Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    934

    Default nicked weapons worth saving?

    at one point, I thought they were going to have a way to upgrade the nicked weapons found in the market place quests, similar to what they did with the Sentinels items. but don't see where anything came of that.

    trying to clean up some storage space and I collected at least 1 of each of the nicked items. any reason to hang on to those?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    they are totally worthless. especially if you can craft

  3. #3
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    they are totally worthless. especially if you can craft
    thank you, that's what I thought. when they first came out, they were an ok lvl 2 weapon but most random loot today or crafted items are going to beat them.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    For loot-gen or crafted, I would think the best you can do for a min level 2 weapon these days is elemental touch which is only +1 dmg.
    Master crafted screaming of bleed is what I was using the last few go-rounds.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  6. #6
    Community Member Therigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,316

    Default

    From time to time the nicked weapons are useful on low level characters. Some people (me for one) don't like to craft. Some of us don't find random loot generated weapons to use on low level builds.

    For those situations the nicked weapons can be useful for a time.

    However, mostly they end up just being vendor trash like 99% of the other named and unnamed loot in the game.

  7. #7
    Community Member Toro12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    at one point, I thought they were going to have a way to upgrade the nicked weapons found in the market place quests, similar to what they did with the Sentinels items. but don't see where anything came of that.

    trying to clean up some storage space and I collected at least 1 of each of the nicked items. any reason to hang on to those?

    thanks
    I keep a nicked greatsword around for a simple low level beater till I can pull carnifex out. Even then I keep it for noncritables with its unresistable sonic.

    The mace with force and stun 4 is nice and I keep two in the bank but never had occasion to use them.

  8. #8
    Community Member ~Skyblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BFE, TX
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Why bother when riptide or lacerating weapons are min lv 2......Unless quest series end reward and they have no min level.

  9. #9
    Community Member Toro12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblood View Post
    Why bother when riptide or lacerating weapons are min lv 2......Unless quest series end reward and they have no min level.
    Btc on equip is why. I can pass the nicked greatsword around when I'm done with it.

    Is there better damage options around , for sure. For the limited time they are good for , eh, why bother.
    Low level stuff is so easy anyway and I'm lazy. Heck I think my last LoB FvS swung the nicked till sanche sands. That's lazy.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Btc on equip is why. I can pass the nicked greatsword around when I'm done with it.

    Is there better damage options around , for sure. For the limited time they are good for , eh, why bother.
    Low level stuff is so easy anyway and I'm lazy. Heck I think my last LoB FvS swung the nicked till sanche sands. That's lazy.
    If you get a bound to account version it won't bind to character on equip it will stay bound to account. You can get those randomly as arc end rewards from Coin Lords level 4 arc, water works, tangleroot gorge, stk and possibly a few more. You can still apply festival frost on the bta version.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  11. #11
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    If you get a bound to account version it won't bind to character on equip it will stay bound to account. You can get those randomly as arc end rewards from Coin Lords level 4 arc, water works, tangleroot gorge, stk and possibly a few more. You can still apply festival frost on the bta version.
    The bound to account weapons that from the story arc end rewards list usually are usable at two to four levels lower then normal.

    Tidal or lacerating on weapons are expensive (on AH) compared to other weapons, so the nicked weapons are nice to start out with.

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    I used the nicked force club until lvl 8 on my last FvS TR for all them skellies. was great. saved me the time looking for anything else.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

  13. #13
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,031

    Default all the gear is pointless

    I run this series once, and then never again.

    About the only thing good from this series is that stuff is BTA. Other than that, I have never used any of the gear. I sell it all.

    I find there is a lot better low level weapons to use than the nicked stuff. Since I am an old timer, I have a lot of that gear. On some servers I have icy bursted weapons + acid + pure good, range restricted, for 2nd level players that cannot be beat.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  14. #14
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    I like them. I keep one each of the scimitar, mace, and greatsword on my BtA mule. They are decent L2-4 weapons which are just there. It's often not worth the effort of crafting (or the expense of a BtC lootgen) at such low levels given how quickly you outgrow those levels anyway.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,926

    Default

    I keep them for my tr's.
    I don't even bother with Cannith Crafting, too darn tedious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload