Community Member

Default So what IS working that increases spellpower?

Xachosian eardweller isn't increasing my casters spellpower, magic fang isn't increasing my casters spellpower(in wolf form with a caster stick).

Is enchant weap working? Is eardweller and magic fang working for anyone?

Is it just me or did they fix masters touch, wonder if that broke everything else.

Im down about 100 spellpower overall since patch, huh? Are they trying to get us to quit?

Community Member

Default Anyone?

Are they bugged, is it a nerf?

additionally, about 50% of the quests I did today were incompletable due to the multi req bug deal, anyone know when they plan on addressing this?

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Xachosian eardweller isn't increasing my casters spellpower, magic fang isn't increasing my casters spellpower(in wolf form with a caster stick).

Is enchant weap working? Is eardweller and magic fang working for anyone?

Is it just me or did they fix masters touch, wonder if that broke everything else.

Im down about 100 spellpower overall since patch, huh? Are they trying to get us to quit?
    I know these new forums are a mess regarding searching, but I give you a hint : SERIOUS BUG WENT LIVE: Spell Power, Critical chance and spell critical damage NOT WAI
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I know these new forums are a mess regarding searching, but I give you a hint : SERIOUS BUG WENT LIVE: Spell Power, Critical chance and spell critical damage NOT WAI
    I appreciate the link, but I didn't see this as same issue. I don't believe its a display bug, and if the devs were capable of knowing when somethings a bug, or caring(or being allowed to care by management) at least this wouldn't have gone live.

What a joke.

Community Member

Default oh yeah

The title of that thread was likely misleading to turbine, who only sees a bug as serious that causes an immediate loss of profit, something like this that wont cost them shortterm is entirely acceptable which is why they let it go live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    I appreciate the link, but I didn't see this as same issue. I don't believe its a display bug, and if the devs were capable of knowing when somethings a bug, or caring(or being allowed to care by management) at least this wouldn't have gone live.

What a joke.
    It does appear to be a display bug - as verified by myself and others in the quotes thread. The problem is it is getting confused with a genuine bug with crits and caster levels - both of which make your spellpower seem lower than before even when it isn't.

Admittedly you'd have to wade through pages of that link to work this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Rogue Skill Boost 1 says it gives a +10 Bonus to spellpower for a short time.
    Not a spellcaster so I cant check it for sure.... but maybe a Pale Trapper or someone who has it and "real" spellpower can see?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

I tested positive spell power extensively on my cleric to see if it indeed was simply a display bug. The only spell power bonuses I was seeing on the character sheet came from my gauntlets of eternity and my enhancement bonuses. So I was displaying 200 positive spell power.

All universal bonuses, such as those from item enhancements (+18 implement bonus, +15 Draconic Mind, Fey Visions [Shiradi], Sixth Sense [Shiradi], Fey Form [Shiradi], and Stand and Deliver [Shiradi]) were not displaying on the character sheet, but WERE being applied when casting heal.

Bonuses specifically described as positive energy spellpower, such as Healing Power (Exalted), Endless Ardor (Exalted), Reborn in the Light (Exalted), Echoes of the Ancestors (Fatesinger), and Healing Hands (Unyielding) were all being represented on the character sheet. These WERE also being applied when casting.

Interesting note: potency from flawless blue dragonscale plate was reporting its universal spell power bonus to the character sheet and appeared to apply to casting. But this is the only universal bonus which is both displayed and applied which I observed.

Nothing I tested (see above) did not apply when casting. So at least for positive energy, spellpower is being applied, but not always displayed for universal spellpower in most cases. I would post screen shots but that would be a LOT of screen shots and I won't kill your loading times on this page.

Community Member

Default ty all for the info

Am i the only one that thinks its absurd we should need to test all this **** out every update?