Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    no, they look like feminine Warforged. If you want to equate the female form with a fetish maid, well that's certainly your right to do so.
    Yeah because sitting with her arms up in a cheesecake pose straight from Elvgren, or posing contrapposto with her metal butt sticking out. is in no way hypersexualizing her "female form"

Default I decided a while ago I'm tired of WF and their male-like bodies

I used to play WF way back when, when it was best like wizard life on my completionist in the making. Now I avoid them like a plague, why, because they look like males, as a matter of fact I made a second account just so i didn't have to buy them... okay there were other reasons, but I didn't and plan to never buy a WF on that account. As a female who plays female characters, I find their bulky male-like exteriors annoying and so I'll keep my single WF FVS from before I started my ban, and my paladin iconic (had to try it) and the iconic I made to replace the Fvs (will prolly delete her soon however if they come out with the TR and I can get a set of those cool cosmetic suit for her, then will delete one or the other LOL) (Did I mention I really like "cool clothes") so anyway....

/signed would love a way to make my WF look like a female
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildseed View Post
    /signed would love a way to make my WF look like a female
    I actually logged in to /sign this one. (I don't usually because it's a PITA since the changes.)

Please do not make sexy robots (they have no need for boobs or protruding, round butts) but add a "scout" model and better clothing options for WF. Smaller WF built for speed and stealth are definitely canon to Eberron lore and would give those of us who really dislike playing the bulky male WF a choice.

I don't see this happening (it would not create enough "buzz" and no revenue) but maybe someday someone with time between projects might put together a scout model for us. Since the focus is all about Forgotten Realms these days, I don't really think we can even hope for any additions to an Eberron-specific race.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelu View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a female player and I really want to play a warforged, but I am so turned off by the fact that the female warforged look exactly like the males. I'm not asking for a female elf look or anything, just something to indicate a difference in the genders. Playing a male-looking character just feels wrong to me.

Thanks!
    What does a "female" WF look like? Since they have no reproductive organs, and they don't need different bodies to carry a pregnancy to term, what do you think would distinguish them?

It's not like the base WF have a male sex organ (stupid filter won't let me say the P word lol) and a beard or other features we humans associate with males. It isn't male, the WF model is gender neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    It's not like the base WF have a beard or other features we humans associate with males. It isn't male, the WF model is gender neutral.
    Sure, because being tall, square jaws, broad shoulders and developed byceps are in no way male-related features.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member evilgardengnome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelu View Post
    Hi there,

I'm a female player and I really want to play a warforged, but I am so turned off by the fact that the female warforged look exactly like the males. I'm not asking for a female elf look or anything, just something to indicate a difference in the genders. Playing a male-looking character just feels wrong to me.

Thanks!
    So you want to play as Rosie the maid from the Jetson's?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Sure, because being tall, square jaws, broad shoulders and developed byceps are in no way male-related features.
    From the 2012 london olympics I bring you

Community Member

or...
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Omg that man is standing on that wall like its nothing nothing abnormal

Seriously though whether its female or just a more compact model for rogues wizards Artie's etc I would very much appreciate if the Devs added something similar to the pics I posted (definitely not the sexbot 3000 someone else posted though)

Actually what would be really nice is if they gave us height weight build etc. sliders for all the races similar to Skyrim or most other MMOs to add some variety to the game visually.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 07-20-2013 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    As the pictures below indicate, and pictures I could post of "passable" M>F trans dressed up, no, those are not indications of males/females, even in humans. And considering that even the WF are selectively bred as humans are, and since they can not define what makes one F or M as a WF (for the ones that have gender) it is especially pointless a differentiation on these assembly line produced constructs.

The only reason you would make a different physical model is for different purposes. For example, the "Scout" model of WF is less hardy and faster due to the type of missions it was designed for. It is of course a frame that would be nice to see in game, but wouldn't be any more female than the standard model is male.

Frankly if I had my way "male" and "female" options wouldn't be included in the WF setup at all since generally they are considered to have no gender (and that girly voice is just silly)

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    LOL I love it!

As for warforged females, I'm not opposed to the idea, but I'd honestly prefer a new race myself...

