Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Double Rainbow's chance to trigger is unchanged.

As with most updates Double Rainbow's large list of effects has had some new additions, and some effects now have different chances of triggering, including possibly zero percent chance.
    While we appreciate your reply... and appreciate you were trying to be cute... it just comes off as annoying taunting the way you did it.

Zero is removed. Say what is removed. In fact, why don't you follow a LONG D&D tradition going back to AD&D 1.0 and actually tell us what the chances for each effect are. It would be a fascinating look behind the curtain and would be useful information to people. More information is good. Stops stupid rumours too.

Double Rainbow's chance to trigger is unchanged.

As with most updates Double Rainbow's large list of effects has had some new additions, and some effects now have different chances of triggering, including possibly zero percent chance.
    The way I read this, it says:

The spell will go off and trigger just as often as it always did..
    HOWEVER...

You have added some new effects and *(removed entirely) some.
    * removed entirely means it was given a zero percent chance of going off, therefore for all intents and purposes it was removed.

That sound about right?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    * removed entirely means it was given a zero percent chance of going off, therefore for all intents and purposes it was removed.
    That sound about right?
    Round to the nearest percent value, and use 2nd ed tables. Remember how rolling a 100 would move you to the 2nd table. The chances to get those effects then, once you figure it out (and esp of there is a 3rd table) start hitting (rounded) zero pretty fast.

You can probably use the other forums to ask about what data is now contained in those tables, just like random loot generation was examined.

Community Member

including possibly zero percent chance.
    so they have been removed. just say it. be honest. This kind of post makes players not trust you.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Was about time. Ridiculous stuff is ridiculous. And they were also messing up things in Raids, e.g. EE Fot.
    So they removed the Shiradi procs when people complain that it was OP. But I see the Primal Avatar Tree glitch is still alive and well as of this writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    They have different chances including possibly zero percent chance?

Come on man, catch a grip. Less of the great unknowable black box garbage. Just spell it out and be done with it. What are the chances? Are the chances randomly allocated when you switch on the stance? Just cut to the chase and stop messing us about.

After the **** we've had to endure with these forums recently and the lack of communication from you guys, it's the least you can do.

Should we also be asking why none of this was explained in the release notes?
    I believe it's their way of doing business, every update they make a few fixes that we know about when they post them in the release notes then they turn around and make "ninja changes" (making changes under our noses and not including them in the release notes). What is the point or reasoning to this? None. If you're going to make changes, include all of them in the release notes. Be straight forward and honest with your customers and come to some sort of compromise. Because if you keep d***ing them around you will lose their support and trust which in turn will cost you money. And cause more people to stop playing in general. Make the customers happy, because without the customers and their support this game would not exist.

Anyways, these things are easy fixes instead of completing removing them. Making the effects disappear on mobs when the caster has died. (It works the other way around.) And can make the procs uneffected by spell power whatsoever. Not OP and more somewhat balance.

Tree glitch? Easy way to fix that. Have the person who's under tree form attack while running auto stop and swing. Easy fix.
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 05-24-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Honestly, I can't believe Varg posted in a thread that is clearly just an excuse to whine. However, I can believe that after his post explaining Double Rainbow (which is operating under the exact same principle as it always has) you are all still whining about it AND are now whining about getting a dev response.

Wipe the tears from your eyes long enough to actually read his response and you'll see that he's not being pithy, he's describing what was changed in the most accurate terms. Several new effects were added. The percent chance for different effects to occur was adjusted. Several of the possible effects have had their chance to occur adjusted to or kept at 0%. The effects were not removed, they are just waiting for future updates when their chance to occur is raised back up.

Additionally, this isn't a nerf, the chance for each effect of double rainbow to occur has been adjusted in this exact same way every update since EDs released.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BladeZero View Post
    Several of the possible effects have had their chance to occur adjusted to or kept at 0%. The effects were not removed.
    sorry if it cant happen in game this is removed from the game. I don't even have a toon in this ED, but it is a nerf if it removes thing from in game and lesser effects are put in its place. I have no idea how this could not be seen as removed. I don't care if the code was left in place for the future, it is no longer in the game.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Community Member

Honestly, I can't believe Varg posted in a thread that is clearly just an excuse to whine. However, I can believe that after his post explaining Double Rainbow (which is operating under the exact same principle as it always has) you are all still whining about it AND are now whining about getting a dev response.

Wipe the tears from your eyes long enough to actually read his response and you'll see that he's not being pithy, he's describing what was changed in the most accurate terms. Several new effects were added. The percent chance for different effects to occur was adjusted. Several of the possible effects have had their chance to occur adjusted to or kept at 0%. The effects were not removed, they are just waiting for future updates when their chance to occur is raised back up.

Additionally, this isn't a nerf, the chance for each effect of double rainbow to occur has been adjusted in this exact same way every update since EDs released.
    First off, not whining about it just wanted an explanation about it. Asking for an explaination does not equal to whining. And from what you are saying, reducing some effects of double rainbow to 0% from an actual percentage, like it was before is not a nerf. Hmmm interesting. You still like Meld into Darkness and the Tree Form atk glitch?
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 05-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtp View Post
    sorry if it cant happen in game this is removed from the game. I don't even have a toon in this ED, but it is a nerf if it removes thing from in game and lesser effects are put in its place. I have no idea how this could not be seen as removed. I don't care if the code was left in place for the future, it is no longer in the game.
    Exactly. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by emtp View Post
    You might not care that the code was left in place, but the fact that it is still in place is exactly the reason why he said "chance to occur is at 0%" and not "was removed from the game."

People still seem to be missing or are willfully ignoring the point that Double Rainbow effects change with each update, that is what it does. Some updates it has effects that people like more than other updates, but that is how the nature of random and changing effects works. I am sure if you wait an update or two you will once again be able to lay dead on the ground for an hour while you watch Lailat die.
    Last edited by BladeZero; 05-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Community Member

Ok, with most things 'vast and mysterious' is just bad business.

But double rainbow and Shiradi as a whole is supposed to be random. She's not the Mad Queen for nothing. Part of what I love about Shiradi is that it's incredibly random. The bonus procs being random make the game more fun and I for one wouldn't be bothered if the bonus procs had a larger list and every log on randomized your chances of proc'ing each of them. Double rainbow should be powerful and I don't think it's lost enough power (if any) to complain about a nerf here. I just don't think we should ever know what the Mad Queen is thinking.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

You might not care that the code was left in place, but the fact that it is still in place is exactly the reason why he said "chance to occur is at 0%" and not "was removed from the game."

You still seem to be missing or are willfully ignoring the point that Double Rainbow effects change with each update, that is what it does. Some updates it has effects that people like more than other updates, but that is how the nature of random and changing effects works. I am sure if you wait an update or two you will once again be able to lay dead on the ground for an hour while you watch Lailat die.
    No not ignoring the that Double Rainbow effects change with each update. But people complain that it is OP and devs reduce the % chance to zero so it still be technically in the game but the proc doesn't go off whatsoever. You might be right that it maybe brought back in an update or two. Whenever that may occur, me and my 850 HP PM will still be standing while everything else just drops dead. But yeah doing 1,3k+ dots per tick with a dot alone is a bit too much hehehe. ;D
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 05-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Was about time. Ridiculous stuff is ridiculous. And they were also messing up things in Raids, e.g. EE Fot.
    but constantly refreshing training dummy buffs was so neat! :P (Be in a quest or raid and every couple of seconds get a fresh ship buff! hilarious.....)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    but constantly refreshing training dummy buffs was so neat! :P (Be in a quest or raid and every couple of seconds get a fresh ship buff! hilarious.....)
    Yeah that was pretty funny. When it first happened to me, I was like "Umm I wonder what caused that? hehehe " Lol Good times.
    Last edited by XxJFGxX; 05-24-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Community Member

I love the suggestions of how "easy" it is to fix several things in this thread. A lot of armchair programmers up in here.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    I love the suggestions of how "easy" it is to fix several things in this thread. A lot of armchair programmers up in here.
    Reason why I say it's easy is because it is easy to fix if the devs what to.

Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    Honestly, considering the bugs that come through, I don't even know what changes are intentional and what changes are bugs (and what "intentional" changes are bugs slapped with WAI). Everything I've heard about DDO's code leads me to believe it's probably extremely difficult to change things...not because it actually should be, but because it sounds like the code's an absolute mess.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

It's no surprise to me that Shiradi is being Nerf'd. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone else.

Face it they are way over powered and everyone knows it. I expect more nerfs to come.
    Hence why I haven't bothered to play one... Felt that Nerf was coming...

Only thing I don't agree with is Blind Nerf's!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone000 View Post
    It's no surprise to me that Shiradi is being Nerf'd. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone else.

Face it they are way over powered and everyone knows it. I expect more nerfs to come.

This is both a minor nerf (perma-dots are nice additional DPS, but only additional DPS - it's inane to try soloing something with just perma-dots)...furthermore, and a stupid nerf, honestly. The lasting issue of changes needing to be made to content to make other options more valid still have yet to happen, and now other options have been FURTHER nerfed by MORE bugs that may or may not be fixed in the near future (if the wail bug and any number of other bugs are something to go by, they MAY be fixed by the expansion).

Seems EVERYTHING was nerfed from orbit...Shiradi was just powerful enough to take less of a hit. >_>
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone000 View Post

Oh yes Shiradi is SO OP. But being a FvS in primal avatar using the shoulder cannon to keep full spirits while using an attack glitch (strafe fighting) in tree form to squash EE mobs in a matter of secs is perfectly fine. Nothing OP about that. Interesting.... >.>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast