Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default How do I file a formal complaint to Turbine or Time Warner about DDO?

I almost never come to forums and I am not interested in listing my complaints on here, but I would like to make a formal complaint to either Turbine or Time Warner about how the Dungeon and Dragons Online game is being managed and supervised. Does anyone have solid contact information in the form of a postal address I could send a formal complaint to? I am looking for something more than a blackhole of a customer service mailroom. I would like to express how disappointed I am at how this game has slowly decayed over the years.

I am not cancelling my VIP which I have had for years yet. I have paid money and avoided the free to play model for quite some time in the hope that this game will continue to improve from my regular expenditures – which I do not doubt are in the thousands of dollars between VIP on multiple accounts and regular point purchases over the years.

However, I feel like the quality of this game has done nothing but slide down the gutter lately. Mistakes and garbage constancy occur – it is obvious to me that accountability does not exist within the DDO offices at Turbine. As far as I am concerned management needs to be replaced.

SIGNUP DATE: 4/3/2006

Community Member

I will PM you with the information I use for my weekly complaints. I agree about management 100% hands down, they need to be flushed.

Check your inbox in the AM (PST). Too adult beveraged up to focus on my bookmarks list. I think I probably typed this about 5 times worth of typing now. Hope it is all spelled right. Thank god for red lines under misspelled words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    Thank god for red lines under misspelled words.
    Except for those instances where the browser decides the word somehow does not exist. Personally I wouldn't forward any complaints in Turbine's direction but rather towards Warner Brothers. The impression I've felt from talking to various people is that Turbine is more likely to listen when Warner Brothers is the one having to deal with it.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Default agreed

Downward spiral, and squarely falls on management at some level.

Been playing since original beta, if a better game comes out in just a couple categories my money goes their way.

Community Member

Default Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Except for those instances where the browser decides the word somehow does not exist. Personally I wouldn't forward any complaints in Turbine's direction but rather towards Warner Brothers. The impression I've felt from talking to various people is that Turbine is more likely to listen when Warner Brothers is the one having to deal with it.
    This is exactly what I am sending the OP. It is kind of like going to your local wally world and complaining to the store manager one week, like say for example the guy driving the shopping cart train through the parking lot hits your car with the train, only to go back next week and have your car hit again by the same guy. Obviously complaining directly to that store didn't do any good. But when you get online and go to the main wally world website and click contact us and file a formal complaint there, your phone starts ringing off the hook from them trying to contact you from corporate. (yes, it happened to me) You may see the same guy standing at the door greeting people the next time you go in, but he isn't driving the shopping cart train anymore.

Same concept here, complaining to Turbine about Turbine or to DDO about DDO does no good obviously, so one has to go over their head and go straight to WB Games. I am honestly of the opinion that WB Games is being kept in the dark about the poor management. As long as they can release Otto Boxes and make their sales goal, everything looks hunky dory to WB Games.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

Default Contacts for others:

As per Time Warner's website, the contact information for Warner Bros. Entertainment is as follows:

Warner Bros. Entertainment 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank, CA 91522

Phone 818.954.6000

I also use these two links weekly as well:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp This one works always so far.

http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html This one works once in a while.

Complaining to Turbine directly will do no good, but WB will notice the more people that complain to them directly ABOUT Turbine.

As there is no option for games directly, you have to click "other" at the bottom of the drop down list in the regarding section. They are quite liberal in the amount of text they allow you in the comment box, I have never been told my message is too long yet.
    Last edited by forummuleonly; 05-25-2013 at 12:36 PM.

As per Time Warner's website, the contact information for Warner Bros. Entertainment is as follows:

Phone 818.954.6000

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp This one works always so far.

http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html This one works once in a while.

Complaining to Turbine directly will do no good, but WB will notice the more people that complain to them directly ABOUT Turbine.

As there is no option for games directly, you have to click "other" at the bottom of the drop down list in the regarding section. They are quite liberal in the amount of text they allow you in the comment box, I have never been told my message is too long yet.

Thanks for the links.

Phone 818.954.6000

Awesome! Thank you!

Phone 818.954.6000

Logged into the forums just to say thanks for this & *BUMP*

Phone 818.954.6000

Thank you very much for this info.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

You couldn't have things more backwards. The evil (and life-giving money) comes from Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.

WB provides the budgets and revenue targets. And they sent Daffy Duck to Turbine to oversee/ensure the mandate is implemented according to WB policy. Cause those shareholders gotta get their growth returns no matter what!

Dudes at Turbine have to follow their marching orders. They are already over-worked, and under-resourced. We know this because of the degree of borking going on with each update.

So feel free to **** all over the dudes working 60 hours a week with little to no say on how those 60 hours are spent. Hope you feel better at the end of the day.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    You couldn't have things more backwards. The evil (and life-giving money) comes from Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd.

WB provides the budgets and revenue targets. And they sent Daffy Duck to Turbine to oversee/ensure the mandate is implemented according to WB policy. Cause those shareholders gotta get their growth returns no matter what!

Dudes at Turbine have to follow their marching orders. They are already over-worked, and under-resourced. We know this because of the degree of borking going on with each update.

So feel free to **** all over the dudes working 60 hours a week with little to no say on how those 60 hours are spent. Hope you feel better at the end of the day.
    Lol, the evil and life giving money comes from the players pockets.

And yes, I do feel better at the end of the day when complaining to Turbine themselves has done absolutely no good for several years now. I have spent way too much time beating my head against the wall with Turbine, so I will go to the next level in the chain of command.

Yes, because at the end of the day Turbine is really not to blame for their bug-ridden content or their inability to handle player problems.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

I think the more effective method might be to complain that DDO has insufficient resources, in terms of programmers and developers, compared to what is needed to maintain effective and positive forward movement in its development.

The problem, as you pointed out, is not the overworked and underpaid people working on this game, it is that they are overworked and underpaid.

Pointing out to WB that we NOTICE the way they are cheaping out on the development of this game, MIGHT (and I think it is a very small possibility) make a difference.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member

Working 60hrs a week is nothing special. They deserve no sympathy for that. If you cant handle it then resign.

Community Member

I almost never come to forums and I am not interested in listing any arguments.I am just wondering what are you smoking and how can I get some too.

SIGNUP DATE: 4/6/1789

Community Member

Default Call me.

Quote Originally Posted by Velahbbot View Post
    I almost never come to forums and I am not interested in listing any arguments.I am just wondering what are you smoking and how can I get some too.

SIGNUP DATE: 4/6/1789

Phone 818.954.6000 Give a ring with what you desire.

Thumbs up Yes!

Dude, I logged this bull**** website forum thingie meh whatever just to say that this is the best idea I have read in the forums for the past year, may not get anything but it's a good start and a pretty well aimed hit.
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Send letter to Wizards of the Coast also. D&D is their brand, and they would be not pleased if it is treated badly.

Community Member

Default Good idea but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Send letter to Wizards of the Coast also. D&D is their brand, and they would be not pleased if it is treated badly.

It might be their name, but Turbine bought the license to video game it. They may call Turbine and ask what is up, and I imagine Turbine would just tell them we have no clue or something else to put it off on the players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast