Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    My you are friggen unpleasant.
    Would you like a hug with your w(h)ine?

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    I usually prefer cheese with wine actually...or forget the wine wheres the rum?

Seriously though your are kinda being a jerk. WF are not robots they are living being that happen to be made of wood (the metal bits are added on) and there is plenty of lore-based AND practical reason for a less bulky model for example WF "Scouts" are entirely canon and could be the "Alt Model" for WF personally I'd like to see Male/Female removed and have the Lithe and Bulky Variants....or just a new system that also for customization of any race with various sizes, shapes, etc. similar to Skyrim.

Male/Female is a personal choice by WF partly to fit in and partly because some enjoy taking on a gender role, others prefer to stay gender neutral but regardless of that the existence of house Cannith should allow for all kinds of Body mods for WF in the same way humans get hip replacements, piercings, tattoos, artificial arms, etc. (especially in the advanced society of technology and magic that is Eberron)

Honest;y I don't get why anyone would bother opposing this if people don't like it they can just use the "Bulk, Male or Juggernaut" (or w/e it gets called) and nothing will change for them
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-20-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I usually prefer cheese with wine actually...or forget the wine wheres the rum?

Seriously though your are kinda being a jerk. WF are not robots they are living being that happen to be made of wood (the metal bits are added on) and there is plenty of lore-based AND practical reason for a less bulky model for example WF "Scouts" are entirely canon and could be the "Alt Model" for WF personally I'd like to see Male/Female removed and have the Lithe and Bulky Variants....or just a new system that also for customization of any race with various sizes, shapes, etc. similar to Skyrim.

Male/Female is a personal choice by WF partly to fit in and partly because some enjoy taking on a gender role, others prefer to stay gender neutral but regardless of that the existence of house Cannith should allow for all kinds of Body mods for WF in the same way humans get hip replacements, piercings, tattoos, artificial arms, etc. (especially in the advanced society of technology and magic that is Eberron)

Honest;y I don't get why anyone would bother opposing this if people don't like it they can just use the "Bulk, Male or Juggernaut" (or w/e it gets called) and nothing will change for them
    not really opposed on my part, just saying the reason there aren't metal boobs on the front of female wf in the game that they stuck to the lore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    not really opposed on my part, just saying the reason there aren't metal boobs on the front of female wf in the game that they stuck to the lore.
    Metal boobs would add an armor bonus, but they would also alter the center of gravity, resulting in a -10 penalty to balance. Further, they may also increase ASF.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Female bladeforged would look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    to confirm im not actually looking for female warforged just a more lithe one model but a more feminine form would achieve this...boobs not required but having curved/rounded features would help achieve the lithe archetype something like these

Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-21-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

You can even keep them scary looking without totally losing the feminine touch:

And for the record, the warforged on the loading screen has a very prominent and unnecessary codpiece. Don't tell me the current WF are not male because they clearly are.

^She rocks
    Last edited by Galeria; 08-02-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

More character customization to WF in general would be nice. A little gender differentiation would be a big plus.

Had a guildy make it to level 16 before realizing his then capped barbarian was a chick, not there was anything wrong with it, just not what he intended.

Community Member

I would rather not limit it to large male WF or smaller female WF. If I am playing a WF caster or rogue, for example, I would like the smaller body too. If anything it should simply be large WF or small WF, no gender assigned. If you want it to be girly, make it pink or something.

Community Member

If they give us a gentler looking WF body, they may as well set /dance to twerk.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

When I have to explain why there are robots in D&D to everyone who asks... there are robots in D&D.
    Other people's ignorance, and your inability to explain the difference to those who are ignorant, doesn't change the fact they aren't robots.

Don't really care about lore.
    Then maybe a non-D&D game would be better for you.

Odd, I was going to say that about your post lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    to confirm im not actually looking for female warforged just a more lithe one model but a more feminine form would achieve this...boobs not required but having curved/rounded features would help achieve the lithe archetype something like these
    I'd say adding a Scout model would be a good option. Smaller, sleeker, faster. It would in effect add a new Race (so new build options) that would also have the advantage of getting rid of the bulky cosmetics.

Your sample pics could easily fit as that type of model

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelu View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a female player and I really want to play a warforged, but I am so turned off by the fact that the female warforged look exactly like the males. I'm not asking for a female elf look or anything, just something to indicate a difference in the genders. Playing a male-looking character just feels wrong to me.

Thanks!
    Some ideas are so great, they never die.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Umm no warforged gender is based on personality only now there should be some other body types such as scout and the like but not female as they don't have true gender.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Umm no warforged gender is based on personality only now there should be some other body types such as scout and the like but not female as they don't have true gender.
    Then they shouldn't be so obviously male, should they?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    That doesn't mean they can't have a more "effeminate" body model. It doesn't have to have boobs, just get rid of the enormous broad shoulders and broaden the hips a tad and voila.

I would really appreciate this--I don't like playing male-looking characters if I can possibly avoid it and this is the main reason why I don't like playing warforged.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    I'd say adding a Scout model would be a good option. Smaller, sleeker, faster. It would in effect add a new Race (so new build options) that would also have the advantage of getting rid of the bulky cosmetics.

Your sample pics could easily fit as that type of model
    Oh yeah like I said I'd just like to see a different smaller/lither model I just don''t care how its gained whether it be "female" WF or the Scout version. Mind you I don't think it should be a whole new race just replace Male and Female with "Scout" and "Brute"

On the other hand I would really like to see a more freeform adjustment for ALL races similar to like Skyrim...not necessarily as in depth but something similar to that...the majority of legitimate MMOs have something like this and it really helps vary members of the same race

I disagree WF should have no sex they are Bot's period,
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    That doesn't mean they can't have a more "effeminate" body model. It doesn't have to have boobs, just get rid of the enormous broad shoulders and broaden the hips a tad and voila.

I would really appreciate this--I don't like playing male-looking characters if I can possibly avoid it and this is the main reason why I don't like playing warforged.
    Shouldn't be effeminate the warforged scout wouldn't have the broad shoulders but it wouldn't have broader hips which would serve no purpose they should add the scout body but not much else

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast