Default Launcher broken after update 18

as per title . since the update my launcher just crashes out with an error. cannt even get connected to get the update lol.

nice erm update not.

Anyone else getting this ?

downloading the package doesnt fix it

" nitialization status: "Getting alerts and news" 25/05/2013 10:40:35
    25/05/2013 10:40:35
    Initialization status: "Opening main form" 25/05/2013 10:40:35
    Transition to phase: UpdaterSelectControl 25/05/2013 10:40:36
    Update Option: Local Forward Version is newer than Remote ForwardVersion. 25/05/2013 10:40:36
    Transition to phase: PrereqInstallControl 25/05/2013 10:40:36
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) was already installed. 25/05/2013 10:40:37
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) was already installed. 25/05/2013 10:40:37
    Downloading "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" from "http://download.lotro.akamai.turbine.com/ddo/PreReqProd/vcredist2010/vcredist_x86.exe" to "C:\Turbine\DDO Unlimited\vcredist_x86.exe" 25/05/2013 10:40:37
    Downloaded "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" 25/05/2013 10:40:55
    Start: "C:\Turbine\DDO Unlimited\vcredist_x86.exe" /q /norestart 25/05/2013 10:40:55
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) failed to install: 1603 25/05/2013 10:41:11
    System.Exception: An error occurred while installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please download and install 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)' from 'http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999' before starting TurbineLauncher.
    at com.turbine.launcher.UserControls.PrereqInstallCon trol.Install() 25/05/2013 10:41:11
    25/05/2013 10:41:11
    *** Installation Error 25/05/2013 10:41:11
    An error occurred while installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please download and install 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)' from 'http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999' before starting TurbineLauncher. 25/05/2013 10:41:11
    System.Exception: An error occurred while installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please download and install 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)' from 'http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999' before starting TurbineLauncher.
    at com.turbine.launcher.UserControls.PrereqInstallCon trol.Install() 25/05/2013 10:41:11
    Last edited by Hirosue; 05-25-2013 at 04:56 AM. Reason: added error code
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

So I have spent the last hour trying to fix it to no avail.

Tried remove and reinstall c+ redistributable
    Tried remove and reinstall .net
    Tried both of the above
    Tried latest video drivers
    Tried windows update

Nothing works. Launcher is still failing. Please note this did not happen before update 18 so some change to the game/ launcher is responsible.

At this point I’m not sure if I can be bothered to keep trying to get it working. Every time Turbine update the game they break and Nerf multiple things. This has been going on for years and I’m having difficulty working up any enthusiasm to keep trying to get it to work. Which is a shame as the underlying DDO game is good let down by Turbine management / developers and appalling quality control.

In the last 8 months my guild has gone from 24 actives down to 2, we recently lost 3 more due to turbine robbing a Guildy of £900 by billing him for 103 months subs in 30 seconds and then inflaming him even further by offering a paltry 30 days game time as a sorry .He quit DDo and all Turbine products for good and two others went with him.

It really does seem to be one thing after another after another with no end in sight. The latest money grab expansion" pay now but we won’t tell you what is It." to me just seems like they showing contempt for their customer.
    Now I cannot even get the launcher to work due to some stupid change that they made and cannot be bothered to try re download the entire client.

Unfortunately and before you ask “ NO “ you can’t have my stuff because ..........

well I cannot log in lol.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post

Tried remove and reinstall .net
    Tried both of the above
    Tried latest video drivers
    Tried windows update

Nothing works. Launcher is still failing. Please note this did not happen before update 18 so some change to the game/ launcher is responsible.

At this point I’m not sure if I can be bothered to keep trying to get it working. Every time Turbine update the game they break and Nerf multiple things. This has been going on for years and I’m having difficulty working up any enthusiasm to keep trying to get it to work. Which is a shame as the underlying DDO game is good let down by Turbine management / developers and appalling quality control.

In the last 8 months my guild has gone from 24 actives down to 2, we recently lost 3 more due to turbine robbing a Guildy of £900 by billing him for 103 months subs in 30 seconds and then inflaming him even further by offering a paltry 30 days game time as a sorry .He quit DDo and all Turbine products for good and two others went with him.

It really does seem to be one thing after another after another with no end in sight. The latest money grab expansion" pay now but we won’t tell you what is It." to me just seems like they showing contempt for their customer.
    Now I cannot even get the launcher to work due to some stupid change that they made and cannot be bothered to try re download the entire client.

Unfortunately and before you ask “ NO “ you can’t have my stuff because ..........

well I cannot log in lol.
    I have the EXACT same error message and have attempted much the same fixes to no avail.

well, this is what? 4th or 5th topic about visual c++ 2010 being broken. (which by no means is wrong. not being able to log into game IS serious as far as playing the game goes.)

onwards to the meat that matters though. Due to reasons no one yet knows, launcher broke for some and not for some. I myself have not experienced launcher being broken but some have fallen silent (it worked or their computers exploded) after trying following: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328

yes, reference ID is not same as launcher suggests.
    checking windows update after installing that to make sure there are no hidden security patches to that might be wise though. that is from 2010 after all.
    Amazing, they actually managed to fix forum account post count and stuff without me bug reporting it!
    O.o there is hope out there yet!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    well, this is what? 4th or 5th topic about visual c++ 2010 being broken. (which by no means is wrong. not being able to log into game IS serious as far as playing the game goes.)

onwards to the meat that matters though. Due to reasons no one yet knows, launcher broke for some and not for some. I myself have not experienced launcher being broken but some have fallen silent (it worked or their computers exploded) after trying following: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328

yes, reference ID is not same as launcher suggests.
    checking windows update after installing that to make sure there are no hidden security patches to that might be wise though. that is from 2010 after all.
    I'll give that a shot in a little bit after my neck eases off. Slept on it ALL wrong! Thanks little_me! Oh, if it works, I'll report back here if Hirosue hasn't done it his/her self already!

In a kobold voice: "Lancher broken loooong time!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Svartelric View Post
    In a kobold voice: "Lancher broken loooong time!"
    I hate those kobolds... I love those kobold voices!

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    well, this is what? 4th or 5th topic about visual c++ 2010 being broken. (which by no means is wrong. not being able to log into game IS serious as far as playing the game goes.)onwards to the meat that matters though. Due to reasons no one yet knows, launcher broke for some and not for some. I myself have not experienced launcher being broken but some have fallen silent (it worked or their computers exploded) after trying following: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8328yes, reference ID is not same as launcher suggests.checking windows update after installing that to make sure there are no hidden security patches to that might be wise though. that is from 2010 after all.
    I'm not having this issue either, but I've always had the multiple versions of C++ runtime installed since it comes with Visual Studio and software uses the version that was current at the time it was written. On the plus side, if the latest version is being used now perhaps client memory issues will be repaired soon.There was an issue the last week or so when Lamannia was up when they tested a new client... For some reason they had to back out and the "TurbineInvoker.exe" file was causing and endless loop when trying to logon. The fix for that was to copy "TurbineInvoker.exe" from your live installation folder to your Lamannia folder before loading the game every time (during launch the working copy would be detected and updated by the corrupt version).
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    I'll give that a shot in a little bit after my neck eases off. Slept on it ALL wrong! Thanks little_me! Oh, if it works, I'll report back here if Hirosue hasn't done it his/her self already!

I gave up after an hour or so in total frustration and have actually removed ddo from my computer.

I just cannot be bothered with such pathetic lack of quality control with DDO and its eternal update bugs/fiascos any longer.

Ordinarily when people leave or quit ddo they say bye and thanks to their friends and guildies but as all mine have already quit there seems little point.

TTFN

Community Member

Default Update 18 crash error

As of the 5/22 update 18 I cant play my game. As a VIP this is a serious issue.
    As soon as launcher picks a server it crashes, after log in

I7 2600k, 8 gb Ram, win 7 x64, ATI 6870 1 gb vid card.........stock everything

Game worked perfectly for months prior to U18. Fairly positive this error is because of the game conflicting with the x64 OS
    Have replaced vid card driver, removed vid card driver, reinstalled the entire game, etc

Have seen numerous others with same problem and since have concluded its x64 conflict
    Please try this on a test cpu and release a fix pronto. I will be in touch with customer service as my timer is ticking with no game time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hirosue View Post

I was getting a similar error and went to the indicated webpage to manually install the file. It turns out there are 3 different versions of that file, and it wasn't until I picked the right one by trial-and-error that it solved the issue. For me, even though I'm on a 64-bit machine, it was the x86 version that fixed it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=26999

I did not remove the original, just used the downloaded file to install over the top of it.

Hope that helps...

Trying to play this game is a big pain in the A*s. If i dont get ERROR 5000. I have to log in twice to get on to the server because ever time it just decided to stop working. Come on Turbine fix this Sh*t.

Community Member

I am not proposing that this will fix your issue. After an update several months ago I was unable to get into DDO even after uninstalling and reinstalling. I ran the app as administrator and it works fine. This is the only app I have to run as the administrator, but I don't mind it.

I don't recall seeing any C++ messages.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).