Community Member

Default Are there DMs 24/7?

Serious question. I am happy to wait if I know they will arrive eventually, but maybe there just are not any on on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Serious question. I am happy to wait if I know they will arrive eventually, but maybe there just are not any on on the weekend?
    There are but probably short staffed for the memorial day weekend.

I waited about 1.5 hours yesterday for a gm to help me with a bugged coalesce chamber.

Was watching game of thrones the whole time so didn't care. And, it's a holiday weekend.... so the skeleton crew probably overworked. Also, 11 pm in Cali is around 2 am East coast so... expected a slower response.

If you have patience, they will come.

GM took care of it well.

Community Member

45 mins and we got one who completed Spinners for us (no chests etc tho). Advised us not to run it again

There are actually 2 levels of GMs.

GM - the one most everyone gets when they submit an ingame issue. To which most of those GMs say, "yah, we know. We can't do anything. Check the DDO forums." blah blah blah.

One example of a GM working with me to figure out the problem was that we had not been getting any slayer counts in the Orchard and we could not figure out why. As it turned out, the Panther somebody had out nixed any Slayer counts. Something I totally forgot about (lvl) and something nobody else knew. SO in that case, the GM was a great resource.

SGM - those are the ones who a GM will refer a more difficult ticket to, say...a failed name change request. Or some other 'weird' type of issue that isn't in their list of items they can help with. SGMs usually work a ticket or know a bit more about what is going on.

In either case, they each may ask you to submit a ticket via the website for additional help if the issue you are having is an 'ingame' issue or an 'out of game' issue the other support staff would handle...like an account issue for example.

We had a SGM help with a quest we were in where the Boss didn't appear. The GM couldn't help, but the SGM did something to get the boss to appear... we could complete the quest. That was helpful.

What irks me are the GMs who ninja respond to a ticket and don't send you a /tell letting you know they have or are looking at it. They simply close your ticket and move on. That actually really ****es me off. DDO wants us to take the time to submit a bug or problem/support issue... they could at least have the courtesy to /tell us back about it. Instead, I see a green dot on my track ticket status..wonder what the heck is going on cuz I have been online all this time...only to see a response "yeah, that is a known issue" and that it is closed.

As for 24/7, I doubt it. But, that is a good answer that Tolero or Cordovan could shed some light on. And if not 24/7, let us know the hours/days we can expect GM/SGM support ingame.

Just saying...
    Last edited by THAC0; 05-26-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default I quit bothering with GMs years ago

If you ask me, Turbine pretty much wants to provide zero level of customer service to the players.

I quit waiting for a GM years ago when we would submit tickets and wait and wait then people dropped group, then you waited.

I would love to see the statistic on how many tickets were actually dropped because there was no GM response.

I just rerun the quest. I get more loot, more optional experience, and my blood pressure remains stable.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

I would not have waited but I needed the flag to get into Eveningstar. It seems that only a GM can complete this quest atm

Quote Originally Posted by THAC0 View Post

What irks me are the GMs who ninja respond to a ticket and don't send you a /tell letting you know they have or are looking at it. They simply close your ticket and move on. That actually really ****es me off.
    I'd say you had bad luck... except that I've experienced this myself.

Albeit, I know why the gm did it.

A bugged EE stay at inn. We waited about 1 hour before a gm notice said; my ticket was closed because the gm was helping another member of my party and gave a "random guy's name".

The problem is... that guy he said he was helping wasn't in our party. It was probably another ticket they were working on that had the same issue with EE stay at inn. (my guess)

So.... our party's ticket was closed because a GM mistook our ticket with another party's ticket. Our party then becomes screwed with no GM help.

Hehe... but stuff happens. Oh wells.

Could be... but it wasn't the first time I've had that happen.

/shrug

Community Member

I had nothing but good experiences with the GMs.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).