Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This deal is getting worse all the time
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's more an issue of learning their lesson after past experience. Fernando caught massive amounts of flack for comments he made about crafting that were true at the time but later changed before release.
    I am aware that all outcomes have to be covered, I was not being pedantic, the answer just made me giggle!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The plan is to have heroic and epic versions of the new quests in the expansion, although the current U18 capstone quest "Shadow of a Doubt" does not currently have an epic version planned for it. Keep in mind of course that any project still in development could see changes happen to it, but the plan is to offer heroic and epic versions of the expansion quest content.
    Sell your expansion to me. Give me reasons to buy it? It's obviously not selling itself to me. Might have this, Might have that, is not going to sell me on buying the expansion.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I have to wonder how you can come up with a price before the content is even finalized. I guess integrity counts for very little now days.
    10 quests and 2 wilderness areas was mentioned. 9 of those to have an Epic flavour. Also the level cap increase to 28. And Skill Tomes. And Iconic Heroes.

Better to look at it that as the content hasn't been fully finalised that there may be extra goodies making their way into the expansion, but you won't be charged extra for these as the price has been set based on the current content definition. And you are remembering that the price for the prepurchase standard and collectors edition includes more than just the expansion quests?

I think the lesson for the good people at Turbine to learn - and yes Jerry, I'm looking at you, pointing at your and wagging my finger at you - is that you guys need to get a grip on the communication side and provide much better detail about expansion plans in the future. Compare what you've done for Shadowfell with what you did for MotU. Obviously you can't provide every minute bit of detail, that's not expected. Here is what your own marketing details fro http://www.ddo.com/en/shadowfell/ say:

You may notice the lack of detail about the two Adventure Packs and what they actually contain by way of quests. Better to spell it out at the start, then if you add something extra as it nears completion, just update the details. Because it's the DDO Forums you'll still get people complaining that you've added more stuff than previously advertised, but that's to be expected around here.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 05-29-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Hey Jerry, any word how you guys intend to get 3 (increasingly expensive) levels out of 10 quests*?
    Change to repetition penalties?
    Make Everyone TR and reset their repetitions?
    Unbork challenge XP?

(*Better be 10 quests, and not 9 quests plus one you released in U18)

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Hey Jerry, any word how you guys intend to get 3 (increasingly expensive) levels out of 10 quests*?
    Unbork challenge XP?

DDO Store. Why change stuff when stuff can be added to ddo store exclusively to make a profit.

The plan is to have heroic and epic versions of the new quests in the expansion, although the current U18 capstone quest "Shadow of a Doubt" does not currently have an epic version planned for it. Keep in mind of course that any project still in development could see changes happen to it, but the plan is to offer heroic and epic versions of the expansion quest content.
    "The plan is" = this can change at any time.

Once this is set in stone you'll get my money.

That said . . . a level 16 pack and a level 18 pack with epic options (say 24 and 26) would be excellent. More quests for TR-streakers and more epics is the best of both worlds.

Unbork challenge XP?

Im pretty sure its 9 plus U18's teaser. Which I think is FTP post expansion...
    At least thats what I gather from the limited information we've been given.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Unbork challenge XP?

I'm a d00m bringer but I gotta say this really isn't something I'm worried about. There is a metric ton of XP out there if you bank your levels.

Community Member

I have to say I actually find it worrisome that these quests aren't already 'finished' and in alpha test at this point. I assume 'closed beta' starts in a month or less and I really hope that the expansion is closer to a finished state at that time than MotU was when it went 'closed beta'. There are no epic destinies (that I know of) with this one. Fewer quests and wilderness areas also, and no challenges. MotU is still basically unfinished when you consider the number of bugs and <string table errors> still in existence in that content.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm a d00m bringer but I gotta say this really isn't something I'm worried about. There is a metric ton of XP out there if you bank your levels.
    How many levels do you have banked now?
    When level Cap goes up, you have all the repetitions and completions to make going from 25-28 from a cold start kind of daunting.
    So, do they intend for everyone to just TR again and plan out how they're going to get up to 28? Will repetitions get reset? Will the whole system change? What about that kloodge currently in place to allow capped 25 characters to play with uncapped epic chars without XP Penalties? Is that going to be adjusted as well?

Quote Originally Posted by rjbutchko View Post
    Im pretty sure its 9 plus U18's teaser. Which I think is FTP post expansion...
    At least thats what I gather from the limited information we've been given.

QMX said 10.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.

How many levels do you have banked now?
    When level Cap goes up, you have all the repetitions and completions to make going from 25-28 from a cold start kind of daunting.
    So, do they intend for everyone to just TR again and plan out how they're going to get up to 28? Will repetitions get reset? Will the whole system change? What about that kloodge currently in place to allow capped 25 characters to play with uncapped epic chars without XP Penalties? Is that going to be adjusted as well?
    All these questions can be answered with one answer again. It is DDO Store.
    Why would anything be changed or reset when that something can just be made exclusive to the ddo store and make a profit off of it.

QMX said 10.
    Yeah, but I'm almost positive QMX was also counting that quest we get if we pre order in it to. There was a post somewhere about it, maybe by Cordovan.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

EDIT: Never mind I step away for a minute come back and finish my post and someones already said it....

My curiosity got the better of me. I apologize. OK I don't really apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Shadowfell Conspiracy will include 10 Quests and 2 Wilderness Areas in addition to the 1 prelude quest currently available with pre-purchase.

This information will be added to the Shadowfell Conspiracy FAQ and Pre-Purchase page.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's more an issue of learning their lesson after past experience. Fernando caught massive amounts of flack for comments he made about crafting that were true at the time but later changed before release.
    I'd agree if they weren't already taking people's money for it. At that point they should have a pretty set in stone idea of what it is they are selling.

As it is they are coming off as selling however much get's done by release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I'd agree if they weren't already taking people's money for it. At that point they should have a pretty set in stone idea of what it is they are selling.

As it is they are coming off as selling however much get's done by release date.
    You know, I'm pretty sure the details were very fuzzy when the pre-orders started for MotU, too, they just had more fluff to distract us with.
    There were all these questions to answer - what do VIPs get, what don't they get, what's an "xp tome", what are epic destinies, how will the level cap increase work with TR, what's this panther hire thingy, ooh shiny new Druid class how cool are they, how will the new challenges work, Forgotten Realms OMGBBQ! etc etc

and oh by the way 3 adventure packs

This time around the add-ons are pretty well understood - okay, it's an owlbear not a panther, but we know how it works. Okay it's an Epic XP tome, we know how it works. Okay you introduced skill tomes, that was really easy to explain. So they don't have as much blah blah to distract us from the questions they don't have answers for yet - the communication overall is way down from the media blitz we got last year, but I don't think the details on what we would see quest-wise is any different.

I'd really like to see more communication, but I think they just don't know yet. Around June 3rd we'll probably see Beta happen and a lot more info will start to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure the details were very fuzzy when the pre-orders started for MotU, too, they just had more fluff to distract us with.
    There were all these questions to answer - what do VIPs get, what don't they get, what's an "xp tome", what are epic destinies, how will the level cap increase work with TR, what's this panther hire thingy, ooh shiny new Druid class how cool are they, how will the new challenges work, Forgotten Realms OMGBBQ! etc etc

and oh by the way 3 adventure packs

This time around the add-ons are pretty well understood - okay, it's an owlbear not a panther, but we know how it works. Okay it's an Epic XP tome, we know how it works. Okay you introduced skill tomes, that was really easy to explain. So they don't have as much blah blah to distract us from the questions they don't have answers for yet - the communication overall is way down from the media blitz we got last year, but I don't think the details on what we would see quest-wise is any different.

I'd really like to see more communication, but I think they just don't know yet. Around June 3rd we'll probably see Beta happen and a lot more info will start to appear.
    I don't think that's the problem at all. The problem is the word "might". It "might" be in expansion. It "Might" be part of bladeforged enhancements.
    You either release something or you don't. There is no middle ground when you are trying to sell something.

Imagine how upset all those people were that bought the expansion for Bladeforged only to find out what they paid for was not in there. And it "might" be done by expansion.
    I don't go to buy a car and only get a tire.

How can anyone in there right mind offer to sell something and it's suprise as to what you getting.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Thank you very much for the response Cordovan. It's good to hear that epic content is planned for the expansion. While I do undestand that nothing is definite until it actually happens, I would also say that epic content should definitely be a part of the expansion, as I would hardly consider two heroic level quest packs to be worthy of being called an expansion. Even if the original plan changes and the packs are released only for heroic levels, a patch very soon afterwards should offer the epic versions. Thanks again for the info Cordovan.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    I just question how they feel they can price and sell what "they just don't know yet".

If they were to come out and say "it will include X, Y and Z, but maybe all wont be done by release" I'd feel better about paying for it, but as is all I see is "we plan for X, Y and Z, but things may change" which kind of leads to doubts on whether they plan on finishing anything that isn't ready by release or just calling however much that is the expansion and moving on to the next project (or selling what doesn't get done seperatly later, at least to non-subscribers).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast