Default Ruby Augments - Devs please Read.

I made this suggestion in another thread and was asked to give it it's own - So here it is:

Biggest issue with Red Slots - Low use at Lvls 1-15

I'd ask the Devs to consider:

a) DR Breakers -
    I} Reduce Silver to Min Lvl 8 {First Vampire is in Bloody Crypt - First Devils Chronoscope - Both Lvl 8 on Elite}
    II} Move Byeshk to Min Lvl 16 {Absolutely no need for this before the Madness Chain from my Experience!
    III} Reduce Adamantine to Min Lvl 8 {Thanks to BB we have to run Elite VoN 3/4 at Lvl 11 Max these days so Min Lvl 12 is just rubbing Salt into the Wounds!}
    III} Good - This is weaker than Righteousness on Random Loot for goodness sake!
    Min Lvl should be 4 NOT 12! {Oh and making it Righteous wouldn't go amiss either}

b) Elemental Dmg -
    I} Remove 1HP Dmg entirely - Drop each Dmg amount down to the next lowest Min Lvl - 1D2 at Min Lvl 1 etc.
    II} Instead of 1d10 Give us a Min Lvl 20 2-12 Augment and a Min Lvl 24 2-16 Augment {A Min Lvl 28 3-24 Augment wouldn't go amiss either}.

c) Extras - Please give us -
    Min Lvl 1-28 - Vertigo, Stunning, Shatter, Tendon Slice with Bonuses applicable to each Min Lvl.
    Min Lvl 4 - Ghost Touch, Slow Burst, Keen
    Min Lvl 8 - Maladroit, Impact, Lesser Banes
    Min Lvl 12 - Finesse, Everbright, Banes
    Min Lvl 16 - Paralyzing, Greater Banes
    Min Lvl 20 - Improved Destruction, Improved Shattermantle
    Min Lvl 24 - Epic Banishing, Epic Smiting
    Min Lvl 28 - Epic Vorpal, Epic Disruption

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Nahhh, that can't happen ... if it would, we finally could craft that paralizer that we where promised with the Cannith Carfting
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I made this suggestion in another thread and was asked to give it it's own - So here it is:

Biggest issue with Red Slots - Low use at Lvls 1-15

I'd ask the Devs to consider:

a) DR Breakers -
    I} Reduce Silver to Min Lvl 8 {First Vampire is in Bloody Crypt - First Devils Chronoscope - Both Lvl 8 on Elite}
    II} Move Byeshk to Min Lvl 16 {Absolutely no need for this before the Madness Chain from my Experience!
    III} Reduce Adamantine to Min Lvl 8 {Thanks to BB we have to run Elite VoN 3/4 at Lvl 11 Max these days so Min Lvl 12 is just rubbing Salt into the Wounds!}
    III} Good - This is weaker than Righteousness on Random Loot for goodness sake!
    Min Lvl should be 4 NOT 12! {Oh and making it Righteous wouldn't go amiss either}

b) Elemental Dmg -
    I} Remove 1HP Dmg entirely - Drop each Dmg amount down to the next lowest Min Lvl - 1D2 at Min Lvl 1 etc.
    II} Instead of 1d10 Give us a Min Lvl 20 2-12 Augment and a Min Lvl 24 2-16 Augment {A Min Lvl 28 3-24 Augment wouldn't go amiss either}.

c) Extras - Please give us -
    Min Lvl 1-28 - Vertigo, Stunning, Shatter, Tendon Slice with Bonuses applicable to each Min Lvl.
    Min Lvl 4 - Ghost Touch, Slow Burst, Keen
    Min Lvl 8 - Maladroit, Impact, Lesser Banes
    Min Lvl 12 - Finesse, Everbright, Banes
    Min Lvl 20 - Improved Destruction, Improved Shattermantle
    Min Lvl 24 - Epic Banishing, Epic Smiting
    Min Lvl 28 - Epic Vorpal, Epic Disruption
    I think that all DR breakers could be moved to level 8. Although we don't currently have any need for Byeshk at low levels, that could change if new content is released in the future where it might be needed. For future proofing reasons and just to keep everything in line, I'd move them all to 8. That gives you the option to slot them early if you want, but many people might just save it until later as they are not available from standard vendors or in random drops.

Elemental Damage is a mess. Red slots on lootgen are +2 (or a 4 level increase). We should be seeing 2d6 effects at that point, regardless of the level of the augment. I'm not slotting 1 damage in a lootgen red slot. What I'm doing is just trashing the item altogether if I won't be putting spellpower in it as the elemental damage augments are just that bad. The level increase is factored into the item already. We don't need level gated damage augments as well. Very poor design. I'd settle for a level 4 augment with 1d6 damage, level 12 with 2d6, level 20 with 3d6 and 28 with 4d6. You could get a bit more elegant than that, but it's the starting point I'd go with.

I'll agree with most of what you have in section c though exact level ranges could be debated.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Nahhh, that can't happen ... if it would, we finally could craft that paralyzer that we were promised with the Cannith Crafting
    Wouldn't that be nice?

Tbh I'm a bit dubious over whether the Devs would even consider allowing us augments for Paralyzing, Vorpal, Smiting, Banishing or Disruption.
    Which is why I've tried to keep them at higher levels than I would otherwise want.

I'd really prefer they give us Paralyzing at Lvl 12
    Imp Para at 20
    and Epic Para at 28

But I'll accept Para at 16 if that's all they're willing to allow us.

Community Member

I disagree with the reasoning here.
    Just because we face a monster with a particular DR at a particular level, that is no reason to set the metal type to that level.

That's like saying 'we face fire resistant monsters at level 1 and cold resistant monsters at level 4. Therefore, cold weapons should be minimum level 1 and fire should be minimum level 4.'

As the only difference between these augments is a metal property, they should truly be all the same minimum level, similar to what occurs with other augments. All +1 stat augments are the same level, all element damage of the same value are the same level... I don't see why different metals are different levels.

Quote Originally Posted by UuU View Post
    I disagree with the reasoning here.
    Just because we face a monster with a particular DR at a particular level, that is no reason to set the metal type to that level.

That's like saying 'we face fire resistant monsters at level 1 and cold resistant monsters at level 4. Therefore, cold weapons should be minimum level 1 and fire should be minimum level 4.'

As the only difference between these augments is a metal property, they should truly be all the same minimum level, similar to what occurs with other augments. All +1 stat augments are the same level, all element damage of the same value are the same level... I don't see why different metals are different levels.
    You know what? You're right - Of course you are.

BUT

My main reasoning for moving Byeshk to 16 was to swap with Silver - To give the Devs the chance to do the right thing where Silver's concerned by giving them a sacrificial lamb in the form of Byeshk.

Now you've gone and ruined my cunning plan.

Curses!