Default I have to sign in twice

This has been going on for several months now, and I'm finding it quite frustrating.

I play on a laptop, so at night I hibernate the laptop. Every time I want to play DDO, I have to log in twice.

The first time, I sign in, choose the server, and then my character appears - but the subtle clue here is that my Drow mask is not visible on her. When I see the mask on her face - I know it's working OK. But at this point, all I can do is log in, and let the game load. But what ultimately happens at this point is that I hover just above the landscape, have a red connection icon, and get 0.00 bytes recv'd from the game servers. I abort the game, and then try the process all over again.

On the 2nd attempt, it works just fine - my character appears with her drow mask on, and I know I'm now communicating with the server. I've been doing this for quite some time now. On the first step, if I try to shortcut the process - exit at the character selection screen, for example, it doesn't seen to start up some kind of process, which is apparently what I need in order to make it work correctly.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

ya I have it too, hope there's a fix for it cuz this is an epic game
    Last edited by Scoutofddland; 12-20-2013 at 12:11 AM.

I have two laptops at home. One needs a double load, one doesnt. Both run windows7/64. The one that needs the double has a better processor, but less ram, no fancy videocard and a slower hdd

Meaning its possible to fix it with hardware. Should you have to?....no. But you can

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

This problem is solved for most people with the 'ddo preloader' a user here made and posted. The link is somewhere to the forums, and it has solved my issue with the dual logins completely, and I"ve been using it for a coupla months now, no problems.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    This problem is solved for most people with the 'ddo preloader' a user here made and posted. The link is somewhere to the forums...

It can be found in this thread.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    It can be found in this thread.
    You're awesome! My search fu is awful, I confess it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Thanks Santa!!

OOmmgg I was so annoyed I wasted 2 hours other day so I raged here and finally I can get back on. Thank-you for posting the fix because I didn't want to bother the technical department because I wasn't sure if it was really a tech issue or I ****ed off some mod in the game cuz occassionaly one is raging in the game chat over something I said cuz some player named Acidx was pm'ing other day and said it's weird that I put 4 names of quests I wanted to do in my lfm instead of picking a quest and he kept pm'ing me so I said it in gen chat so people knew and then next day I couldn't log on so I had lots of theories why I suddenly couldn't play hehe.

Great game and sorry for the rant but tech problems make me rage.

Happy holidays!!