Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    my dog solo him in 2 min 47 second.. take a while.. with no dr bypassing..(still depend on what type of weapon you give to him..(fmy dog are using grave wraping)

it live for 1min 13 second without healing(again this depend on armor you give to him

it take epic owlbear 5min 13 second to kill him...

so final result are
    druid wolf pet: 2 min 47 second
    owlbear: 5min 13 second
    Thanks. Looks like your druid dog is faster than Rovegar too, but still not as fast as Sadiele. A darn sight better than my arti dog that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    p.s. some how your epic owlbear take only 4min and 30 second to kill him? are you diong the epic elite cr 31 ones? thats odd.. the number are quite different

Maybe that one time your Owlbear just didn't get many criticals or had more misses or something. There is definitely a noticeable range. For instance Sadiele killed the wolf knight in 1:23 one time, but took as long as 2:14 another time. Rovegar's best time for me was 3:23, but his worst time was 4:51. So the range between fastest time and slowest time could be over a minute depending on the hireling. That's why I tried to run each scenario at least three times to get a better idea of the average time and a stab at what the range from fastest to slowest might be.

If we ran them 20 times for each hireling we'd probably have a pretty accurate (within 10 seconds I bet) idea of the average time for each hireling (I probably won't do that though).

I really appreciate that you took the time to test it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    That may not seem like a valid test to you. But, for me, it is the only test that matters.
    It is a far less useful test to me, but I think we have different focus. The DPS numbers have actually been favorable news for the owlbears. I do have concerns about cleave not working, and the PRR confusion... but overall, my disposition towards wanting the perm hirelings will mean if they even look somewhat useful... I'm going to want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    If the eOwlbear plus a healing hire lets me do eElite quests that I cannot solo then it is worthwhile. If it doesn't then it is not. If I can solo eHard BoB but can't complete because hires pull mass aggro then why have the hires out -- soloing gets completions where using hires doesn't.

So, IMO, the only real measure of a hire's value is in the degree to which they make questing and quest completion easier. FWIW, reading your use of hires suggests that this is actually why you use them as well.
    While I agreed with the first half of your post... this part misses the mark. The more difficult the content, the less likely I am to use a hireling. My hireling usage generally addresses one of two issues:

1.) I can't be in two places at once
    2.) The content is trivial enough I'll let the "light-weight" deal with it because I'm on autopilot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    The mains shtick for me to buy the legendary upgrade was the skill tomes and the dragon. I don't give a copper for the owlbears. I see them as an additional bonus.
    I'd be lying if I said the owlbear played no part in my upgrade purchase, but since I don't use the hirelings much in general it wasn't the deciding factor for me either. (I am actually more thrilled to have the pseudo dragon pet).

But after Tolera posted the stats for the epic Owlbear I thought "wow, that thing looks like a BEAST!" I was excited to try it out, but it is definitely lackluster. After running through some numbers I think it is a bit anemic compared to hirelings 2-4 levels lower and I get why folks who were looking forward to an 'epic' hireling aren't too happy with what they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    A darn sight better than my arti dog that's for sure.
    several things you should know..
    1) i have augmented summoning
    2) i have max druid ed..
    3) which weapon your dog using? you know my dog doesn't do much damage on it own, epseically due to not able to bypass dr. the key damage came from negative level. as i said grave wraping.. i have ask a friend arti to try it, and his dog finish it within 3 min.. i think it is your selection of equipment not the dog.. according to my test arty dog and druid dog have exact same stats it seem..

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So a couple things on the Owlbear:

I'll put this out here just to rule it out: make sure you are summoning the right level Owlbear. Two Owlbears hirelings are provided, one level 17 and one epic level. The icons look the same and it's possible to have mixed them up as a result (especially if your 2nd owlbear ended up on the next tab of your inventory).

Otherwise, the Epic Owlbear's current stats are:
    200 Physical Resistance Rating
    DR 15/-
    Death Ward
    Heavy Fortification
    20% Acid damage absorption
    20% electric absorption
    20% cold absorption
    20% fire absorption
    30% healing amplification

Ability score wise, compared to the lower level owlbear and panther:
    Level 25 Owlbear
    STR 91 DEX 38 CON 53 INT 12 WIS 20 CHA 14

Level 17 Owlbear
    STR 61 DEX 28 CON 38 INT 12 WIS 18 CHA 14

Level 20 Panther
    STR 34 DEX 23 CON 34 INT 10 WIS 19 CHA 14

and base attack damage breaks out like so:
    Level 25 Owlbear: 10d6
    Level 17 Owlbear: 5d6
    Level 20 Panther: 3d6

Hope this helps to clarify!
    I as posted in detail here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ted-PRR-Bugged (and bug reported)

That is not correct. I can claim with 98.7% certainty that the owlbear (level 25) does not have PRR 200 & DR 15. Most likely, I'd guess DR 15 and 0 PRR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Therigar, why don't you look around and take note that you are the only person in this thread so far that believes there is nothing wrong with the epic Owlbear hireling? Also, it is logical for you to maintain your own opinion but illogical to try to tell everyone else that they are wrong for having their own opinion.

People are expressing their opinions. Stop trying to shut them down because yours disagrees with them.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    I as posted in detail here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ted-PRR-Bugged (and bug reported)

That is not correct. I can claim with 98.7% certainty that the owlbear (level 25) does not have PRR 200 & DR 15. Most likely, I'd guess DR 15 and 0 PRR.
    I can confirm that the DR is working... had some archers shoot at me (with NO DR) then put the Owlbear on 'passive' and stood behind him. He took no damage from the arrows.

I can also confirm that 30% healing amp is working. (Used the heal from Unyielding Sovereignty)

But PRR 200 is definitely NOT working as it should. The Owlbear is getting destroyed in fights.

I hope we can get a response about this.
    Last edited by Dorian; 05-28-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Dorian

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

But after Tolera posted the stats for the epic Owlbear I thought "wow, that thing looks like a BEAST!" I was excited to try it out, but it is definitely lackluster. After running through some numbers I think it is a bit anemic compared to hirelings 2-4 levels lower and I get why folks who were looking forward to an 'epic' hireling aren't too happy with what they got.
    After trying it out, I'm certain that the lvl 24 owlbear has some issues with it that do not match the stats she posted.

However, the major thing to note is that the owlbear isn't a super armored tank, just a standard armor fighter, and as such, sucks damage equally so. Which means in any room with AoE casters, it is going to take damage. Unlike the panther that has evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    After trying it out, I'm certain that the lvl 24 owlbear has some issues with it that do not match the stats she posted.

However, the major thing to note is that the owlbear isn't a super armored tank, just a standard armor fighter, and as such, sucks damage equally so. Which means in any room with AoE casters, it is going to take damage. Unlike the panther that has evasion.
    You need to read through some of the other posts and test. The issue is not with it taking caster damage. The tests were done for physical damage... and it was proven that it's 200 PRR is not working.

It got killed or required more healing than other lower leveling hirelings, wolf-pet, and panther... while doing less DPS... it basically sucks.

But after Tolera posted the stats for the epic Owlbear I thought "wow, that thing looks like a BEAST!" I was excited to try it out, but it is definitely lackluster.
    This is why we need to post about it. Most people will see those stats and could possibly buy the pre-order upgrade because of Owlbear.

They will be just as disappointed as I am.
    Dorian

bump in the nme of animal right

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345