Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    I bought the Bladeforged for the 2 abilities=

Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability

Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

and

Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.

Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:
    +20% Action Boost bonus to weapon damage.
    +30 Action Boost bonus to Universal Spell Power.
    +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.
    +10 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.

But they are BOTH MISSING! What gives? I bought the pack assuming they had these abilities, Dev comment please.
    Maybe someone already answered this, but these were clearly stated as coming out once the enhancement pass is released live. So yes, at the moment, the bladeforged is lacking a key set of abilities which would really make it a lot more appealing. It appears to be an example of rushed product delivery without completion. The bladeforged as released is more of a preview. I wouldn't recommend putting a lot of work into one just yet until the enhancement pass is live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    We're also missing mass repairs at level 15 so those should be coming in later levels as well.
    There were mass repair spells in my list.

What is missing for me is the ability to spend AP on the Repair Manipulation line. It shows as not available, yet in the text it says it's available to Bladeforged level 1 and does not show any requirements in red.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Maybe someone already answered this, but these were clearly stated as coming out once the enhancement pass is released live. So yes, at the moment, the bladeforged is lacking a key set of abilities which would really make it a lot more appealing. It appears to be an example of rushed product delivery without completion. The bladeforged as released is more of a preview. I wouldn't recommend putting a lot of work into one just yet until the enhancement pass is live.
    I don't remember seeing it stated that they were coming out with the enhancement pass but that would make sense. I mean why bother adding new enhancements for a new race/class when the entire system is being changed 'soon'. I HAVE noticed that my BF Palaadin is getting a special buff that appears in the upper left and seems to stack. Something about +1 PRR but it goes away pretty darn quick.I'm not that concerned right now, I am enjoying the character althought I would enjoy it a lot more if spinner of shadows wasn't borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Giffen View Post
    Are those repair spells/abilities tied to staying a Paladin or are they tied to the Bladeforged race? Or is Bladeforged not really the race? I'm a bit confused. I made a bladeforged paladin and did the level up to 15 and saw how as he got spells that none of the repair spells were shown in the spell list as the character was in the leveling process...but after I was done leveling they showed up. That seems to add credence to the theory that they are innate to the bladeforged and not to just making him a paladin.

I guess I should go in game and test it <shrug>

When I was on Lam... I made a 12 RNG/7 ROG/1 PAL Bladeforge just to see if it would be just as horrible as my WF 12RNG/7ROG/1 FTR... and received no Repair spells... **edit: [ and yes I was relieved to find out that he was just as bad. ]**

Repair spells were all there when I did a 20 BF PAL... Repair seemed to be tied to Paladin levels which would make Bladeforges kinda useless except if you were going Paladin with it... and I never saw the Communions or Power of the Forge although I may have missed them as they might have been tied to the New Enhancements which were not up at the time I built them, the current enhancements were up.

It seems they are flip-flopping on whether or not you'll be able to TR them now, or if you'll be able to go without Paladin at all on a Bladeforge...

all I took from the devs explaining the Iconics http://www.ddo.com/en/articles/u18-i...eveloper-diary

was there are 4 people who have no clue...

let's build characters with a story of a... past... yeah that's it a past,
    then we'll add some features to them to make them... well... different,
    then for appearances add some shiny armor/blades to a WF - some human pin-cushion rogues with retro 70's punk hair styles - the long lost Human skinned Half-Orc Purple Dragon Knights and after wearing themselves out of ideas... just re-hashed the same ol' elves [you all can relax... they didn't alter the butt-ugly males] for the Morninglords.
    But as foreseeing the long term playable of these characters... well... we think they look and sound cool... you know.
    Last edited by Moonsickle; 05-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, 10hp/caster level is the standard description of Reconstruct. It's not some special new ability. It's just the standard reconstruct ability.

Second, I wasn't arguing what I think it should or shouldn't be. You're welcome to disagree but I was telling you how things actually are. I have a 15 bladeforged paladin. The repair spells are in their paladin spell list. I can't confirm that reconstruct gets added at 20 paladin but that would be my guess based on the rest of the implementation.
    The repair spells are tied to pally, as was stated a few times by devs in the bladeforged lama thread.

Reconstruct is a level 6 spell, and should be granted at level 12, not 20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The repair spells are tied to pally, as was stated a few times by devs in the bladeforged lama thread.Reconstruct is a level 6 spell, and should be granted at level 12, not 20.
    Paladins don't get level 6 spells, level 4 is where they top out.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

gonna try to roll one for fun...
    Faulken - Feylune - Lhasa - Rakoon - Runestone - Armorer
    Marauder - Orien

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    Paladins don't get level 6 spells, level 4 is where they top out.
    for sorcs/wiz reconstruct is a lvl6 spell, for bladeforged, it would be a 3rd or 4th if we go by other spells like repair mass serious (bladeforge it is considered 4th lvl, and its 7th level for sorcs/wiz).

bladeforge should definately get reconstruct, pretty sure the bladeforged from house cannith quests have it, it'd be alot more useful then say mass repair serious (honestly dont think I'd use any of the mass spells since we dont got a pet, and the SP cost is insane with how little SP bladeforge get) so if they switched it out I'd be happy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    for sorcs/wiz reconstruct is a lvl6 spell, for bladeforged, it would be a 3rd or 4th if we go by other spells like repair mass serious (bladeforge it is considered 4th lvl, and its 7th level for sorcs/wiz).

bladeforge should definately get reconstruct, pretty sure the bladeforged from house cannith quests have it, it'd be alot more useful then say mass repair serious (honestly dont think I'd use any of the mass spells since we dont got a pet, and the SP cost is insane with how little SP bladeforge get) so if they switched it out I'd be happy.
    Yeah, 15th level paladins start with 4th level spell slots, and I didn't see reconstruct there.

