Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Now this is customer appreciation!

I just decided to log on to NWO and play for awhile. I am still a lowly level 7 dwarf Fighter. When I got to the launcher I was reading the feed while it downloaded patches (Haven't logged on since about last Friday) and one of the ads in the launcher caught my attention. It said thank you to the players.

Now me, being completely unaccustomed to this strange phrase coming from an MMO, had to click it.

Wow. All I can say is thank you to the NWO team for the gifts.

I may not like the way that game plays, lol, the server was down when I was done patching, but if this is the type of customer/game team interaction/service they are offering up, well, that right there speaks tomes to me.

Sure seems like the management of that game really want to keep their players playing and paying to me. Management, yes. That is what good management does when things go wrong, they make it right even for those that were completely unaffected because they know word of mouth gets around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

NWO battle cry

"Fixing one out of five exploits, ain't bad."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    NWO battle cry

"Fixing one out of five exploits, ain't bad."
    Well, I cannot argue the point you are tossing. I can only say that at least they are fixing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Well, I cannot argue the point you are tossing. I can only say that at least they are fixing things.
    Except the fact they are not. They have handled the major exploit of the AH in the same way Turbine handles his exploits: fixed too late, banned not even the 10% of the exploiters and as a gift they gave us a bunch of nothing and 4k exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

I'm just frustrated by them, so many exploits and some of them so foreseeable by how they coded it. Then the community is getting very exploit oriented is the only way I have to put it with 20% or so of people in pugs wanting to exploit one part or another of the dungeon.

Community Member

Not everyone is happy with the gifts but most are. I am quite happy with my sovereign elixir from Turbine as well.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Ever consider that as a new game in beta, still being built, they're doing the best they can and while it may not be a stellar job, it IS a sincere one? I won't play it, but I also won't slam it for trying.

Default thats cool

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    I just decided to log on to NWO and play for awhile. I am still a lowly level 7 dwarf Fighter. When I got to the launcher I was reading the feed while it downloaded patches (Haven't logged on since about last Friday) and one of the ads in the launcher caught my attention. It said thank you to the players.

Now me, being completely unaccustomed to this strange phrase coming from an MMO, had to click it.

Wow. All I can say is thank you to the NWO team for the gifts.

I may not like the way that game plays, lol, the server was down when I was done patching, but if this is the type of customer/game team interaction/service they are offering up, well, that right there speaks tomes to me.

Sure seems like the management of that game really want to keep their players playing and paying to me. Management, yes. That is what good management does when things go wrong, they make it right even for those that were completely unaffected because they know word of mouth gets around.
    Thats good man, some of the gamer companies do care more about their playerbase, the game fallen earth/gamers first is cool like that too but in a slightly different way like you got live GMs being cool and helping you/kicking people who cant keep things clean, ddo could take alot of leafs out of alot of books, i will deffinatly be putting 100% of my gaming time into fallen earth once that more-grind-epic-tr rubbish comes.
    Completionist clonk on argonnessen.