Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree. Eberron is way more interesting to me. To quote some influences from wikipedia -- "Baker aimed to fuse the energy of pulp adventure and film noir settings to traditional fantasy settings and steampunk. The Eberron Campaign Setting sourcebook lists the following movies as inspirations for Eberron's tone and attitude: Brotherhood of the Wolf, Casablanca, From Hell, The Maltese Falcon, The Mummy, The Name of the Rose, Pirates of the Caribbean, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Sleepy Hollow. Baker said inspiration for the war-torn setting came from the unstable period of world history between World War I and World War II." -- That's just really different and intriguing. I also really liked all the interwoven stories they had in this game. The Eberron content felt like you were uncovering mysteries and piecing together clues. Of course I play the new FR content, but I don't care about these new stories. I literally get annoyed every time I need to go to Eveningstar to do something anymore. I found the Wheloon docks area pretty cool and creepy though.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Personally, I've always loved the Forgotten Realms.
    Eberron is cool, but FR is better.

*opinion only*
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

THe Eberon story is done. nothing more needs to be told with the defeat of the Truthful One.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    THe Eberon story is done. nothing more needs to be told with the defeat of the Truthful One.
    Well there's that big fleet from Droaam that's still on its way and the Draconic Prophecy is always in the background and remember the Sharn? Sorry, the Truthful One is just one of a number of unresolved plot threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are supposed to bring the fight to the Sharn syndicate and we also have the Daughters of Sora Kell and Droaam still to deal with. Also we have barely began to explore Xen'drik. We finished the story of the truthful one but there is still so much more to deal with.

Edit: And I was pretty much ninja'd. Also I just realized your name... Go away troll. Your kind aren't welcomed here. Go back to the shadow marshes.

Community Member

Spelljammer please...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Spelljammer please...
    This!

threads all done? That dude in the 12 still won't send you anywhere but shavvy.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

I hate the realms and the decision to concentrate on the realms for new stuff is one of the reasons I canceled my sub and why I won't be buying the expansion I will play sporadically until August when my sub expires but since I prefer monks and or warforged and half elves I won't be playing after that and no I won't be buying what I lack I have been VIP since the game started and I will end that way.

I also joined the game because it wasn't the realms if it had started there I wouldn't have played it. With the fourm changes the horrible enhance changes coming and more realms content I won't be playing a MMO soon for the first time in a decade.

I hope to find roll 20 hackmaster game soon or will run one myself as we'll as run hackmaster demos in Texarkana

I hate the realms

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    OK, you obviously don't have a clue to Uska's depth of knowledge and experience with Pnp that includes the realms the op speaks of.
    I don't have a clue about his/her personal knowledge either, but his replies here and in past threads about FR just shows he/she hates Drizzt and Elminster.

I don't have something against you, Uska, it's just that unsubstantiated critics and judgements don't show this supposed knowledge or any pnp background.

I mean, i'm still running FR campaigns (circa year 1375) where the players actions have a lasting impact on the setting (thus "my" FR is now very different from game guide FR) and i've yet to use any of the most abused NPCs of the setting, my players have never set foot in Waterdeep or Silverymoon and barely touched the Underdark way off from mayor important centers.

In pnp we have the "power" to bend any setting to our desires, to the needs of our campaigns, the whims of our players and the mood of the gaming session, thus i'm surprised that someone with a pnp background has feelings so strong towards any setting.

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    OK, you obviously don't have a clue to Uska's depth of knowledge and experience with Pnp that includes the realms the op speaks of.

Your post is in bad taste, and uncalled for. You can criticize in a much more civil manner (I hope)
    Thank you and I know your a realms fan.

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    I don't have a clue about his/her personal knowledge either, but his replies here and in past threads about FR just shows he/she hates Drizzt and Elminster.

I don't have something against you, Uska, it's just that unsubstantiated critics and judgements don't show this supposed knowledge or any pnp background.

I mean, i'm still running FR campaigns (circa year 1375) where the players actions have a lasting impact on the setting (thus "my" FR is now very different from game guide FR) and i've yet to use any of the most abused NPCs of the setting, my players have never set foot in Waterdeep or Silverymoon and barely touched the Underdark way off from mayor important centers.

In pnp we have the "power" to bend any setting to our desires, to the needs of our campaigns, the whims of our players and the mood of the gaming session, thus i'm surprised that someone with a pnp background has feelings so strong towards any setting.

I dislike the realms because they are boring and unoriginal and over used

If I had my way I would use my own world but right now to busy with work and school so I use mainly the kingdom of kalamar garweeez world and occasionally the black company setting of course I use a better game system than any produced by wotc
    Last edited by Uska; 05-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    ... kingdom of kalamar ... black company setting ...
    You know, threads like this almost always degenerate into insult-slinging while in truth they could be a good way for players with pnp knowledge to share tips and setting advices.

EDIT: oh and Uska, about your sig, they already did with the 4e rework, that FR it's a big ugly mess i refuse to touch
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 05-27-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Community Member

Ebberon is a wonderful world. So little explored on DDO. Ebberon has 6 continents.

Xendrik is just one in our world, it is a jungle like continent with the interior unmapped and unexplored. It was once ruled by giants that were taught secrets by dragons, and fell into ruin after quori invasions, elf rebellions, and then a war against Argonnessan.

Argonnessan is an actual continent ruled and populated by dragons, off limits to lesser races- The Dragon Prophecy stems from here. Stormreach is the only civilized city on Xendrik. It is isolated from the rest of the world by mountains and sea- Korthos is actual entry.

The ebberon setting introduced, artificer, Crafting-!!-, warforged, airships. Deities and religion is secondary unlike most dnd settings, our clerics arent hindered by alignment to cast, or a certain god. Races are much deeper and complex here, races that are rarely evil or good are allowed to be more common.

Like our dragons. Khyber is the underworld and was one of the 3 progenitor dragons, ebberon, and sibeyris both clashed against Khyber. Ebberon created the humaniods, Siberyis the dragons, Khyber the things that go bump in the night.

There is Obox-ob a former demon prince in a random layer of the abyss, who is immensly powerful and seeks to regain even more power.

At least 6 immortal daelkyr still remain in Khyber.

Khorvaire is the main continent. Sarlona another continent, ruled by Immortal Quori who breed humaniods for the sole purpose of being quori vessels called the Inspired. All who hunt down the psionic kalashtar race.

The Overlords, the most powerful of the fiends of Eberron, There are about 30 Overlords trapped across the world of Eberron, but only some of them are known.

Our DDO is noveled out here http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Myra_Scott

I have no doubt in my mind Ebberon will continue to be expanded. Vast amount of content and Xendrik was the perfect place to bring us in. No allegiances, no favorites, we are in a jungle piecing various puzzles about the world around us with little glimpses into what they are about.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 05-26-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Community Member

Count me among the Eberron fans. I wouldn't say I'm a Forgotten Realms hater, but it definitely is "been there, done that" for me. Eberron has a very unique feel, one which I think is especially suited to a game like DDO.

Having said that, I think they've done a pretty good job with many of the FR elements they've introduced. King's Forest, the Demonweb, what I've seen of the Underdark, werewolves. None of it has given me a burning desire to take my Eberron-centered toons over to a different world, though... except for the Ice Skating event at the Winter Festival! What I've run of the rest, I've run because it was new content, not because I cared a bit about the storylines.

The thing that interests me least of all is the "guest appearances" part. Ho hum, already met Elminster. Surprise surprise, he has time to stand around in Eveningstar all day long, but saving the world(s) is your job. Welcome to the Realms. <yawn>

Oh, and don't mind those metal men walking around, they're just strangers from another world, we get that stuff all the time here in Faerun...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12