But I believe the text mentioned it as a 'spell-like ability' which would imply an enhancement, which means probably delayed until the 'enhancement revamp'.

Fleshy Paladins top out at like cure serious or w/e it is. I would expect Bladesworn Pallys to top out at repair serious. Fleshies dont get HEAL as a spell and I woudlnt expect them to get reconstruct.

The down side to me at least is that the fleshies get the healing amp line but the blades dont get the repair line.

Bladeforged

Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability
    Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).
    Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.
    Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:
    +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.

Community Member

Any news on this? Why are the not there? How were people that dont follow Lama **** suposed to know these abilities wont be released???

DEVS pls, I want my money back.

Community Member

Bladeforged, as they are now, are worse than a 28 point build. They are **** without recon.

Another case of money-grabbing lies by Turbine. I don't even know why I keep supporting this steaming turd pile of a game.

Yeah I saw that too Saty- maybe they'll give fleshies heal ability also. I duno, there are a LOT of bugs in this latest update.

Again, can we please have a Dev comment on this?!?

I can imagine that there were plenty of people who purchased the Expansion based on being able to play a Bladeforged character with the 2 unique abilities it was advertised with. I am sure there are still people buying the Expansion as I type to have access to this race, and without a clue as to why these abilities are not there after leveling-up to 15.

We need to know whether or not this is WAI.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

There was an unfortunate miscommunication that led Bladeforged abilities coming in the Shadowfell Conspiracy to be put into the dev diary without clarification that the abilities would be available upon the expansion's release (which understandably led folks to believe that they would be available on their Bladeforged characters upon the release of Update 18.)

The following abilities WILL be available on your Bladeforged characters when the Shadowfell Conspiracy is released:

• Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability
    • Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.
    • Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:

As stated in the game, Bladeforged should currently get:

• Your strong faith increases the strength of your Paladin Aura of Good, giving +2 Armor Class and +1 to all saving throws.
    • Blade Absorption: You take -10% Slashing damage. When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 stacking PRR for three seconds (up to +20 PRR). Stacks fade 1 at a time as metal bits fall off.
    • Your positive healing is reduced -10% compared to other Warforged (-5% starting positive damage vulnerability).
    • Your combat abilities on behalf of the Warforged race grants you the following magic as you gain Paladin spell levels:
      • ?Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Moderate Damage
      • Mass Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Serious Damage
      • Mass Repair Moderate Damage
      • Repair Critical Damage
      • Mass Repair Serious Damage

Additionally, Bladeforged trade their -2 CHA modifier at character creation for a -2 DEX modifier. They also get the typical warforged bonuses and protections.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There was an unfortunate miscommunication that led Bladeforged abilities coming in the Shadowfell Conspiracy to be put into the dev diary without clarification that the abilities would be available upon the expansion's release (which understandably led folks to believe that they would be available on their Bladeforged characters upon the release of Update 18.)

The following abilities WILL be available on your Bladeforged characters when the Shadowfell Conspiracy is released:

• Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.
    • Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:

As stated in the game, Bladeforged should currently get:

• Your strong faith increases the strength of your Paladin Aura of Good, giving +2 Armor Class and +1 to all saving throws.
    • Blade Absorption: You take -10% Slashing damage. When you take Slashing damage, you gain +1 stacking PRR for three seconds (up to +20 PRR). Stacks fade 1 at a time as metal bits fall off.
    • Your positive healing is reduced -10% compared to other Warforged (-5% starting positive damage vulnerability).
    • Your combat abilities on behalf of the Warforged race grants you the following magic as you gain Paladin spell levels:
      • ?Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Moderate Damage
      • Mass Repair Light Damage
      • Repair Serious Damage
      • Mass Repair Moderate Damage
      • Repair Critical Damage
      • Mass Repair Serious Damage

Additionally, Bladeforged trade their -2 CHA modifier at character creation for a -2 DEX modifier. They also get the typical warforged bonuses and protections.
    What I figured thanks for the confirmation.

Turbine - We do it on the second try - usually!
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Community Member

Thanks Dev for confirming this.

ONE more question. Do ALL classes as Bladeforged get the Recon SLA? Or only if you go Paladin?

So, if I roll a 15/3/2 Bladeforged Pally/Ranger/Monk will I be able to use reconstruct SLA?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie_2010 View Post
    ONE more question. Do ALL classes as Bladeforged get the Recon SLA? Or only if you go Paladin?
    And will it be Paladin level or character level that determines the power of the SLA. And is this going to be a timer-based SLA or tied to the blue bar?
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast