I am about to TR my wizard into a favored soul and am curious if this build would work.
I am not really interested in "endgame" playing, but it would be nice if I could run EH content with this guy (in a group..don't need to be able to solo most stuff).
Goals of the build:
- Raid healer
- Decent spell dps, using blade barrier mostly. Also considering necro spells for instakilling
- Ok DR and melee damage for when I run out of magic - I want to sword and board mostly since I will have concopp
Here's the layout of the build, I can't figure out how to export with the generator I used, so please bear with me :/
Human, 34 point build
Diety: the one that lets me use longswords
Feats (in a not very specific order):
- Shield Mastery
- Quicken Spell
- Improved Shield Mastery
- Empower Healing
- Spell focus & Improved spell focus (either necromancy or evocation)
Here are my main questions:
1) Is it worth dropping con and wis to 16 in order to have a slightly higher str, dex, and int (thinking I'll drop at least int to 8 because with a +2 tome I could fill UMD, concentration, jump, and had some points in heal)
2) Do the feats look reasonable? and Which spell line do you prefer?
3) If you are still reading, and trying to respond to my post, you are a warrior of this stupid new forum system!