Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Talking Choice

The way I see it everyone has a choice, to buy or not buy, the pre-order is available up-to August 19th, the only reason to make a quick decision is if you want to have access to the BETA(order by June 3rd I think). Otherwise if you are not convinced the deal is right for you, wait a bit, more info is bound to trickle through once the Beta starts. Myself I intend to pre-order, I've made that decision, however due to my best in-game ability being DEATH I would be absolutely useless in a test environment, so I have two and a bit months to part with my cash during which time I am confident more will be learnt about exact content . Turbine do NOT let me down!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    The way I see it everyone has a choice, to buy or not buy, the pre-order is available up-to August 19th, the only reason to make a quick decision is if you want to have access to the BETA(order by June 3rd I think). Otherwise if you are not convinced the deal is right for you, wait a bit, more info is bound to trickle through once the Beta starts. Myself I intend to pre-order, I've made that decision, however due to my best in-game ability being DEATH I would be absolutely useless in a test environment, so I have two and a bit months to part with my cash during which time I am confident more will be learnt about exact content . Turbine do NOT let me down!!
    I am having difficulty understanding why anyone would purchase anything without knowing what exactly they are getting. Or at the very least see some feedback from those testing.

Did you people not learn from the last time? If I could slap you upside the head, I would!

I have some pet rocks for sale. They may have this, that, and this other thing. Pre-purchase includes some candy. Wanna buy one?

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Ok, I'm not a VIP but I am having alot of trouble understanding why VIPs have to pay for the new quests.

Essentially what the expansion comes with is:
    2 Wilderness areas and 10 quests (sounds like 2 standard quest packs)
    Iconic Heroes (optional purchase)
    Skill tomes (again, optional purchase)

And thats it? There is nothing in there that screams 'not a quest pack + extras'.

From memory, it doesn't 'include' the level increase, I believe everyone gets that.

Founder

I'm guessing this is to attract new players to start in FR and then you have level 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 quests in FR. But how the hell are you going to get to level 28 with the repeat penalties from the level 16 (?25), 17 (23), and 18 (?26) quests?

Smile Epic Shadowfell

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The plan is to have heroic and epic versions of the new quests in the expansion, although the current U18 capstone quest "Shadow of a Doubt" does not currently have an epic version planned for it. Keep in mind of course that any project still in development could see changes happen to it, but the plan is to offer heroic and epic versions of the expansion quest content.
    I am very glad to hear this!! I was wondering how we were going to level to 28 without level appropriate quests and the new gear to go along with it. A true seeing augment would be a nice addition also.
    Khyber server. Raavynn , Fabrykator, Agryvor, Lotyss, Vyolator, Legionnayre, Kwychanng

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The plan is to have heroic and epic versions of the new quests in the expansion, although the current U18 capstone quest "Shadow of a Doubt" does not currently have an epic version planned for it.
    Speaking as the ONE person in the entirety of DDO's player base that really likes that Nightsinger's Mantle having both a Maxed Sonic Bard build (nearly 300 Sonic SP before max and empower and 25% crit chance on Sonic spells) and a need for a cloak with two augment slots and perform on it; I find the news of no Epic Nightsingers Mantle disappointing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123