Community Member

Default Tomb of the Shadow King Incompletable

Hey, just had a run of Shadow King at-level, and we fell 1 torch short of being able to complete. All torches were extinguished - we checked the entire area, twice. (Including the middle torch, and the one near the entrance.)

Later, a guildy went through the quest and had the same problem. 1 torch short of completion.

We think it might be due to the same glitch that's effecting recall. If you're interrupted while extinguishing a torch, it will immediately light the torch. However, it will not update your quest log, so you will not be able to complete.

So if you're doing this quest, make sure EVERYTHING around you is dead, and do not interrupt yourself when extinguishing the flames.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omniheals View Post
    Hey, just had a run of Shadow King at-level, and we fell 1 torch short of being able to complete. All torches were extinguished - we checked the entire area, twice. (Including the middle torch, and the one near the entrance.)

Later, a guildy went through the quest and had the same problem. 1 torch short of completion.

We think it might be due to the same glitch that's effecting recall. If you're interrupted while extinguishing a torch, it will immediately light the torch. However, it will not update your quest log, so you will not be able to complete.

So if you're doing this quest, make sure EVERYTHING around you is dead, and do not interrupt yourself when extinguishing the flames.
    A friend and I did this quest on elite and at some point it bugged out saying we needed 5 more to light. We just redid the quest on casual (just to get flagging toons for Shdow Crypt) and it worked then.

Quote Originally Posted by Omniheals View Post

Yeah the auto complete induction bar is messing things up...That is exactly what broke your quest...Just make sure if a lever or anything is a quest objective that you will not be interrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Had this problem before the auto complete issue. Had to submit a ticket and a GM helped out.....
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Did the quest 2 days ago with 2 guildies and we completed the quest. Just be sure there are no enemies near when you hit the torch. And dont move! The autofilling action bar on movement/interrup will bug the quest objective, the torch will be off, but the quest objective wont advance.

Happened to me on Tomb of the Immortal Heart and Stromvauld Mine.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Had this happen to me in Stromvauld Mine too. But fortunately after combing the quest twice over for a corpse I though I'd missed, the game crashed on me so I had to start again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by omniheals View Post
    hey, just had a run of shadow king at-level, and we fell 1 torch short of being able to complete. All torches were extinguished - we checked the entire area, twice. (including the middle torch, and the one near the entrance.)

later, a guildy went through the quest and had the same problem. 1 torch short of completion.

So if you're doing this quest, make sure everything around you is dead, and do not interrupt yourself when extinguishing the flames.
    wai

Quote Originally Posted by Thame View Post
    wai
    NO, it's not wai, lol.

It's the same at every quest where you need to channel an objetive, like the levers at Bloody Crypt, the torcher at shadow king like the OP found, or the dead engineers at Stormvauld mines.

Be sure to not get interrupted by mobs or by moving when you do the objetives and it will be fine.

On the other hand, i'm having the most fun playing a trapper ever.

Community Member

I was in this quest earlier today and had the same problem.

Also I was in Two-toed Tobias and had a similar problem where we could finish because it thought we hadn't unfrozen the river (or something like that) even though we had done so and advanced past that point and finished the end fight.

It seems U18 has increased the number of times this occurs.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    I was in this quest earlier today and had the same problem.

Also I was in Two-toed Tobias and had a similar problem where we could finish because it thought we hadn't unfrozen the river (or something like that) even though we had done so and advanced past that point and finished the end fight.

It seems U18 has increased the number of times this occurs.
    As have been noted above, this is almost certainly the auto-complete bug that messes up quest objectives.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    NO, it's not wai, lol.

It's the same at every quest where you need to channel an objetive, like the levers at Bloody Crypt, the torcher at shadow king like the OP found, or the dead engineers at Stormvauld mines.

Be sure to not get interrupted by mobs or by moving when you do the objetives and it will be fine.

On the other hand, i'm having the most fun playing a trapper ever.
    I believe he was being ironic. He's probably referencing how in the past Turbine when they can't fix something, change the description and then say its WAI. ;-D

Of course hes probably a bit premature in saying that because I doubt they're even aware that this game breaking bug exists yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Yeah the auto complete induction bar is messing things up...That is exactly what broke your quest...Just make sure if a lever or anything is a quest objective that you will not be interrupted.
    Same thing happened to me on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    Had this problem before the auto complete issue. Had to submit a ticket and a GM helped out.....
    This is weird - lots of people seem to have had the issue since U18 is this thread is anything to go by (lots / 2+).

But I also submitted the ticket, made dinner, ignored the expiry of xp potion, and hid in the centre room... until a DM showed up 40 minutes later, tested a bunch of stuff, and finally just auto-completed the quest for me.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Default Me Too

This has also happened to me since U18 (and not before, as far as I remember) in Tomb of the Immortal Heart, the Bloody Crypt, Stromvauld's Mine, and Tomb of the Shadow King.

It seems to be happen when I'm interrupted while the progress bar on an objective clicky is nearly full; I haven't noticed it happening if the progress bar isn't close to full. I've also noticed another odd thing that's probably related: if I get hit while opening a chest while the progress bar is almost open, the chest swings open but I don't get the popup box with my loot. That's no problem, since I can just click the chest again without even needing to wait for the progress bar again since it's already open.

It was acid arrow ticking its dot that did it in Immortal Heart and Bloody Crypt; I got confused in the first and had a suspicion about how it was happening in the second. Stromvauld's Mine confirmed it for me--I managed to make 3 engineer corpses disappear without getting any decrease in my objective counter while getting pelted with arrows, and you can be darn sure I was watching that counter very close by that point. Tomb of the Shadow King just ****ed me off, especially since I *thought* was being careful in that one.

That's four quests that I had to repeat. Kind of annoyed here.

Community Member

Same thing happened in the.... Pit!

At level, and at the end, now that I think of it, the wheel must have been turned before the last mobs were dead, not sure.
    In any case, no XP and no completion
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Same thing happened in the.... Pit!

At level, and at the end, now that I think of it, the wheel must have been turned before the last mobs were dead, not sure.
    In any case, no XP and no completion
    I hate the Pit. I bugged out several lives ago on it (unrelated to current bug) and I took it off my quest list. Too long, too convoluted, and too boring if its going to spaz on you 45 mins in.

I just had the current bug bork me on Shadow Knight, on my last altar on Elite, had to start over ><