Community Member abrownbear9108's Avatar

Default What have you found with this Loot Boost?

post the shiny that you've found, if any, from this loot boost

pulled this in 3rd or 4th chest i opened

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by abrownbear9108 View Post

Damage mods with a save for partial effects aren't generally considered good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    Damage mods with a save for partial effects aren't generally considered good.
    Good or not, Arcane Detonation still appears to be a new one. And who's going to complain about a new way to deal Force damage given how little is resistant to it?

As for myself, U18 brought me the Gift of A Few Days Off. That is, my game launcher won't... You know... Launch. So no grinding for gear under a cumulative +4 bonus just yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Good or not, Arcane Detonation still appears to be a new one. And who's going to complain about a new way to deal Force damage given how little is resistant to it?

As for myself, U18 brought me the Gift of A Few Days Off. That is, my game launcher won't... You know... Launch. So no grinding for gear under a cumulative +4 bonus just yet.
    The Arcane Detonation suffix has been in the game since update 15. It might have a high potential like Obscenity, only appearing in high level, loot boosted random lists. This suffix suffers from the same drawbacks of the other save for half damage elemental bursts. They are only good for up to EN or maybe EH quests before the mobs start saving too often. To be considered worth it's potential level, a weapon would at least have be useful in the corresponding content to be worth using over something else.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    The Arcane Detonation suffix has been in the game since update 15. It might have a high potential like Obscenity, only appearing in high level, loot boosted random lists. This suffix suffers from the same drawbacks of the other save for half damage elemental bursts. They are only good for up to EN or maybe EH quests before the mobs start saving too often. To be considered worth it's potential level, a weapon would at least have be useful in the corresponding content to be worth using over something else.
    Yeah, I see your point. I mean, who would want 7-45 Force damage in a radius effect anyway when there's so much that resists Force damage?

Sarcasm aside, I get that at high levels that's chump change damage, but it's better than nothing, and some Demonweb critters seem to take extra damage from Force attacks.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Yeah, I see your point. I mean, who would want 7-45 Force damage in a radius effect anyway when there's so much that resists Force damage?

Sarcasm aside, I get that at high levels that's chump change damage, but it's better than nothing, and some Demonweb critters seem to take extra damage from Force attacks.
    Because since it only occurs on a 20 (5% of the time) it's only an average of 1.2 damage per attack on a save. Better than nothing is a silly argument when you can easily get something better from the weapon vendor in eveningstar.

well i found nothin yet. after spend two +2 loot gems, and farming 23+ lvl quests on EE, and some EN and EH Von 3... not a single scroll, not anythin.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by abrownbear9108 View Post

Sorry, thats vendor trash
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER