Default artificer level 12 feats

So at level 12 I only get a class feat not a normal feat with the class feat from artificer? If so screw the class feat I want to chose from my normal feat list.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarence View Post
    So at level 12 I only get a class feat not a normal feat with the class feat from artificer? If so screw the class feat I want to chose from my normal feat list.
    If you can't choose a standard feat at character level 12, that would be a pretty nasty bug. Perhaps a few more details about what feat you're trying to take, your character level, class level, etc. could help troubleshoot your issue.

If however you're saying that at artificer level 12, you are only seeing the artificer feats to choose from then that is working as intended. You are granted a free feat, but must choose it from a small subset of feats. That is by design, even if it's not ideal for your build.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

If you're a pure arti, then you should get two feat selections at L12...but class bonus feats are always restricted to a subset of feats, for every class that gets bonus feats. If you're not a pure arti, then you get a regular feat at char lvl 12 and a bonus feat at arti lvl 12. Plan accordingly.

Also, incidentally, Fred has trouble sometimes switching out class feats.

I am actually level 14 2 monk lives and just grabbed my 12th arti level. I am trying to figure out if I actually got my regular feat at 12 which I do not remember getting. So I thought maybe at my level 12 arti I would get it but I didn't just my class feat.
    Last edited by Scarence; 05-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.

At character level 12 you would get a Full Feat List (3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18)

At Artificer level 12 you would get a Subset of Artificer Bonus Feats (4, 8, 12, 16 and 20)

Because these lists are a subset it is best to plan on taking those feats that are in that list during those levels. This is why planning is so important on these builds.

Fighters, Monks and Wizards also have these condensed Feat lists.

I am actually level 14 2 monk lives and just grabbed my 12th arti level. I am trying to figure out if I actually got my regular feat at 12 which I do not remember getting. So I thought maybe at my level 12 arti I would get it but I didn't just my class feat.
    A fast way to figure that out is Go see Fred. Just have a talk with him, it will show what level you took a specific feat. Keep in mind feats like Toughness which stack you will only see the most recent instance, or Feats like Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus you will only see the last one in the chain.

Community Member

If you list all your current feats we can take out the auto-grants and figure out if they add up to the proper number of slots.

Community Member

agh premature post, and cant edit...anyway...

As a 2 Monk/12 Arti, you should have 5 regular feats (Char Lvl 1, 3, 6, 9, 12), 2 Monk Martial Arts Feats (Monk Lvl 1, 2), and 3 Arti bonus feats (Arti Lvl 4, 8, 12), so 10 non-autogrant feats. Keep in mind Rapid Reload is an Arti autogrant, though its normally a selectable feat.