Community Member

Default *** is wrong with this game??

i havent been able to log in for the past 2-3 days get ur **** in order people pay to play and this happens ***

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricalmage View Post
    i havent been able to log in for the past 2-3 days get ur **** in order people pay to play and this happens ***
    Anything specific happen when you try to log in? I'm sure there would be an outcry if there was an outage effecting a large number of people.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Anything specific happen when you try to log in? I'm sure there would be an outcry if there was an outage effecting a large number of people.
    i start up the loader, logg in, everything loads up, says world is online, i get to the character menu an dtry to log on, the bar loads 100% then tells me the connection has been lost?

Community Member

I am having exactly the same issue since U18.
    Connecting to server, getting to character selection, entering the world but as soon as I load in I can see the red broken link and the message "Lost Connection to the server" pops up.

I seem to be having the exact same issue with those guys from LOTRO : http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ce-RoR-release
    (They haven't found a reliable fix there -I tried lowering the graphics)

I have tried to log with 4 chars in 4 different servers (Khyber, Cannith, Sarlona and Ghallanda). Surprisingly, in Sarlona I am able to play just fine. So, since I am able to play at least in a server and I had absolutely no trouble playing before U18, it most likely has something to do with U18.

P.S. I doubt that this thread will get any attention due to its title...

Same issue here - quickly loads, server auto chooses Sarlona, choose character OK, goes to the loading screen and then it will actually load the game but the red broken link is always up top and eventually a "Connection to the server has been lost" window pops up. Had NO trouble prior to R.18. Have a second laptop system here that is running fine on Win 7. This is a desktop running XP. I have followed all instructions about opening ports, I have tried resetting the graphics on the login page, I have made sure that my C++ is OK. I've attempted to login probably 20 times or more since R.18 came out last week.

So, I have no connection issues because I can easily connect and play wirelessly from the laptop. This desktop is wired into the router. I can only think that it's something between XP and the new release but I am no computer guru and have no clue at this point what to do. It's only a problem because my son and I cannot play at the same time and that's just not promoting good father/son time

I've seen plenty of others having similar issues, so it would be great if there were any other suggestions that might be floating around......regardless of the original thread title.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schleprock45 View Post
    Same issue here - quickly loads, server auto chooses Sarlona, choose character OK, goes to the loading screen and then it will actually load the game but the red broken link is always up top and eventually a "Connection to the server has been lost" window pops up. Had NO trouble prior to R.18. Have a second laptop system here that is running fine on Win 7. This is a desktop running XP. I have followed all instructions about opening ports, I have tried resetting the graphics on the login page, I have made sure that my C++ is OK. I've attempted to login probably 20 times or more since R.18 came out last week.

So, I have no connection issues because I can easily connect and play wirelessly from the laptop. This desktop is wired into the router. I can only think that it's something between XP and the new release but I am no computer guru and have no clue at this point what to do. It's only a problem because my son and I cannot play at the same time and that's just not promoting good father/son time

I've seen plenty of others having similar issues, so it would be great if there were any other suggestions that might be floating around......regardless of the original thread title.
    agreed...a week later and no fix...ppl are slacking

Community Member

I can only think that it's something between XP and the new release but I am no computer guru and have no clue at this point what to do.
    My Desktop (that loses connection) is Win 7.
    And have no idea why I can log with a character (my rogue on Sarlona) and can't log with my others (on other servers). I'm thinking the server is the one kicking me out. If that's true though, you wouldn't be able to play that character on your laptop. Maybe it's a combination of something on the computer with something on the character? Who knows... *prays to the god of coding*

Let's hope they'll answer to my support ticket soon.

i start up the loader, logg in, everything loads up, says world is online, i get to the character menu an dtry to log on, the bar loads 100% then tells me the connection has been lost?
    Ah, thats an old issue that has come back again. It started happening again for me around U17.1. I can get all the way to character selection, but the character loads with a red connection bar that indicates I am not getting data from the servers. However, in a CMD window, I can ping the servers just fine.

For me its worse from a cold game start. If I have played recently and/or the launcher is still in my quick bar, the character loads fine. I have found its fastest to close the game normally when I see the red connection, and the next attempt to log in will go perfectly.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

yes i know this issue i have had this problem ever since update 17 patch 1. same with my fan freaking out only while playing ddo. constant lag freezes. or not responding on numerous windows like harbor market character screen shroud airship now.

as for the toon issue. if you dc close your program then restart. its really annoying but you should load in just fine next log in

Community Member

Close it in what manner?
    1. Wait for the pop-up to tell you "Connection has been lost", click "OK", wait for the program to free all memory, start it again --> log in fine (didn't work)
    2. Once in immediately quit from options. Wait for the client to free all memory (sometimes it gets stuck and doesn't exit at all), start again --> log in fine (didn't work either --also checked the log file to make sure I didn't get my disconnect before I closed)
    3. Once in, terminate the process from Task Manager. Start again --> log in fine (didn't work)
    4. Before even getting in, once the bar starts loading, terminate from task manager. Start again --> log in fine (didn't work)

It's fun that everyone is trying some hocus pocus to make it work (meaning that finally working doesn't mean that it was due to that hocus pocus). If only we knew at what part of the startup process we or the server decided to terminate the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Close it in what manner?
    1. Wait for the pop-up to tell you "Connection has been lost", click "OK", wait for the program to free all memory, start it again --> log in fine (didn't work)
    2. Once in immediately quit from options. Wait for the client to free all memory (sometimes it gets stuck and doesn't exit at all), start again --> log in fine (didn't work either --also checked the log file to make sure I didn't get my disconnect before I closed)
    3. Once in, terminate the process from Task Manager. Start again --> log in fine (didn't work)
    4. Before even getting in, once the bar starts loading, terminate from task manager. Start again --> log in fine (didn't work)

It's fun that everyone is trying some hocus pocus to make it work (meaning that finally working doesn't mean that it was due to that hocus pocus). If only we knew at what part of the startup process we or the server decided to terminate the connection.
    For me, it would be option #1. I can wait the 5 min or so (thats what it feels like, I haven't timed it) for it to tell me the connection was lost, or I can close the client from the menu as soon as the game world appears. I usually appear in the game world (public instance or Guild ship) and I cant move. I will have a red connection box. Either method seems to make the client close normally for me, and it behaves normally when I log back in. Normally meaning like it always does, anyway.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    For me, it would be option #1. I can wait the 5 min or so (thats what it feels like, I haven't timed it) for it to tell me the connection was lost, or I can close the client from the menu as soon as the game world appears. I usually appear in the game world (public instance or Guild ship) and I cant move. I will have a red connection box. Either method seems to make the client close normally for me, and it behaves normally when I log back in. Normally meaning like it always does, anyway.
    This usually worked for me PRIOR to R.18 - one login attempt, fail, exit, reload and away we play. Something changed on the coding side because nothing changed on my end. Hope we get an answer.

This usually worked for me PRIOR to R.18 - one login attempt, fail, exit, reload and away we play. Something changed on the coding side because nothing changed on my end. Hope we get an answer.
    had this problem suddenly start today. I've had the first log in problem for a while now, but now every log in times out after character load.