Community Member

Default Web of Chaos Epic Drop Rates?...still

Still a bit confused about epic drop rates for web of Chaos chain. I am looking for seals. U18 says Seals are available in all end chests. Wiki repeats this in first sentence then says Seals are only available in 1st four chests of LOD not in end chest in the second paragraph. U18 release doesn't say anything about fixing the no drop on EH/EE bug. They say drop rates have been increased in Spinner at all levels, but specifically say that under "Spinner" heading not under general WOC heading.
    Anyone have actual answers on seal drop rates?

Community Member

Default Seal/shard drop rate

I have had 2 seals in Spinners only on EN with just two of us in party ran it prob 10 times since 18.2 was suppose to fix the shard drop. Tried EH whole chain, with 4 in party, as far as I can remember no seals or shards dropped in the quests. I'm not ransacking it every week but this still does not look good that anything has changed other than spinners is not bugged.

I did Spinner of Shadows eH with a full group earlier tonight, and had 2 seals drop in the end chest.

Community Member

i pulled a cruel nobility in EN yesterday. didn't think taht was supposed to happen.

Community Member

Default I give up

I've given up trying to get shards from these quests. Lost count how many times I've run these with no shards dropping.

What is old is old and what is new.... We can charge money for
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkthemonk View Post
    Still a bit confused about epic drop rates for web of Chaos chain. I am looking for seals. U18 says Seals are available in all end chests. Wiki repeats this in first sentence then says Seals are only available in 1st four chests of LOD not in end chest in the second paragraph. U18 release doesn't say anything about fixing the no drop on EH/EE bug. They say drop rates have been increased in Spinner at all levels, but specifically say that under "Spinner" heading not under general WOC heading.
    Anyone have actual answers on seal drop rates?
    You should go by the release notes, I find them to describe was I have actually seen to be true in the quests – and I have farmed all three quite a bit lately to see if I could get some of the blasted bow/repeater seals. For the curious, no I haven’t dropped any of them yet, but seen one in a chest.
    On EH a drop rate of about 15% as stated is about what I see, thats about one seal or shard per chest. I find this to be very close to what I see, also it means you on average will be doing 6 or 7 completions solo before you see anything. Best bet is to get some friends help you get what you are looking for.
    Good luck on your farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)