Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Please, girly-looking female warforged

Hi there,

I'm a female player and I really want to play a warforged, but I am so turned off by the fact that the female warforged look exactly like the males. I'm not asking for a female elf look or anything, just something to indicate a difference in the genders. Playing a male-looking character just feels wrong to me.

Thanks!

I agree. People will say theres no such thing but just call them scouts or something. pleeeaasee?

I never liked WF race, but about the topic, I think it would be funny to see a warforged with at least a pair of steel boobs to let us know we're facing a female character. Maybe add a curvy silhouette too
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

I think this one is caused by the dev's sticking to the source books for once. If I remember right the campaign setting says that some wf regard themselves as male or female but what makes the distinction is unknown. Or something to that effect.

I'm not opposed to the idea.

We've diverged so far from the lore and Eberron core races anyways that I doubt it matters anymore. Plus, I just bet Merrix d'Cannith is enough of a lil pervy lech he'd gladly forge a few anatomically correct soldiers.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Actually, on one of the first Dragon Magazine released under the 4e banner (before they were locked down on DDI), has an article on Warforgeds, and say that, since them don't feel pain (except from actual injuries), they are used to customizing their own bodies from removing some layers of plating, or completelly changing plate (aka, new excuse to allow warforgeds to equip armor like every other race).

I can see how this can end with some female warforgeds actually wanting to be more human-like to craft boob armor of some kind. Its not like they have a sternum bone to break like us.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member MarcusCleardawn's Avatar

I support the notion of Female looking Female Warforged. Heck, I support just "Different from Male Warforged" Female Warforged. To be honest, I would prefer the developers spent time accomplishing this than publishing new content, at the moment.

Kobold shaped Warforged please!

Community Member

Eh, I'd personally vote they just do what they did with Dwarves in LOTRO - change the gender option on character creation to just "Warforged" There's nothing in-game thats affected by gender anyway (except maybe some NPC pronoun usage? But they're always talking TO you...)

Under the Big Top already kinda implies they're a third, gender-distinct category, with the three restrooms....

Default /signed

I agree completely with the OP. I am also a girl player and have always been interested in playing a WF character. I did try once. I tried to make her the girliest color I could and gave it a name that screamed not-a-boy character, but it just wasn't enough. I couldn't get over looking just like the guy WF. I think DDO has diverged far enough from the original lore that no one would be upset by introducing a more lady-like WF. And if they didn't like it - well then they could play a man WF.

Also as WF cannot use DDO Store Purchasable Hairstyles or Hair Dyes, I think it would be simple, profitable, and enjoyable by the community to make WF Skin Paints to modify their color. I certainly would buy them. Assuming, first, that lady WF exist as current WF are too mannish to be even considered a playable race.

I would totally play something more like this petite and lithe female WF below:

~ Ellesmera ~

Default like this?

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

There doesn't necessarily need to be a "female" warforged (which I'm pretty sure the Lord of Blades would make a few for his own uses) but a more "Lithe" model designed for speed as opposed to brute force. Their "War" Forged right you don't only need bruisers in a war you need archers, scouts, Runners, etc. and we have House Cannith modifications should be quite simple with these faculties.

You could either just leave the buttons as "Male" and "Female" and have the more lithe form be female and the bulky bruiser model be "male" or you could rename it to "Bruiser" and "Scout"

A Few examples (Note: see first pic is how Caster docents should look on a WF...not a single scarf):

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post

A Few examples (Note: see first pic is how Caster docents should look on a WF...not a single scarf):
    Would love this, they look really cool.

Totally awesome and signed
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Community Member

Nice examples, +1 for androgynous WF of various builds.

I still don't like overtly female WF though....why do robots need boobs?

There doesn't necessarily need to be a "female" warforged (which I'm pretty sure the Lord of Blades would make a few for his own uses) but a more "Lithe" model designed for speed as opposed to brute force.
    Of all people, I would imagine the Lord of Blades being opposed to gender in WF. I imagine the LoB would see gender as a weakness in the flesh races.

Its not that there are "no" female body types for WF, its that they were rare. WF were seen as machines, not living creatures when they were created, so their gender was not a consideration. The big WF we see running around Stormreach were basic combat versions used in the war. There were smaller scout versions. Undoubtedly there were experimental version, but those would have been one off types.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

I actively dislike playing my male robot looking warforged, and would love these changes to happen.

Like, I actually play less, because I dislike it that much.

I know what benefits you get from it, so I use it sometimes - but ugh, each life is like torture to me. I can't wait to get out of that life, but I can't play it cause it's just so darned ugly.

/signed for making some girly looking warforged

Community Member

I'm all for more variation in Warforged bodies. But then I'm all for more variation in the bodies available for all of the races. Seriously, why can't I have a pot-bellied half-orc?

But these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae_Rae View Post
    I would totally play something more like this petite and lithe female WF below:
    No. Those are terrible. Because thick, thin, short, tall, male, female, whatever, at the end of the day, Warforged are war machines and should always reflect that aesthetic.

Those things you posted look like robotic maids who perform sex slave duties on the side.

I'm all for female warforged being more lithe, though no metal boobs. Please.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post

No. Those are terrible. Because thick, thin, short, tall, male, female, whatever, at the end of the day, Warforged are war machines and should always reflect that aesthetic.
    Brute force is not the only way to succeed in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Those things you posted look like robotic maids who perform sex slave duties on the side.
    no, they look like feminine Warforged. If you want to equate the female form with a fetish maid, well that's certainly your right to do so.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast