Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie_2010 View Post
    • Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability
    Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

Thanks Dev for confirming this.

ONE more question. Do ALL classes as Bladeforged get the Recon SLA? Or only if you go Paladin?

So, if I roll a 15/3/2 Bladeforged Pally/Ranger/Monk will I be able to use reconstruct SLA?
    From the email-reply-typing hands of the dev working on it: It’s part of the new Racial Enhancements that Bladeforged will get in U19. It doesn’t require Paladin levels.

As always: Standard disclaimer that anything still being worked on can change.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks for the clarification on this
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    From the email-reply-typing hands of the dev working on it: It’s part of the new Racial Enhancements that Bladeforged will get in U19. It doesn’t require Paladin levels.

I guess the above is also confirmation that the new enhancements are TARGETED for U19. Which apparently is targeted at August 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I guess the above is also confirmation that the new enhancements are TARGETED for U19. Which apparently is targeted at August 19th.
    Great, new content but everyone will be too busy trying to redo their enhancement and LRing to fix dead builds to be able to quest for a couple days lol

Community Member

yeah another bait and switch. You can play bladeforged but their key abilities aren't in game yet way to go.................this is not an honest way to work I am getting tried of the bs shoveld over bugs and this that are promised.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Thanks for the reply, BUT, it's unfortunate that NONE of the lamma feedback was listened to. Still -10% healing hit, Still too many mass repairs instead of something useful, Still non-optimal stat point and skill point distribution. Why bother asking for feedback, then getting nearly unanimously similar suggestions, and then ignoring it all and just releasing it as is anyways? Honestly, just shut Lamma down already, it's just causing us to have unreasonable expectations.

Community Member

So all Bladeforged are going to get reconstruct regardless of class? I missed that before. That's a great and powerful ability, but it kind of makes the default class of paladin a complete noob trap. After all healing spells are pretty much what pallies have over fighters. Seems like it would make more sense to add it to the 4th level paladin spell list.

But whatev, the whole no TRing into or out of thing means I'm never going to play one. Four toons is already probably too many for me, the idea of gearing another toon from scratch just sound exhausting.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    So all Bladeforged are going to get reconstruct regardless of class? I missed that before. That's a great and powerful ability, but it kind of makes the default class of paladin a complete noob trap. After all healing spells are pretty much what pallies have over fighters. Seems like it would make more sense to add it to the 4th level paladin spell list.

But whatev, the whole no TRing into or out of thing means I'm never going to play one. Four toons is already probably too many for me, the idea of gearing another toon from scratch just sound exhausting.
    The developer diary indicated they will eventually be able to LR and then TR but just not at launch.

Sweet. The new iconic Bladesworn already look very cool. Rolled one up last night and have been playing with it and I really enjoy it so far just with the repair spells and bladesworn transformation.

Trying to figure out a way to boost repair SP.. maybe splash some arti, sorc, or wizard.

Community Member

Bait and switch. You should be ashamed advertising one thing very clearly and then pretending its not a failure to deliver.
    The diary remains unchanged so there is still no mention that those abilities are not part of the pre-purchase. So the misleading info remains. http://www.ddo.com/en/articles/u18-i...eveloper-diary

What you should do is admit the mistake (you sort of did), amend the diary to show that the abilities are _not_ ready yet and give everyone that already pre-purchased 1000 tp as compensation. I didnt pre-purchase (yet) so I wont benifit myself from this - I just find it the right thing to do.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 05-29-2013 at 07:06 AM.

There was an unfortunate miscommunication that led Bladeforged abilities coming in the Shadowfell Conspiracy to be put into the dev diary without clarification that the abilities would be available upon the expansion's release (which understandably led folks to believe that they would be available on their Bladeforged characters upon the release of Update 18.)

(...)
    lol!

Community Member

Default When will Bladeforged be able to use the existing enhancements?

There was an unfortunate miscommunication that led Bladeforged abilities coming in the Shadowfell Conspiracy to be put into the dev diary without clarification that the abilities would be available upon the expansion's release (which understandably led folks to believe that they would be available on their Bladeforged characters upon the release of Update 18.)

The following abilities WILL be available on your Bladeforged characters when the Shadowfell Conspiracy is released:

• Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability
    Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).
    • Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.
    • Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:
    +20% Action Boost bonus to weapon damage.
    +30 Action Boost bonus to Universal Spell Power.
    +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.
    +10 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.

As stated in the game, Bladeforged should currently get:

• Your strong faith increases the strength of your Paladin Aura of Good, giving +2 Armor Class and +1 to all saving throws.
    • Blade Absorption: You take -10% Slashing damage. When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 stacking PRR for three seconds (up to +20 PRR). Stacks fade 1 at a time as metal bits fall off.
    • Your positive healing is reduced -10% compared to other Warforged (-5% starting positive damage vulnerability).
    • Your combat abilities on behalf of the Warforged race grants you the following magic as you gain Paladin spell levels:
      • ?Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Moderate Damage
      • Mass Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Serious Damage
      • Mass Repair Moderate Damage
      • Repair Critical Damage
      • Mass Repair Serious Damage

Additionally, Bladeforged trade their -2 CHA modifier at character creation for a -2 DEX modifier. They also get the typical warforged bonuses and protections.
    My BF was not able to train in the repir spellpower line past level 1, and could not train several other things he qualified for such as energy of the templar, etc either :/ What are the plans for addressing these issues?

Thank you so very much for this response, it really is appreciated!

I would like to add though= this should be an auto granted ability or feat at a specific character level. To be honest if all of the iconic characters will require enhancement points in order to buy the only perks of playing them in the first place, you will see very few sales of these characters. Lets really sit back and take a look at Iconics to really see the issue.

Cons of Iconics=
    1. No TR
    2. No race option
    3. Must take 1st level as X class (messes with many builds)

Pros of Iconics=
    1. Start at level 15

If there special abilities require enhancement points then that is really it.

Lets try again=

Cons of Iconics=
    1. No TR
    2. No race option

Pros of Iconics=
    1. Start at level 15
    2. Get several unique abilities for free

Now they start to seem like an option. With the new enhancement system enhancement points will be as precious as gold, and will Iconic abilities seem interesting (if free) requiring these rare and precious points will make them extremely rare, hurting DDO revenue and new player influx.

Please reconsider current system.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    .....snip....

Cons of Iconics=

2. No race option

Lets try again=

Cons of Iconics=

2. No race option

Please reconsider current system.

Never one to defend Turbine or Devs right off the bat, but how about we understand that an "Iconic" is going to be --"pre-assembled"-- to some degree, otherwise its just another race.

If not clear enough lets assume Disney releases "a new princess" but you the customer can make her a 480 lb Male Bearded Dwarf, because you have a right to your creativity.....

Are we clear yet?

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123