I find it difficult to have a discussion with puritans who think the female body is evil. It's also pointless since this would never be implemented anyway, that being said I have made a sculpture of a female bust and though it cannot be considered male or female since it's a piece of sandstone it sure looks female.

If I were an artificer making Warforged I would most likely make them in my image, two arms, legs a head eyes ect.
    It would not be human but resemble one. If I were to make a scout model I may just give it feminine features to differentiate it from the fighter models, maybe just for fun or maybe to express my creativity. It would not be female but would resemble one. Get it?

When warforged are created and new to the world they are very childlike but as they age they become increasingly human in behavior and develop personalities. There are feminine and masculine energies in the world. Whatever life force, soul, spirit inhabits the bodies of these constructs may just choose to identify as a gender.

I'd say Turbine should take an armoured female half-orc model, and give it a WF texture, head and hands.
    Personally, I'd play WF much more if they weren't universally hulking brutes; I never liked that archetype in my heroes.

Community Member

I find it difficult to have a discussion with puritans who think the female body is evil.
    Who in this thread has said any such thing? lol

It's also pointless since this would never be implemented anyway, that being said I have made a sculpture of a female bust and though it cannot be considered male or female since it's a piece of sandstone it sure looks female.
    Because your brain is hard wired to recognize the pattern of female breasts, even if they aren't real. Humans try to pattern match to important things for our base instincts all the time, that's why we see images in clouds and ink blots.

If I were an artificer making Warforged I would most likely make them in my image, two arms, legs a head eyes ect.
    It would not be human but resemble one. If I were to make a scout model I may just give it feminine features to differentiate it from the fighter models, maybe just for fun or maybe to express my creativity. It would not be female but would resemble one. Get it?
    Remember individual artificers didn't make these. They were pass produced on an assembly line, and there is a 50/50 chance (its a matter of debate) that they were designed by non-humanoid life forms. It's a matter of efficiency, not cosmetic features that would have been of no interest to the original designer of the template.

When warforged are created and new to the world they are very childlike but as they age they become increasingly human in behavior and develop personalities. There are feminine and masculine energies in the world. Whatever life force, soul, spirit inhabits the bodies of these constructs may just choose to identify as a gender.
    Right, which makes it personal choice and not differentiation of the body for WF that makes them m/f (although some WF do cut their own body apart and reshape it to fit in with the inferiority that are fleshies)

Community Member

If we're forced to have robots in D&D, we should be able to choose if they are big huge hulking stupid looking robots, or 'so hot the medieval peasants can't even look at them' female killing machines - as they are destroyed.

Seems to me there'd be some female robots.... oh wait, I guess, with robots and flying air-o-planes in this game, people have never heard of using a little psychological warfare by creating hot robots to destroy peasants.

C'mon, it's a game, all they'd need to do is take the elven or human body, make a few new skins for them, done and done.

Sick of robots to begin with; even sicker that my female characters have to look so male.

I'd pay 2000 turbine points, right now, for female warforged, account wide.

I'd pay more for female robots than I would for this silly expansion. It would help me enjoy my game more.

Still waiting for the devs to add a switch for players to choose if they want to see stupid robots, or 'insert generic elf body here' - robots destroy my immersion, especially when I am playing them (due to them having such synergy with my caster classes, I feel I am almost forced to use them)

It is sad that after this many years we are stuck with robots that look like an 8th grader designed them.

I find it difficult to have a discussion with puritans who think the female body is evil. It's also pointless since this would never be implemented anyway, that being said I have made a sculpture of a female bust and though it cannot be considered male or female since it's a piece of sandstone it sure looks female.

As said before it was an assembly line not an artist creating a sculpture, if you look at it from a storyline view it would have been cheaper to produce them all with the same form and maybe different coats of paint for the different house colors of who they were selling them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    If we're forced to have robots in D&D, we should be able to choose if they are big huge hulking stupid looking robots, or 'so hot the medieval peasants can't even look at them' female killing machines - as they are destroyed.

Seems to me there'd be some female robots.... oh wait, I guess, with robots and flying air-o-planes in this game, people have never heard of using a little psychological warfare by creating hot robots to destroy peasants.

C'mon, it's a game, all they'd need to do is take the elven or human body, make a few new skins for them, done and done.

Sick of robots to begin with; even sicker that my female characters have to look so male.

I'd pay 2000 turbine points, right now, for female warforged, account wide.

I'd pay more for female robots than I would for this silly expansion. It would help me enjoy my game more.

Still waiting for the devs to add a switch for players to choose if they want to see stupid robots, or 'insert generic elf body here' - robots destroy my immersion, especially when I am playing them (due to them having such synergy with my caster classes, I feel I am almost forced to use them)

It is sad that after this many years we are stuck with robots that look like an 8th grader designed them.
    Yes because warforged aren't a key piece of ebberron. They can be removed and not effect the setting that was originally chosen that we should still be in, instead of the better forgotten realms. That said Turbine or whoever originally designed the game, I know it wasn't turbine but I forget who it was didn't design the wf.

They used some of the standard art that was already there and just translated it. Yes this image is after but it looks a lot alike compared to some of the 3.5 setting art that's in the book.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    As said before it was an assembly line not an artist creating a sculpture, if you look at it from a storyline view it would have been cheaper to produce them all with the same form and maybe different coats of paint for the different house colors of who they were selling them to.

Yes because warforged aren't a key piece of ebberron. They can be removed and not effect the setting that was originally chosen that we should still be in, instead of the better forgotten realms. That said Turbine or whoever originally designed the game, I know it wasn't turbine but I forget who it was didn't design the wf.

They used some of the standard art that was already there and just translated it. Yes this image is after but it looks a lot alike compared to some of the 3.5 setting art that's in the book.
    Not interested in storyline.

Warforged come from these things called 'designers' - they work for this company called 'turbine'

Turbine is in a business to make money; making customers happy usually works well with the plan to 'make money'

It would obviously make some people happy to have female warforged.

Some people would even pay for female warforged.

Who are you to tell Turbine how to make money?

Warforged come from these things called 'designers' - they work for this company called 'turbine'

Turbine is in a business to make money; making customers happy usually works well with the plan to 'make money'

It would obviously make some people happy to have female warforged.

Some people would even pay for female warforged.

Who are you to tell Turbine how to make money?
    Don't get me wrong, if Turbine wants to sell it, I wouldn't care. I think it'd be a step away from pnp, but a very minor one compared to everything else. However there are people saying that Turbine designed the look of the wf when they really didn't. And that arti's would have created each wf as a work of art when if you read the material on it they were mass produced similar to Abrams Tank not The David.

Community Member

Incorrect. They were designed by Keith Baker and are part of the Eberron campaign setting owned by a company called Wizards of the Coast. Turbine only licenses the Eberron (and now forgettable realms) from WotC and has indicated that WotC actually has full creative control to deny any changes from the core campaign settings and rules. For example Rune Arms are a Turbine design and they required WotC approval to go ahead with them.

If we're forced to have robots in D&D,=
    They aren't robots. They are living creatures made mostly of wood. Android might come closer to what they are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    They aren't robots. They are living creatures made mostly of wood. Android might come closer to what they are.
    When I have to explain why there are robots in D&D to everyone who asks... there are robots in D&D.

You can call them QuackyDucks if you'd like - fact is, they're robots.

These QuackyDucks were put into this game by 'designers' working for this game.

There is no magic. Sorry about that.

It's all 3dsmax, with a little photoshop.

Anyone can do it - provided they are TOLD to by their bosses.

This thread is about and for players who WANT female warforged bodies.

Don't really care about lore.

Don't really care about storyline.

Do care about an issue that makes me actively dislike my own characters, because I have to play an ugly, hulking, MALE robot.

I know, the forums are dead; nothing really to make threads about - everything important is locked down except to those who paid early for the expansion.

But you could try!

For instance, they COULD add another race - with female bodies - call them the Fey-somethings.

Give them a 'repair' based spell (okay, it's magic, shhhhh fey magic, it allows casters to heal themselves!).

Bang; only those who want to play stupid hulking male robots will play them; the rest can play the new 'totally copied over from elf with perhaps a new ability or two' race too, that'd be fine by me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast