Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Update 18, as trivial and underwhelming as it is from a content standpoint, is a train wreck.

The content is very nice, update 18 holds 3 new quests, a new town, new monsters, new enchantments, augments bags, skill tomes. Nothing to be sniffed at.

True, I do see some things being piggy bagged in once again and I am wondering what the release-notes/advertisements are worth if they are filled with silence, confusion and lies.

If I look at that then all I could say is that the truth has fallen last update all ready.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    As per Time Warner's website, the contact information for Warner Bros. Entertainment is as follows:

Warner Bros. Entertainment 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank, CA 91522

Phone 818.954.6000

I also use these two links weekly as well:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp This one works always so far.

http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html This one works once in a while.

Complaining to Turbine directly will do no good, but WB will notice the more people that complain to them directly ABOUT Turbine.

As there is no option for games directly, you have to click "other" at the bottom of the drop down list in the regarding section. They are quite liberal in the amount of text they allow you in the comment box, I have never been told my message is too long yet.
    Thank you very much for this info.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The content is very nice, update 18 holds 3 new quests, a new town, new monsters, new enchantments, augments bags, skill tomes. Nothing to be sniffed at.
    2 quests and an optional 3rd if you make a purchase (Both VIP and f2p must do this). Therefore, it isn't 3 (at least not yet) because the 3rd adventure is DIRECTLY tied to the expansion, not this update (as of this post).

New Town - /ZZZzzzZZZzzz

New Monsters - Nothing bad about this (So far).

New Enchantments - Not sure what you are talking about.

Augment bags - I must admit, it's better than soon*

Skill Tomes - Really? Honestly your saying this is a bonus? The only skill worth having is UMD and they know it, why else did they sell it separate? Granted, there is nothing wrong with Turbine making a few extra $$$ but lets call it what it is.

For an update, this was seriously underwhelming. Add in the sheer amount of broken things in this update alone and I would say this is the worst update/job they have done sense I started playing.

True, I do see some things being piggy bagged in once again and I am wondering what the release-notes/advertisements are worth if they are filled with silence, confusion and lies.

If I look at that then all I could say is that the truth has fallen last update all ready.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Thank you very much for this info.
    You're welccome.

As per Time Warner's website, the contact information for Warner Bros. Entertainment is as follows:

Phone 818.954.6000

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp This one works always so far.

http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html This one works once in a while.

Complaining to Turbine directly will do no good, but WB will notice the more people that complain to them directly ABOUT Turbine.

As there is no option for games directly, you have to click "other" at the bottom of the drop down list in the regarding section. They are quite liberal in the amount of text they allow you in the comment box, I have never been told my message is too long yet.
    I don't care what anyone does with the above information, if you feel that players shouldn't be complaining to the OWNERS of the company about how the company has virtually cut their own wrists with long term players, then by all means, please use the information to give praise.

Just don't tell me I am doing something wrong for making publicly available information more accessible. If WB didn't want feedback, then I highly doubt they would have a page for doing exactly that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Thumbs up Yes!

Dude, I logged this bull**** website forum thingie meh whatever just to say that this is the best idea I have read in the forums for the past year, may not get anything but it's a good start and a pretty well aimed hit.
    Proud member of Lotusfly's squelch list!

Send letter to Wizards of the Coast also. D&D is their brand, and they would be not pleased if it is treated badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    they are overworked and underpaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    They are already over-worked, and under-resourced. We know this because of the degree of borking going on with each update.

So feel free to **** all over the dudes working 60 hours a week with little to no say on how those 60 hours are spent. Hope you feel better at the end of the day.
    How do you know Turbine employees are overworked and underpaid?

Maybe they are overpaid and too lazy to work on a cash cow.

What do you know about Turbine's management? You once saw an Executive Producer on Youtube so you think you know everything that is going on in the workplace?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I almost never come to forums and I am not interested in listing my complaints on here, but I would like to make a formal complaint to either Turbine or Time Warner about how the Dungeon and Dragons Online game is being managed and supervised. Does anyone have solid contact information in the form of a postal address I could send a formal complaint to? I am looking for something more than a blackhole of a customer service mailroom. I would like to express how disappointed I am at how this game has slowly decayed over the years.

I am not cancelling my VIP which I have had for years yet. I have paid money and avoided the free to play model for quite some time in the hope that this game will continue to improve from my regular expenditures – which I do not doubt are in the thousands of dollars between VIP on multiple accounts and regular point purchases over the years.

However, I feel like the quality of this game has done nothing but slide down the gutter lately. Mistakes and garbage constancy occur – it is obvious to me that accountability does not exist within the DDO offices at Turbine. As far as I am concerned management needs to be replaced.

SIGNUP DATE: 4/3/2006
    I hate to agree with you but the game is sliding down. My only problem is I have tried several games and I like not one of them. Even Neverwinter to me the mouselook target system was a complete Phail.

As for the accountability there never has been any here. I mean none. Think back to a time when the game was down everyday for some reasons. I am thinking around Mod 5-6.
    Going MAdD

Umm I think even posting this info is a violation of the forum rules as I have found out personally in the past. I sure do hope you don't become a victim of the retribution this forum is famous for.

You're welccome.

I don't care what anyone does with the above information, if you feel that players shouldn't be complaining to the OWNERS of the company about how the company has virtually cut their own wrists with long term players, then by all means, please use the information to give praise.

Just don't tell me I am doing something wrong for making publicly available information more accessible. If WB didn't want feedback, then I highly doubt they would have a page for doing exactly that.
    Going MAdD

Quote Originally Posted by eldrytch75 View Post
    Umm I think even posting this info is a violation of the forum rules as I have found out personally in the past. I sure do hope you don't become a victim of the retribution this forum is famous for.
    As long as this conversation doesn't come to slander or finger pointing towards DDO, Turbine, or Devs, or participants, its fine. See my sig for the EULA and TOS.

It is up to the moderator.

Default Turbine Cares?

As much as I would like to think that someone at Turbine cares and I'm sure they do, it just doesn't feel that way lately. I still stick with my opinion that DDO is the best MMO out there. Its just my experiences lately have been truly dissapointing. A generic apology from an auto response seems to be the best that Turbine can do. People are dropping like flies. Last night the game is inaccessible for over SIX hours and NOT ONE RESPONSE from a Moderator or Developer!!! The forums have been a GHOST TOWN because people have lost what it took seven years to build. Navigating through them is horrendous, and again accessing years of data seems a lost cause. GM's who don't reply to help tickets of people stuck in quests for over TWO HOURS! I would love to say that in two years this game will still be around, but I'm just not sure anyone cares enough. Honestly guys and gals! people on the forums begging for help for hours and not even a response....
    Last edited by Cynning; 05-30-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Community Member

Default Good idea but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Derailment View Post
    Send letter to Wizards of the Coast also. D&D is their brand, and they would be not pleased if it is treated badly.

It might be their name, but Turbine bought the license to video game it. They may call Turbine and ask what is up, and I imagine Turbine would just tell them we have no clue or something else to put it off on the players.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Community Member

To be honest, it's not a DDO thing. Lotro is also sliding down this way, with bugs & CS & delays (the delays are more noticable there because DDO seems to have much more regular deadlines - however the bugs are way larger here due to said deadlines), so something is up at Turbine. A new project, staff being pulled from older games, undermanned, understaffed, all of the above, who knows. There were a series of layoffs last year, so my guess is all of the above.
    Last edited by locus; 05-30-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    To be honest, it's not a DDO thing. Lotro is also sliding down this way, with bugs & CS & delays (the delays are more noticable there because DDO seems to have much more regular deadlines - however the bugs are way larger here due to said deadlines), so something is up at Turbine. A new project, staff being pulled from older games, undermanned, understaffed, all of the above, who knows. There were a series of layoffs last year, so my guess is all of the above.

It has been like this since mid/late 2009 when I started playing.

For the sake of keeping the information readily accessible:

Phone 818.954.6000

Community Member

And done for this week.

Default Thxs for the Link

Phone 818.954.6000 Give a ring with what you diesire.
    Hope The GMs are watching Official complaint sent to WB , Hope they use a 12 foot steel cap boot.

I smell grave dust and a necroed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    I smell grave dust and a necroed thread.
    I normally don't praise nrecromancers, but when I do ...

this rotten corpse may yet be turned into a useful minion ....

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

IBTL

This thread is the same old same old (well literally considering how old it is): jaded players who are no longer enjoying the game looking for a blame target, the bugs have the same frequency (normal frequency that exists in every MMO) and severity, the features actually get added at a surprising clip considering the age of this game and the seeming half dozen or so people who are actually Dev's working on it.

Hey takes one to know one, I'm becoming jaded myself, and am increasinly irritated at things I used to shrug off. I'm especially hung up on how easy it would be for them to make a Level 30 version of old raids without all the "reboot" and story and new textures and etc. just update the loot affixes and increase the Mobs' CR's and we would have a new wide end game area to play in...

As far as going over their heads goes: you should always be careful what you wish for: WB is a large Corporation they are as likely to shut down a niche game that receives lots of complaints viewing it as a "bad mark" on their corporate image as they are to devote more resources to it.

They are as likely to replace DDO managers with ex-Zynga managers as they are with people who understand D&D and what DDO is about.

They are as likely to make sweeping changes you HATE WORSE THAN ANYTHING current management has done, as they are to make sweeping changes you approve of.

What people never seem to understand (It seems like very few DDO forum goers have held a job down or worked in a corporate environment) is that there are compromises and mandates and design goals and give and take every day in an office environment. You can't walk up to your boss and say: The players and I think your ideas are rubbish and we want to undo them. You literally need pressure like Ghostbane to overturn a Producer level bad decision.

Want proof? google "DDO Solar Dawning proof"

After a year interacting with the "guys in the trenches" (Steelstar, Varg, Sev etc.) it's abundantly clear they are wholly competent, far more aware of the state of the game than anyone gives them credit for; passionate and yes also human and thus fallible. Doing the best job they can.

It's also clear that they work in a corporate environment that's more than just "what the players want" and what they want, it's what management wants and what production wants and what the designers want... They must all be a part of the daily give and take. It's also clear that some thing are off limits due to management and probably office politics, short of a ghostbane movement no amount of complaining is going to change their minds on things that require a Dev to go to a superior and say "your design is just not working".

As impossible as it may be for someone who's never worked in the corporate world to reconcile to themselves: there will always be some good and some bad. If you can't handle give and take then good luck in your quest to find the game that has none and is perfect for you.

/thread
    Last edited by IronClan; 01-03-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

There is also this point to consider:

6.LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GAME AND/OR THE GAME CLIENT OR ANY USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, DISRUPTION OF SERVICE OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GAME (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE GAME CLIENT). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. In no event shall Turbine's aggregate liability, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, exceed the total fees paid by you to Turbine during the six (6) months immediately prior to the time such claim arose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast