the forums talking about it).

I had heard that she could bug out, but wanting to flag my Bladeforge for Eveningstar I decided to run it on Heroic Normal Solo.

I cleared spiders and trash on each side and only proceeded to fight the Spinner when no flame eaters were present. After clearing each side I lite the torches with what I had, approximately 2 per each spawn section.

I was able to complete. Mind you one heroic character probably doesn't do anywhere near the burst damage they are talking about and I didn't run into any issues of missed lit torches.

So I would say it is able to be completed, but it is going to be very tedious at times.