Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Disconnection on initial login issue

I've noticed over the past few days, that when I first log onto DDO and select my character, it starts to log in and I seem to be entering the game world. Then the connection hangs and my client is disconnected at the point of being about to be loaded into the world. Once I restart the client, it always works and I am able to then log in on any character without any issues. However, the first time I go to log in on any given day now, I have to go through this ritual. Is anyone else having similar problems? My graphics card drivers auto-updated a few days ago, could that be anything to do with it?

Community Member

I've had the same problem, for the past 2weeks. Its whenever you logon the 1st time since your computer has been turned on. ive also noticed it increases the load time for the initial login to like 5mins. so your not alone here, no idea what to do about it.

Community Member

Also been getting massive, persistent lag whenever I port into the Marketplace. Like I can be frozen for up to a minute just after entering that instance. Doesn't happen anywhere else, except maybe when logging onto or entering the Crafting Hall.

Yep, log in char, get red, quit the game then start again and no red.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Same problem here. This was happening to me on lamannia before U18. And the bug came here, along with all the other shinnies from lamaland.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Yep, same here.

I've had this problem the last six months or so, no idea why.

Happening as I write this... been so since U18 although login has been getting worse and worse and worse and worse for a few months now.

I have a new, over-specced computer, fastest home internet connection available in the uk...but it still must be my end, couldn't possibly be Turbines fault
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Same. Pre-U18, it didn't happen for a very long time. Now it's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

I'm getting exactly the same issue. Figured it was something on my end, apparently it's not.

Community Member

Been happening to me for months now. My GFs computer, plugged into the same router, never does it.

Community Member

yes this happens to me ever since i started playing ddo again about 2-3 weeks ago.

The loading screen when zoning stops at 0% a lot. Often its around the towns and coming out of / coming in quests.

Also the first time login shows a red.

Thought it was my ISP!

I got my Task Manager ready to 'end process tree' DDO and got a notepad ready for copy pasting my password every time i need to relog

so, no Dev is willing to say anything about this?!
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Hurrah! I thought it was just my machine or connection being rubbish again. Yus, I know, hurrah isn't the usual reaction to knowing something is wrong but I'm always relieved to know its a problem shared by others rather than a problem only at my end

I'm pretty sure this started to happen for me a day or so before U18. It is annoying. Yes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Same issue here.

Loads of fun combined with the DCs you get entering any variety of explorer areas that require a full system re-boot.

Brings me back to the good ol days of loading up games with a tape drive!

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Iaga View Post
    Same issue here.

Loads of fun combined with the DCs you get entering any variety of explorer areas that require a full system re-boot.

Brings me back to the good ol days of loading up games with a tape drive!
    Having the same problem here, since U18. A few people have always had this but it seemed to get worse for a lot more people recently. My intuitive "guess" is that there's been an underlying change to the way DDO launches, but maybe there's something we can do on our end to help.

Someone in-game mentioned that someone in the forums (ferris? ferris?) said that DDO uses more virtual memory - I'm using a fair chuck now but its food for thought. Something is loaded differently now, especially upon initial load.

As for the tape drive, I had a couple of favorite ASCII games I loved to load up on Saturday Night, but when a cockroach crawled inside my accoustic coupler I really got annoyed. Felt great to get that new fangled floppy disk...

First time I got this problem was with Motu I think, then it was gone in u16 or 17, now it came back with u18.

Used to happen only when I start the pc first time, now happens after few hours also, without shutting down or restarting pc.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 05-26-2013 at 10:09 AM.

My wild guess is that initial game loading freezes networking thread, and client-server misses handshake timeout.
    As for Cannith Hall, its either barter UI loading recipes, or some bad designed geometry (it has many needlessly high detailed flowers and such).

Someone before forum change posted an opensource tool to preload/prefetch files, anybody remember its name?

So... I just did a clean re-install. It helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzman View Post
    So... I just did a clean re-install. It helped.
    Sadly my install is only 2 months old

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast