Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Shouldn't be effeminate the warforged scout wouldn't have the broad shoulders but it wouldn't have broader hips which would serve no purpose they should add the scout body but not much else
    Actually, broader hips could correspond with a lower center of gravity for better balance, as well as stronger joins for distance running or sprinting, rapid direction changes, and also embedded storage.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelu View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a female player and I really want to play a warforged, but I am so turned off by the fact that the female warforged look exactly like the males. I'm not asking for a female elf look or anything, just something to indicate a difference in the genders. Playing a male-looking character just feels wrong to me.

Thanks!

I don t agree with this idea.... make a difference in "gender" is ridiculous and i dont want to see some " girly " warforged in game.
    However i would like to choose between 2 style of warforged / blade forged

One with a beefy constitution ( the actually skin )
    And another one finer to get a more agile skin for rogue or mage

Well, how about removing the gender selection at creation for WF? Then there is no question of them being male/female, they are just bots.

But as long as I do get an option to select WF/Bladeforged gender and their voice sounds different as well, I would like to see a differentiation in their body structure as well...

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

WARFORGED ARE NOT ROBOTS!!!

Did you hear me that time.

Assuming you ddi I'll explain if your looking for something to compare them too the closest things are Treants or Dryads...actually speaking of that it's from dryad trees (AKA livewood) that the WF were made so their more of a combination of a Dryad and a Livewood tree...so if anything they should have a tendency towards a female attitude. The metal you see on their bodies is attached for protection its no different than the Plate Armor paladins or fighters sometimes wear beyond the fact that its attached...it can also be removed and modified...Cannith has a big part in this as whilst they don't create new WF anymore they are still skilled in repairing and Modifying the WF which is why you see alot of WF present in that house and why its common for them to become Artificers or something similar (ie. They become a Wizard to understand and possibly control/modify the magical energies that keep them alive)

As for "all WF are giant manly things" no actually even during the initial creation of WF there was many trypes created in game fortunately only 2 are shown in game the "Worker/Soldier" model commonly known as Juggernaut and the "Tank" like model the Titan. There's also a "Scout" type which is a much more lithe model some would even say feminine. There's the charger which is a four legged creature similar in build to a centaur except with its four-legged part being more akin to a jaguar or cougar as opposed to an equine.

Beyond that there's actually still 3 creation forges in existence...One is owned by the lord of blades, Another by the Mind Flayers of Solus (Mind Flayer Psionic WF FTW :P) and One run by a member of house cannith who refused to shut it down regardless of the treaty of thronehold he currently resides in Sharn but none actually know where the forge actually is except him.

Between House Cannith ability to modify the WF without harming them and the existence of 3 illegal creation forges there should be no limitation on altered models especially with ones that already exist. If you don't like it than just keep playing the current model...its no skin off your nose.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-13-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

/signed

Let female WF look female if we so choose. Or just make a more feminine body shape that can be chosen for male or female toons.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Thumbs up

I guarantee you would sell way more Warforged if this was implemented.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Yes, I generally hate WF race due it's looks, but if they made bit more feminine, i would even consider buying the race and playing rest of my lives as a 'warfroged'
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Actually, broader hips could correspond with a lower center of gravity for better balance, as well as stronger joins for distance running or sprinting, rapid direction changes, and also embedded storage.
    But that's not how the wf scouts look

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    But that's not how the wf scouts look
    But there is a functional reason they could look like that. You had stated that broader hips serve no purpose.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

warforged IMHO are the ugliest race. hideous and not well proportioned. Painful eyesore. I have never played one because of this reason.

/Signed for female looking warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    WARFORGED ARE NOT ROBOTS!!!

Did you hear me that time.

Assuming you ddi I'll explain if your looking for something to compare them too the closest things are Treants or Dryads...actually speaking of that it's from dryad trees (AKA livewood) that the WF were made so their more of a combination of a Dryad and a Livewood tree...so if anything they should have a tendency towards a female attitude. The metal you see on their bodies is attached for protection its no different than the Plate Armor paladins or fighters sometimes wear beyond the fact that its attached...it can also be removed and modified...Cannith has a big part in this as whilst they don't create new WF anymore they are still skilled in repairing and Modifying the WF which is why you see alot of WF present in that house and why its common for them to become Artificers or something similar (ie. They become a Wizard to understand and possibly control/modify the magical energies that keep them alive)
    Warforged are IIRC sentient golems, the fact that they are made from living mater "livewood" and the fact they are wearing armor does not make them a Robot, anymore then a Flesh Golem is a Robot Zombie.

The truth is, Turbine could do well to make additional bodies for all the races, to allow players more a choice in how they want to look, and WF would be no exception to this.

The fact that this idea comes up time and time again with no response from Turbine, shows that despite this would be profitable for them as there are many who want it, and most willing to pay for it, they simply do not have the means or the inclination to make it happen.

a grand idea, and I wish they would put it in, like many other games have done so, but, it seems that for as far ahead as Turbine is some areas, they are grossly lacking in others, and this seems to be one of them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234