Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shell View Post
    does this apply to older usb 2.0 sticks as well?
    Yes, but with an explanation.

If your PC is older and only supports usb 2.0, then usb 2.0 will beat the performance (for this game) than hard disks of that erra. If your PC is newer and supports usb 3, then use a usb 3 stick.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    These solutions with USB sticks are all very nice, but the game should load properly on a regular hard disk as well. No excuses.
    I agree with you Forzah. But these aren't solutions, but only meant to be workarounds. I think many peeps know where the actual problems lie lol.

Another workaround to the red icon problem may be if you "park" your character in a place that is not so populated when you sign off, such as the Deneith Arms shop, or other vendor locations (not bars.) Your client won't have to load in as much stuph when you sign on, and may not time out with the red icon as it were. Just an idea.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Community Member

Just want to add that I used my firewall to block AwesomiumProcess.exe and haven't had any issues since.

Edit: I have no idea what's going on anymore, first I was getting missing datacentre errors cycling around, then when it finally(randomly) decided to load, I got timed out upon entering the word. AwesomiumProcess wasn't even running..
    Last edited by RightToRemainStupid; 06-12-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamnJD View Post
    I agree with you Forzah. But these aren't solutions, but only meant to be workarounds. I think many peeps know where the actual problems lie lol.

Another workaround to the red icon problem may be if you "park" your character in a place that is not so populated when you sign off, such as the Deneith Arms shop, or other vendor locations (not bars.) Your client won't have to load in as much stuph when you sign on, and may not time out with the red icon as it were. Just an idea.

...J
    great. way to tell everyone where i park mytoon

Community Member

Oh FFS Turbine when is this going to be fixed? Every f*cking day I have to go through this double log in ritual. Your incompetence verges on criminality Turdine. If I was a regulator with a mandate, you would be out of business by now.

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Oh FFS Turbine when is this going to be fixed? Every f*cking day I have to go through this double log in ritual. Your incompetence verges on criminality Turdine. If I was a regulator with a mandate, you would be out of business by now.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5010970

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Agreed!
    Having this double log in issue is ridiculous.

I tried cache preloader and same thing happens.
    Im not spending money because turbine is incompetent.

Now its happening after I play another game too, get the red and dc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I actually found that link on my own 2 days after you posted this apparently (I had no idea this thread was still going on until RTRS posted again.), and you've read my responses. It is going exactly as I stated, round robin of blaming.
    And does the round robin of blaming surprise anyone?

Turbine uses the tool improperly. Tool provider says "Looks like Turbine just uses the tool improperly." Turbine says "Mom, make Awesomium stop blaming me!"

MajMal is even in denial that the 7 Awesomium process implementation is a performance degradation compared to the previous implementation.

Of course, his QA team can't even do a simple bug fix verification involving nothing more than 1) log in, 2) log out and 3) try to log back in again. Result: install directory is so corrupted that people have to either hand patch their install directory or reinstall the entire game.

The Turbine technology personnel are not quite up to par. I would expect them to blame someone else rather than accept responsibility for their own failings.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    As for doing it again, you keep right on as you are, you haven't changed at all.
    Thanks, its always nice to have people properly appreciate my ability to correctly assess what is happening to the game.
    Last edited by GermanicusMaximus; 06-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234