Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bladeforged missing advertised abilities!

I bought the Bladeforged for the 2 abilities=

Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability

Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

and

Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.

Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain:
    +20% Action Boost bonus to weapon damage.
    +30 Action Boost bonus to Universal Spell Power.
    +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.
    +10 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.

But they are BOTH MISSING! What gives? I bought the pack assuming they had these abilities, Dev comment please.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Thats definitely critical. I was considering pre-ordering for exactly those abilities as well. If they are not included (yet) its a clear case of false advertising and you should be able to get your money back without any problem. Obviously it would be better if a dev would admit the mistake and activate those abilities within a few days to fulfill the advertised promise.

Community Member

I was also thinking about the pre purchase as well but not so sure now.

Is it possible to have a Dev chime in and let us know whether this is WAI?

I have created 2 Bladeforged (fully customized and surrendered to the path straight to 15) and I cannot find these abilities anywhere.

Perhaps we're missing something???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

I suspect neither ability is available at level 15. There is a bladeforged feat that shows up on the character that lists what you get for being bladeforged, but it states the abilities are not available until you reach the appropriate levels for them.

I WAS able to slot some repair spells, but I haven't had much time to play around with mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I suspect neither ability is available at level 15. There is a bladeforged feat that shows up on the character that lists what you get for being bladeforged, but it states the abilities are not available until you reach the appropriate levels for them.
    I thought of that, but if Reconstruct repairs 10 HP/CL (max 150 HP), a 15th Level Bladeforged should be able to cast it out of the gate (or off the forge). Otherwise, why make it 10HP per Caster Level? I also may not know what I'm talking about

I WAS able to slot some repair spells, but I haven't had much time to play around with mine yet.
    Yeah, I took a look at the spellbook and saw those, which are nice by the way
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I thought of that, but if Reconstruct repairs 10 HP/CL (max 150 HP), a 15th Level Bladeforged should be able to cast it out of the gate (or off the forge). Otherwise, why make it 10HP per Caster Level? I also may not know what I'm talking about

Yeah, I took a look at the spellbook and saw those, which are nice by the way
    Are those repair spells/abilities tied to staying a Paladin or are they tied to the Bladeforged race? Or is Bladeforged not really the race? I'm a bit confused. I made a bladeforged paladin and did the level up to 15 and saw how as he got spells that none of the repair spells were shown in the spell list as the character was in the leveling process...but after I was done leveling they showed up. That seems to add credence to the theory that they are innate to the bladeforged and not to just making him a paladin.

I guess I should go in game and test it <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Giffen View Post
    Are those repair spells/abilities tied to staying a Paladin or are they tied to the Bladeforged race? Or is Bladeforged not really the race? I'm a bit confused. I made a bladeforged paladin and did the level up to 15 and saw how as he got spells that none of the repair spells were shown in the spell list as the character was in the leveling process...but after I was done leveling they showed up. That seems to add credence to the theory that they are innate to the bladeforged and not to just making him a paladin.

I guess I should go in game and test it <shrug>
    It's a race.

This was working on Lammania so I'm guessing it's a bug. We really need a dev comment on this however because people are spending real money on this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    It's a race.

This was working on Lammania so I'm guessing it's a bug. We really need a dev comment on this however because people are spending real money on this.
    Well the in game description says the repair spells are gained as the character gains Paladin spell levels which makes me think they are class/paladin only...or are you referring to the reconstruction ability which isn't in game at the moment?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    On the positive side, at least a few customers will learn a lesson from this.

I apologize if the post comes off as accusatory in any way to the Devs, but seriously could we get a comment on this?

Everyone reading the huge page with pictures on the iconics believe that bladeforged will possess these abilities, yet they are non existent. I am curious as to no Dev comment thinking that maybe at level 20 they get them, but honestly from what I have seen in game there is a lack of drive to level these to 20. I also don't know if they will get these 2 abilities at character level 20 (cool will make these highly playable) or paladin level 20 (will make bladeforged super rare).

Dev comment please!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

I'd say that the reconstruct ability, assuming it's given to paladins, would come very late - 16 would be the absolute earliest and 20th would be more likely. Wizards have 9 spell levels and get this at class level 11. Sorcs have 9 levels and get it at 12. Arti's have 6 spell levels and get this at class level 16. Paladins only have 4 spell levels so it's likely they'll want to delay reconstruct even longer than 16.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    I'd say that the reconstruct ability, assuming it's given to paladins, would come very late - 16 would be the absolute earliest and 20th would be more likely. Wizards have 9 spell levels and get this at class level 11. Sorcs have 9 levels and get it at 12. Arti's have 6 spell levels and get this at class level 16. Paladins only have 4 spell levels so it's likely they'll want to delay reconstruct even longer than 16.
    disagree. nothing in the marketing material says anything about Pally levels. This is supposed to be a Bladeforged sla, and at 10hp/caster level that implies get at level 1, max at level 15. Obviously something was missed and folks buying the expansion have cause for alarm. The missing second bonus ability tends to support that assumption.

Hmm, it seems that the repair spells that the bladeforged are supposed to get as SLAs (or at least that's how I perceived it) are actually tied to staying paladin and are actually paladin spells, not SLAs. I made a 13/2 pally/sorc and he does not receive any of the lower sp cost repair spells but the pure pally does.

Has anyone run one of these to lvl 20 or beyond yet? Maybe reconstruction isn't gained until later levels?

Also, I would love to hear a dev response on if this is wai or if it's a bug. Are repair spells supposed to be tied to paladin levels?
    Last edited by Cryptic.Assassin; 05-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Pay no attention to my join date, my actual join date is September 2009.

if anything it should be tied to the race and levels not pally. that would really limit iconics if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    disagree. nothing in the marketing material says anything about Pally levels. This is supposed to be a Bladeforged sla, and at 10hp/caster level that implies get at level 1, max at level 15. Obviously something was missed and folks buying the expansion have cause for alarm. The missing second bonus ability tends to support that assumption.
    ^this

A Dev comment would be very helpful...please

Community Member

First, 10hp/caster level is the standard description of Reconstruct. It's not some special new ability. It's just the standard reconstruct ability.

Second, I wasn't arguing what I think it should or shouldn't be. You're welcome to disagree but I was telling you how things actually are. I have a 15 bladeforged paladin. The repair spells are in their paladin spell list. I can't confirm that reconstruct gets added at 20 paladin but that would be my guess based on the rest of the implementation.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

From what I gathered reading the description of the Feat was that the repair spells were added to the Paladin Spell List. This would mean in order to access all of the repair spells a Bladeforge would need to have at least 14 Paladin Levels for Level 4 spell access.

My understanding is that the Iconic Abilities are:

• Communion of Scribing: The Reconstruct Spell as a Spell-Like Ability ? Greatly repairs yourself or an ally construct, restoring 10 hit points per caster level (max 150hp), while simultaneously granting an increase in attack speed. D&D Dice: Repairs constructs 10 hp per caster level (max 150).

• Communion of Handling: Your attached weapon becomes Adamantine, bypassing Adamantine damage reduction.

• Power of the Forge: Action Boost: For 20 seconds, you gain: ? +20% Action Boost bonus to weapon damage.
    ? +30 Action Boost bonus to Universal Spell Power.
    ? +4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws. While under this effect you do not automatically fail saving throws on a roll of a natural 1.
    ? +10 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.

Now I've only a level 17 Bladeforge at the moment and I do not see these. I expected these to be feats linked to the Race and not the class - but at what level are they gained?

Community Member

I had a theory and just ran a test. Clerics do not get the spells at all so it must be in the paladin list for all of the added spells. We're also missing mass repairs at level 15 so those should be coming in later levels as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast