Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Yeah, if those stats are correct, then something is seriously bugged with them. My level 17 Owlbear usually lasts through about 3 fights in level 15 content (with Blur, Greater Heroism, and Protection from Elements), before dying
    I really like perm hirelings and the owl bears were part of what is tempting me to buy the xpack. If they are that bad... my desire to buy it is greatly reduced, especially as a pre-order. Is there a bug or something that is going to be fixed?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    It doesn't have lower damage. the attack speed of the Owlbear is so damn slow. its unreal.
    Ok, but what about the stats - that doesn't even make sense. Look at PCs - there is no possible way that a level 17 PC could have a higher stat total than a level 20 PC.

You know one of the MAIN reasons I bought the Legendary upgrade was to get the owlbears. The panther was one of the best parts about pre-ordering MOTU. I have yet to pull the owlbears out because I just TR'd Sunday and have only gotten to level 13, but to hear that they are this terrible is a damn shame. I was hoping the level 17 one would be moderately less useful than the panther and that the level 25 one would be hands down better than the panther. If this is not the case, I am going to lodge an official complaint with Turbine, because quite frankly, that is total bull----. I want to support you Turbine. I love the game in general and bought the Xpack the first day it was available. But hearing some of this stuff is seriously starting to tick me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    Slower than a Druid in Bear form or a Pale Master in Zombie form?
    Think of a druid in bear form... slow attacks... but does not have any of the special attacks like knockdown.... whats the point?

I can't comment on Zombie form... never been there.
    Dorian

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Ok, but what about the stats - that doesn't even make sense. Look at PCs - there is no possible way that a level 17 PC could have a higher stat total than a level 20 PC.
    There's no way a level 17 PC could have THOSE stats at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Keltarrin View Post
    There's no way a level 17 PC could have THOSE stats at all!
    Help me test guys. PLEASE!

You know that once the pre-order period is over.... Turbine won't give a damn about the owlbear stats... it's all about revenue now. And fixing or changing something that was already paid for.... does not help future revenues.

We have a limited time-table to make sure the legendary upgrade pack is worth purchasing. This Owlbear needs to be fixed BEFORE the pre-order period is over.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    You know one of the MAIN reasons I bought the Legendary upgrade was to get the owlbears. The panther was one of the best parts about pre-ordering MOTU.
    I'm with you man... I luv the battle panther. The Owlbear was a TOTAL disappointment.
    Dorian

Help me test guys. PLEASE!

You know that once the pre-order period is over.... Turbine won't give a damn about the owlbear stats... it's all about revenue now. And fixing or changing something that was already paid for.... does not help future revenues.

We have a limited time-table to make sure the legendary upgrade pack is worth purchasing. This Owlbear needs to be fixed BEFORE the pre-order period is over.
    am willing to help.. i have both panther and owlbear.. am on sever sarlona..

Community Member

I haven't been able to activate or see the owlbears do their cleave or great cleave attacks. Has anyone else? And them being in a command bar is a total waste anyway. They should use those tactical attacks always when off timer.
    Now it seems that when you activate one, they just stop doing anything else they are about to do
    Last edited by Modulex; 05-25-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Community Member

I think that that the owlbears have a greater or superior bloodletter too. Maybe confirm on the reavers refuge portal in aussircaex valley.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    I think that that the owlbears have a greater or superior bloodletter too. Maybe confirm on the reavers refuge portal in aussircaex valley.
    Portals bleed?

Much as I hate logging in now, I made the effort to say:

I am not buying the expansion nor will the other 3 accounts in my house if player reports on the owlbear do not improve signifigantly.

My husband had the purchase screen up when I read this and he stopped immediately. If the owlbear sucks, we'll just wait and buy the expansion content at Thanksgiving when it goes 75% off.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Haven't had a Problem with the heroic owlbear yet.... we are currently L17... and the owlbears are doing nicely alongside us...
    Of course... the scaling of 1 Barb and 1 FVS + 2 Owlbears probably makes it easier for them....
    Or else Redcloak is just so good at healing that we are not noticing a problem (whatever)!

The panthers have lots of Special abilities like Manslayer, Elfslayer etc.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I didn't say "those stats" and you're missing my point. The total for the 17 is higher than the total for the 20.
    I didn't miss the point, I was just making a random comment as I am wont to do.

Community Member

I'm with you man... I luv the battle panther. The Owlbear was a TOTAL disappointment.
    Never had the Battle Panther but i have seen it in action and wish i had pre-ordered it . One of the main reasons i pre-ordered this time and got the Owlbear Defender was because of how good the Battle Panther was. I was expecting the Owlbear to be comparable if not better but Sadly the Owlbear does not come close and is a big disappointment and a waste of money. It seems to me that Turbine is not taking this seriously at all, as I have not seen much of anything from Turbine that there is a problem with the Owlbear Defender or what are their plans to remedy this.

IMO those of you complaining about the owlbear v panther are incorrect.

I summoned both the L17 owlbear and L20 panther to assist my marginally competent rogue/artificer/druid build (who exists only to get the druid past life out of the way). The owlbear easily performed on par with the panther (actually, when comparing kills the owlbear consistently had more than the panther).

Now, I haven't unleashed the epic owlbear yet. So, there may be some difference there. But, I'd much rather have the owlbear out than the panther given how the two are performing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post

I summoned both the L17 owlbear and L20 panther to assist my marginally competent rogue/artificer/druid build (who exists only to get the druid past life out of the way). The owlbear easily performed on par with the panther (actually, when comparing kills the owlbear consistently had more than the panther).

Now, I haven't unleashed the epic owlbear yet. So, there may be some difference there. But, I'd much rather have the owlbear out than the panther given how the two are performing for me.
    Thanks. Now my curiosity is piqued. I will do a bit of side by side comparison and contribute to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post

Please wait until you take the epic Owlbear into same level content... so level 24/25 quests.

Take the Owlbear out into the Gianthold explorer zone... then tell me it's better than the Panther.

You need to also take into consideration dungeon difficulty scaling... the more players/hirelings you call... the more hitpoints of the mobs have and the quest becomes more difficult. If the hireling is not bringing enough to the group, you would be better off playing without him.

IMO and experience, the Owlbear hireling does not bring enough to the group to justify calling. (and its not just my opinion, others are not impressed as well.)
    Dorian

Please wait until you take the epic Owlbear into same level content... so level 24/25 quests.

Take the Owlbear out into the Gianthold explorer zone... then tell me it's better than the Panther.

You need to also take into consideration dungeon difficulty scaling... the more players/hirelings you call... the more hitpoints of the mobs have and the quest becomes more difficult. If the hireling is not bringing enough to the group, you would be better off playing without him.

IMO and experience, the Owlbear hireling does not bring enough to the group to justify calling. (and its not just my opinion, others are not impressed as well.)
    Two or three things on this.

1. Epic areas the panther is a total waste of space. It is absolutely an endangered species. If I'm running in eGianthold I run solo or with a real group and never with hirelings of any type. So, I have a hard time imagining the eOwlbear as being inferior to the panther.

2. Scaling with the panther is intended to be less than with other hirelings. This is supposed to be true of all gold seal hirelings. I can tell you categorically that from my experience the hOwlbear brings enough to make it worthwhile.

3. I'm not impressed that others are not impressed (or you either for that matter). The forums are always full of people with something to whine about and they turn hostile whenever there is a different POV. Moreover, opinions are like anal openings, everyone has them and they're usually full of sh.... So, unless there is something factual to present the opinions of people doesn't really sway me.

I will reiterate, I've only used the heroic owlbear and it out performed the panther in all content that I've run with the two of them out. The difference is noticeable enough that I am only using the owlbear in those cases where I choose to have only one out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast